Cult of Sharpness

Old November 10th 09, 12:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo,alt.comp.periphs.dcameras.canon
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default Cult of Sharpness

Uh - you forgot something important - again wrote:

Uh - the slime liar is back - again!

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 18:42:48 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg
Uh - you forgot something important - again wrote:
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 01:51:18 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg

What difference does buying the sharpest lenses make if you are going to
put them on a camera where the mirror slap and shutter slap shake the
camera so much that you can never make use of their full resolving power.

What difference does your opinion make when your facts are
all wrong --- again, as usual and expected by now?

Showing that you've never even read the tests done on this problem, nor
tested it yourself.

I read lots of tests about that --- sorry, your claims are
proven wrong. While noone doubts that there is mirror slap
and shutter slap, the effect is in most practically cases
undetectable. In the few cases where it is detectable, it's
trivial to circumvent --- much easier than pre-focussing with
P&S for action shots.

My own tests and extensive experience gives the same result.

What's the matter? You don't own any camera to test?

Would you kindly borrow me yours, so I can see your
sledgehammer mirror slap? Oh, sorry, I remember, you don't have one ...

Fire a flash
mounted off-camera because the firing of the strobe imparts its own pulse
of motion, detectable by anyone who has held a firing flash.

Oh, yes, the photons provide *sooo* much pulse of motion!

No, you pathetic "can't dazzle them with brilliance so baffle them with
your bull****" moron.

Looking into a mirror can cause slime to write that stuff.

It's caused by the discharge in the capacitor and its
dielectric layers responding to the release of energy.

Ah. the electrons rushing out of the capacitator must have
tons of mass. And of course the random rotation of molecules
(in all directions) causes a lot of translational energy.

Whole new physics you are creating, slime.

**** are you ever
stupid. PROVED AGAIN!

Yep, slime, you are.

ANYONE with a flash unit can fire it off with the test button on it and
feel the jolt occurring from the capacitor discharging.

Having owned more flashes than you have pressed the test
button of any flash ... nope, you are wrong.

Oh wait, that's right. You have probably never even touched a flash unit,
nor any camera. You just proved that by refuting that flash units don't
impart a pulse of motion when fired.

You just proved you never ever held a flash in your life.
Don't worry, a nonexisting flash will work well with your
imaginary camera, taking perfect shots.

-Wolfgang
Old November 10th 09, 08:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo,alt.comp.periphs.dcameras.canon
Uh - you forgot something important - again

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:24:48 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg
, the "Can't Dazzle Them With Brilliance So
Baffle Them With Bull****" moron attempted to type:

Uh - you forgot something important - again wrote:

Uh - the slime liar is back - again!

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 18:42:48 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg
Uh - you forgot something important - again wrote:
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 01:51:18 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg

Oh, yes, the photons provide *sooo* much pulse of motion!

No, you pathetic "can't dazzle them with brilliance so baffle them with
your bull****" moron.

It's caused by the discharge in the capacitor and its
dielectric layers responding to the release of energy.

Ah. the electrons rushing out of the capacitator must have
tons of mass. And of course the random rotation of molecules
(in all directions) causes a lot of translational energy.

No brilliance again, just more bull****, as usual coming from your idiot's
trolling.

It is due to the high physical compression of the dielectric layers in the
capacitor being suddenly released. Producing a pulse of motion expanding
from the discharging capacitor.

Don't you feel bad always having to go to such extremes to invent your wild
red-herring explanations just for the attention? While wasting the time of
people far more intelligent than you'll ever be. Others always having to
correct your incessant bull****-troll's words. Or is this just your way of
getting even with smart people for them always proving to the world how
stupid and ignorant you have been all your life? (The latter being the more
correct and plausible reason.)

After this I think I'll let some other intelligent person reveal to the
world how you manage to always make a fool of yourself. It's so easy to do.
I'm sure one of them might take some pleasure from it. If there are any
intelligent people around here that is, pickings seem mighty slim.
Babysitting your ignorance becomes an endless unpaid task for anyone who
adopts the desperate Wolfy Cretin. But you are fun to bounce off of your
crib walls once in a while--to watch you wildly grasp for anything that you
possibly can in an attempt to retain your bliss of ignorance.

