Camera Card Reader

Old January 2nd 09, 10:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Default Camera Card Reader

ASAAR wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 20:15:42 -0600, Ron Hunter wrote:

Not putting Montana down, as I suspect
that most people there wouldn't have it any other way, but people in
urban areas just don't understand the rural way of life.
Sez you and others such as Palin, that thrive on bludgeoning
others with the "moral, small town values" stick that time after
time whups them up side the head when their hypocrisy is exposed.
If you believe swill such as "people in urban areas just don't
understand the rural way of life", can you honestly say with a
straight face that those that live in rural areas understand
anything other than their own way of life? Not putting Montana or
Texas down, of course. Well, maybe the rural outposts of Dallas.

Some of us do. I lived in a small town for the first 23 years of my
life, so I understand both the advantages, and disadvantages.

The "Some of us do." is reasonable, but you only applied it to
your side, being more judgmental of an implied *all* of the "people
in urban areas" that "just don't understand the rural way of life".
I'm one of those from the urban areas, and spent quite a bit of time
when young visiting relatives that were mostly farmers, who grew
lots of corn, cotton and tobacco, had hogs, horses, chickens,
outhouses and chamber pots, wells and no running water, and lived a
very good life. Good people too, and they were religious and had
the kind of family values that would later become used as a weapon
by right wing politicians to divide Americans. Lots of racist Klan
members no doubt thought of themselves the same way. When I was in
the army there were many good ole southern boys that loved to listen
and laugh along with 33rpm records of some southern comedians that
disparaged blacks with jokes about chiggers and "chegroes" and such,
and these army "buddies" were quite fond of saying with a smile "The
South shall RISE again!". When I watched and listened to Palin at
some of her political rallies make false accusations against Obama
to a backdrop of some of the worst of her supporters who shouted
"Kill him!", it sounded all too familiar. Tell me again how I just
don't understand the rural life. It's not just the "South" or rural
life, it's a state of mind. The North, West and Midwest has its
share of loonies, Klan members, white supremacists, religious
fanatics that shoot, bomb and kill doctors and innocents in clinics,
and conspiracy nuts such as Timothy McVeigh. They also love the
rural and despise the urban life. Despite your views I don't lump
you in with those nuts, but you do tend to reinforce the stereotypes
that they thrive on and try to spread.

BTW, the name of that "comedian" just came back to me, Brother
Dave Gardner. He's got a Wiki page that's probably accurate but
only briefly touches on his racial "humor". He was a "good ole boy"
fer sure. Ever hear of him?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_Dave_Gardner

Oh, yes, one of my favorites. Under all that comedy, and quasi racial
stuff was some very good sense. Like the preacher who had a wreck
trying to avoid a drunk, and the drunk asked if he was ok. The preacher
said he was because 'The Lord is riding with me.', and the drunk replied
'Well, you better let him ride with me before you kill him!' Loved that
one.
Another was that he wasn't a Democrat or Republican, because if he got
all involved in which was better, and what they wanted to do, he might
forget America. Now that one has certainly come to pass!
Old January 2nd 09, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

John Navas wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 02:37:17 -0600, Ron Hunter
wrote in :

John Navas wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 20:17:07 -0600, Ron Hunter
wrote in :

John Navas wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 03:43:10 -0600, Ron Hunter
wrote in :

WHAT? OH NO! To hear the environmentalists rave, ONLY the US is
responsible for pollution. The people in South America burning the rain
forests, and those in China with pollution causing industry, putting
chemicals in things they export, INTENTIONALLY, and things like that are
to be ignored because the US is the 'Great Satin', bent on destroying
all life on the earth with our decadent lifestyles. Where have you been
hiding, John?
In the real world.

We can't blame ANYONE but the US. It's not politically correct.
That's silly nonsense. No offense intended.

Yes, it is, but it IS how most of the rest of the world seems to think,
and not a few radical environmentalists in the US. Expect to see some
rather draconian laws in the next 4-8 years.
Let's hope not.
More regulation is badly needed.
"Draconian" laws are not.

One of the most difficult things about solving complex problems is
trying to understand all the various effects the 'solution' may have.
All too often, the 'quick fix' turns out to be worse than the original
problem. Does MTBE remind you of anything?

Hardly a 'quick fix' -- an interim solution that was known to be a
problem from Day 1. The ethanol requirement is a better example,
incredibly dumb legislation thanks to special interests and their
campaign contributions.

Yes, it has succeeded in getting the price of corn up to the highest
levels in history. The ugly fact is that if we grew corn for making
ethanol on ever arable acre of land in the US, we couldn't grow enough
to satisfy our gasoline needs, let alone the needs of industry.
And then what would we EAT?
Old January 2nd 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:08:29 -0600, Ron Hunter
wrote in :

John Navas wrote:

Hardly a 'quick fix' -- an interim solution that was known to be a
problem from Day 1. The ethanol requirement is a better example,
incredibly dumb legislation thanks to special interests and their
campaign contributions.

Yes, it has succeeded in getting the price of corn up to the highest
levels in history. The ugly fact is that if we grew corn for making
ethanol on ever arable acre of land in the US, we couldn't grow enough
to satisfy our gasoline needs, let alone the needs of industry.
And then what would we EAT?

Much if not most of the profit in corn is from sweeteners and animal
feed. It's not a terribly good foodstuff. Think soy.

--
Very best wishes for the holiday season and for the coming new year,
John
Old January 3rd 09, 08:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

wrote in :

John Navas wrote:

Hardly a 'quick fix' -- an interim solution that was known to be a
problem from Day 1. The ethanol requirement is a better example,
incredibly dumb legislation thanks to special interests and their
campaign contributions.

Yes, it has succeeded in getting the price of corn up to the highest
levels in history. The ugly fact is that if we grew corn for making
ethanol on ever arable acre of land in the US, we couldn't grow enough
to satisfy our gasoline needs, let alone the needs of industry.
And then what would we EAT?

Much if not most of the profit in corn is from sweeteners and animal
feed. It's not a terribly good foodstuff. Think soy.

ARRRGG! I HATE soy products. Perhaps you just haven't ever enjoyed
real sweet corn fresh.
Old January 3rd 09, 11:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 02:37:50 -0600, Ron Hunter
wrote in :

John Navas wrote:

Much if not most of the profit in corn is from sweeteners and animal
feed. It's not a terribly good foodstuff. Think soy.

ARRRGG! I HATE soy products. Perhaps you just haven't ever enjoyed
real sweet corn fresh.

I love Silver Queen. It's just not a terribly good foodstuff.

--
Best regards,
John