Reluctant Wedding Photographer

Old November 17th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Not4wood

Default Reluctant Wedding Photographer

Mr Strat,

First of all, its gotten to the point that you posted what they wanted and
they still cant except it. This thread has gone on way too long over
nonsense.

Everyone who does Weddings does it for the Art and the money comes in as a
second thought. Yes, the money was very good and nobody cant deny that the
money is the driving force. Yes, my Boss had a very nice house. Nice car
and so on. A lot of the other Studios that did Weddings and Catering Houses
in the area also did/does (for those that are still around) extremely well.
The Studio that I used to work in charged a very high amount for our quality
and we shot Weddings almost every weekend and sometimes I got to work twice
in a weekend. We also had other photographers who worked for the studio and
they also shot Weddings in the same weekend. So we used to do some times at
least 3 or even 4 jobs or more in one weekend. The Studio was around for a
very long time before the owners retired. I haven't seen any of that family
in a very long time. I have heard about them and know that there still
around but I personally haven't seen them.

The money was there to be made, if you had a good rep and acted professional
then they would come. We did repetitive business, several times for
relatives and friends who liked our results and they all liked the way our
Photographers behaved. Sometimes I didn't like somebody for there attitude
(the photographer), but there quality was so good I couldn't complain. The
results made up for it. Some of those guys acted like used car salesmen
that had a product that no one else had and theres was the best. They were
good, but no better then the rest of that bunch that worked there. I got to
admit, that they all had great quality. I should know, during the week I
was the one who was the mass printer on the proofing machine and I printed
there work.

As an old photographer who used to do weddings when I was in my early
twenties, (a long time ago, LOL) Mr Strat has posted some things that only a
true wedding photographer would know. I am not swearing by it, but this is
a newsgroup and the trolls have flocked on this topic.

Give it a rest. Strat might have a bad tude, but because of his bad tude
doesn't mean he wasn't a photographer. I have seen plenty of bad attitudes
around in that business. Like photography owed them something and they
never became famous like Scouvoulo. Or any of the other famous
photographers that weren't any where near as good as there rep was.

Mark G
Not4wood

"Mr. Strat" wrote in message
In article 2007111612174950073-christophercampbell@hotmailcom, C J
Campbell wrote:

Ah. So you are a FAILED wedding photographer. I suppose that ought to
tell us something about how good your advice really is.

Snip .

Old November 18th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 11/16/07 11:56 AM, in article ,
"Mr. Strat" wrote:

In article , George Kerby
wrote:

With Photoshop and Calligraphy Fonts, any moron could have thrown that
together with a hunk of crap from a cosume store "metal".

Stick it up your ass...

By the looks of that display, it would seem that have already done so
yourself...

Old November 18th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 11/16/07 11:57 AM, in article ,
"Mr. Strat" wrote:

In article , JosephKK
wrote:

I do not give much of a rat what you do so far. If you like being
polymorphic, do so. If you like credibility, act accordingly.

I changed it to Mr. Strat because that's a moniker I use frequently in
other places on the Net.

Your anal references indicate that your true moniker should be "Mr. Scat".

Old November 18th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 11/16/07 2:17 PM, in article

On 2007-11-09 08:43:15 -0800, "Mr. Strat" said:

In article OpYYi.13015$%n.2996@trndny07, Not4wood
wrote:

Question for you Mr Strat. Obviously you are or were a Wedding Photographer
so you know the routine. My question is in digital, if you were doing a job
now. My wifes friend is having a sweet 16 for her daughter. I just got a
Nikon D80, would you shoot it in RAW? I obviously am not taking everything,
just what I see at the Reception/Restaurant. I dont think it will be
anything fancy and I wont be getting paid and have not even been approached
to shoot. They cant afford anybody, and most of all nobody was shooting the
candle lighting ceremony (In the last daughters party). I didn't understand
that originally anyway. LOL Just as an occasional shot, and also at no
part of this party will I even be shooting heavy except maybe the candle
lighting.

I closed the studio doors in 1995 and decided to do something where I
could make money.

Ah. So you are a FAILED wedding photographer. I suppose that ought to
tell us something about how good your advice really is.

Like those phony shot that he posted as his. A failure as well...