Old November 11th 09, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bob Larter is Lionel Lauer - Look it up.

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:45:16 +1000, Bob Larter
wrote:

Uh - you forgot something important - again wrote:
It is due to the high physical compression of the dielectric layers in the
capacitor being suddenly released. Producing a pulse of motion expanding
from the discharging capacitor.

What a complete load of bull****. For starters; I've spent a total of
about 20 years in the electronics industry (both design & service), &
I've never heard of any such effect, & I'm very familiar with weird
quirks in capacitors - particularly high voltage electrolytics, which
are the kind used in flashguns.
Secondly: if such an effect existed, it'd affect only the diameter of
the can - it wouldn't be directional, thus it wouldn't move the flashgun
in any direction.
Thirdly: If such an effect existed, it'd eventually tear the capacitor
out of the PCB or snap the leads off the cap - that doesn't happen.

PS: Nice try at screwing up the followups to prevent anyone from
debunking your bull****. ;^)

Fourthly: this only proves that you've never held a decent flash in your
hand while firing it off. Anyone who has done that can easily detect the
physical pulse of motion upon firing it. Meaning you're nothing but a
pretend-photographer troll because you have no direct contact with anything
photography related.

Unless you consider the times you've worn your trench-coat to the kiddies'
park and held that "flash" in your hands while firing it off--and still
didn't detect anything worth noting. Then that would be totally
understandable of why you believe what you believe.

Bob Larter's legal name: Lionel Lauer
Home news-group, an actual group in the "troll-tracker" hierarchy:
alt.kook.lionel-lauer (established on, or before, 2004)
Registered Description: "the 'owner of several troll domains' needs a group where he'll stay on topic."

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&num=10&as_ugroup=alt.kook.lionel-lauer

"Results 1 - 10 of about 2,170 for group:alt.kook.lionel-lauer."
Old November 11th 09, 04:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bob Larter is Lionel Lauer - Look it up.

wrote:

[...]

*snort* You're imagining it, kid.

*snort* Thanks for proving to all the world that you've never fired a
flash-unit in your lifetime. Everyone else reading this who has ever used a
flash unit during their lifetime now knows you do to be nothing but the
TOTAL troll and inexperienced fool that you are.

Thanks for playing! Bye!

Old November 11th 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bob Larter is Lionel Lauer - Look it up.

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for proving to all the world that you know nothing about
electronics.

BTW; I own two flashguns that I use frequently, & have never seen this
imaginary effect.

Thanks for playing! Bye!

Bob Larter's legal name: Lionel Lauer
Home news-group, an actual group in the "troll-tracker" hierarchy:
alt.kook.lionel-lauer (established on, or before, 2004)

It's hilarious that you think you can trick people into posting to a
non-existent group, little troll. ;^)

Non-existent? The following information proves you to be nothing but a
lifetime troll and liar.

Old November 11th 09, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Silly as this might sound, I have just taken my SB-800 in my hand. I
looked away so I could activate the flash and only have the sense of
touch.
When I triggered the flash there was the usual audible click and I
could feel that "click" in my hand. No movement, or motion, just a
sensation of feeling that "click" through the body of the flash. It
could have been the sound wave being transmitted through the case into
my hand, but who knows??

Savageduck

Old November 11th 09, 06:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

The 'click' comes from thermal expansion of the xenon gas in the flash
tube when it ionises. It's not enough to move a DSLR body, nor is it
related in any way to "physical compression" or any other action by the
main capacitor - contrary to what our idiot P&S troll claims. He might
as well claim that nearby crickets chirping are enough to blur a DSLR
exposure - it'd make about as much sense.

Agreed the "click" would not have imparted any movement of any
consequences to a DSLR body.

Savageduck

Old November 11th 09, 08:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bob Larter is Lionel Lauer - Look it up.

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:12:34 +1000, Bob Larter

Old November 11th 09, 08:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Too Funny![_4_]

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 22:38:46 -0800, Savageduck

wrote:

[...]

Just like you believe that the slapping "click" of the shutter and the
slapping "click" of the mirror doesn't either.

Trip that shutter with a ball-peen hammer while you're at it.