Ford, The Survivor

Old May 16th 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Savageduck[_2_]

Default Ford, The Survivor

Well since Ford is the only one of the Big 3, even remotely looking
like a survivor, here is a little salute.

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0597c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0604c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0605c.jpg

Savageduck

Old May 16th 09, 05:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
DMac

Savageduck wrote:
Well since Ford is the only one of the Big 3, even remotely looking like
a survivor, here is a little salute.

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0597c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0604c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0605c.jpg

Should never put radial tyres on one of these cars.
Old May 16th 09, 05:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-05-15 21:08:59 -0700, DMac said:

Savageduck wrote:
Well since Ford is the only one of the Big 3, even remotely looking
like a survivor, here is a little salute.

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0597c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0604c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0605c.jpg

Should never put radial tyres on one of these cars.

You noticed, he even mixed types.
He has Firestone cross-plies on the front and radials on the back.
I suspect this is not all it appears to be. There appears to be some
work to the rear end, as evidence by the appearance of the rear wheel
wells.
He is also using standard California plates with plain vanilla
registration, not Historic Vehicle plates.
I have a feeling an inspection under the hood would reveal something
other than a restored original engine.
Savageduck

Old May 16th 09, 07:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
David J. Littleboy

"Savageduck" wrote:

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0597c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0604c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0605c.jpg

Huh? I thought they were black? You camera's got _serious_ color rendition
problemsg.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old May 16th 09, 07:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-05-15 23:18:10 -0700, "David J. Littleboy" said:

"Savageduck" wrote:

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0597c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0604c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0605c.jpg

Huh? I thought they were black? You camera's got _serious_ color rendition
problemsg.

No! Model-T was the Ford of "You can have it in any color, as long as
it is black."

This is a Model A, which was offered in various color options, but not black
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_A_(1927-1931)
Savageduck

Old May 16th 09, 08:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-05-15 23:18:10 -0700, "David J. Littleboy" said:

"Savageduck" wrote:

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0597c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0604c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0605c.jpg

Huh? I thought they were black? You camera's got _serious_ color rendition
problemsg.

No! Model-T was the Ford of "You can have it in any color, as long as
it is black."

This is a Model A, which was offered in various color options, but not black
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_A_(1927-1931)

....but if you want black, I found this parked in town last week:

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSC_0509.JPG
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSC_0508.JPG
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSC_0511.JPG
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSC_0507.JPG

Savageduck

Old May 16th 09, 10:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 15 May 2009 23:27:25 -0700, Savageduck

On 2009-05-15 23:18:10 -0700, "David J. Littleboy" said:

"Savageduck" wrote:

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0597c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0604c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0605c.jpg

Huh? I thought they were black? You camera's got _serious_ color rendition
problemsg.

No! Model-T was the Ford of "You can have it in any color, as long as
it is black."

But even that was not correct. Black was the standard colour but you
could order it in other colours.

Old May 16th 09, 10:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Bruce[_4_]

Savageduck wrote:

Well since Ford is the only one of the Big 3, even remotely looking
like a survivor, here is a little salute.

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0597c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0604c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0605c.jpg

Let me guess ... it's the 2010 Ford ECO-Hybrid on test.

;-)
Old May 16th 09, 01:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Peter[_7_]

"Savageduck" wrote in message
Well since Ford is the only one of the Big 3, even remotely looking like a
survivor, here is a little salute.

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0597c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0604c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0605c.jpg

Savageduck

Here is a garage door opener, originally designed for a bike that will work
fine on that car too.

http://www.wimp.com/garageopener

--
Peter

Old May 16th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-05-16 05:33:21 -0700, "Peter" said:

"Savageduck" wrote in message
Well since Ford is the only one of the Big 3, even remotely looking
like a survivor, here is a little salute.

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0597c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0604c.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ModelA_0605c.jpg

Savageduck

Here is a garage door opener, originally designed for a bike that will
work fine on that car too.

http://www.wimp.com/garageopener

Mine broke about 18 months ago.
Savageduck