Waste of Money?

Old June 11th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Colin_D[_2_]

Default Waste of Money?

cameragal wrote:
I just purchased a 5D and the specs say it is compatible with compact
flash I and II. Can I use compact flash III or IV or is that a waste
of money? thanks in advance

rs

Compact Flash I and II refers to the physical size of the card; they are
of different thickness, but the camera can accommodate either one.

Also, cards come in different speeds; how fast they read and write data
varies among makes and designations. III and IV probably refer to
Sandisk cards, and are pretty fast cards. Speed is quoted as so many
times the base speed, as in 33x or 66x where the base speed is taken to
be 150KB per second. Price is a reasonably good guide to speed. Some
entry-level cameras like the 300D could not use the high speed cards
because of hardware limitations in the camera, but the 5D should be able
to use fast cards.

For more than you really want to know, have a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_flash

Colin D.
Old June 12th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ron Recer

"Colin_D" wrote in message
cameragal wrote:
[...]

Or for actual test of cards see: