Most cost effective photo printer

Old November 7th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sgiovinco

Default Most cost effective photo printer

Hi,

Can you recommend the best photo printer that is the most cost
effective to run in terms of ink and paper? Here's what I'll be doing:
--Printing only 8x10
--No need for archival prints
--30 prints per month
--The only purpose is to send fine art galleries and museums images as
way to introduce myself to them and make appointments

I currently use my HP 4600 color laser to print images and mail as
promotional material to galleries, but am looking to suppliment that
with several high quality prints.

I've heard bad things about Epson; HP recommened their 7360 but i've
heard very little about it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! Steve

Old November 8th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bmoag

Look at this way: if a better print at a slightly higher cost impresses the
gallery enough to use your materials what do a few cents cost per print
matter?
Hence I would strongly, strongly recommend the Epson R800 (presuming you use
color management et al which I would presume you do).

Old November 8th 06, 08:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bob Williams

sgiovinco wrote:
Hi,

Can you recommend the best photo printer that is the most cost
effective to run in terms of ink and paper? Here's what I'll be doing:
--Printing only 8x10
--No need for archival prints
--30 prints per month
--The only purpose is to send fine art galleries and museums images as
way to introduce myself to them and make appointments

I currently use my HP 4600 color laser to print images and mail as
promotional material to galleries, but am looking to suppliment that
with several high quality prints.

I've heard bad things about Epson; HP recommened their 7360 but i've
heard very little about it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! Steve

Unless you plan to print on some kind of fancy paper, the most practical
thing to do is have your 8x10s printed commercially.
I use Costco, 1-Hour service and it is a great value at $1.50 / print.
They offer prints on Glossy or Satin. Same price.
Bob Williams