Digital photo flaw - equipment failure?

Old November 4th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Here's Johnny

Default Digital photo flaw - equipment failure?

Hi all,

I am not a photographer (though very interested in photography!) but I do
fairly basic digital retouching for wedding customers. I have received a few
discs of photos from the same photographer a few times now with the same
problem.

About a quarter from the left border of a landscape image, a vertical,
single-pixel greenish line run through. I've zoomed in and can see a small
(maybe 2x2 pixel) white spot about 5 pixels from the top of the image, and
the green line runs vertically down from there, right to the bottom of the
image. This littel white spot looks like there's a "hole" in the image,
which is "leaking" the green line.

Can this learned forum please advise me as to why this keeps happening?

I have raised this previously with the photographer and he told me last time
it was down to a corrupted media card. That sounded wrong to me, as an IT
support pro - if the media card was corrupt, we would be having other
issues. (That's not to say he was being dishonest - he's not an IT person.)
He told me he ditched the faulty card, but here we are again. I suspect he's
mis-diagnosing the problem, and that ditching this data card too will not
fix the issue.

Could his explanation be right? I suspect it's a problem with his camera and
that he's giving me excuses to fob off having to spend money on it. I'd be
very grateful for advice, as I don't want to dismiss him if I'm wrong. He
tells me he took many more photos after the ones he took for me, and none of
them have this issue, so he reckons it's ot the camera. Then again he never
noticed this the first time, nor this time, until I raised it with him.

Thanks for reading this!

Old November 5th 09, 04:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny wrote:
[...]

Problem solved, never mind!