Olympus E20p .. ?

Old July 26th 03, 07:02 PM
Bernard Hill

Default Olympus E20p .. ?

In article ,
news.theplanet.co.uk writes
Anyone got one of these...?

Anyone recommend it ..?

Any Pros or Cons..?

Im thinking of getting one but would like to hear comments first...

Anyone have one for sale in UK..???

thanks... keith

I've got its (even better) little brother E-10.

Just handle it. You might not want to put it down.

Not for sale.

Bernard Hill
Selkirk, Scotland

Old July 27th 03, 09:34 AM
ejb

"Bernard Hill" wrote in message I've got its (even better) little
brother E-10.

I'm interested as to why you think E10 is better than the E20.

I'm looking to upgrade at the mo,and can't decide between the Dimage 7hi and
the E20,or a s/h E10.
I'd welcome any comments on the above cameras.

ejb

Old July 27th 03, 04:08 PM
Bernard Hill

In article , ejb
writes

"Bernard Hill" wrote in message I've got its (even better) little
brother E-10.

I'm interested as to why you think E10 is better than the E20.

1. Price
2. Faster saving to card.

The main problem with the E10/20 is that the internal buffer takes 4
shots and then it has to empty to the CF card. And that's the bottleneck
sometimes. The E10 takes 7-8 seconds per picture (assuming not TIFF
format) and the E-20 takes 10-12.

So for 4 pictures if you've been shooting in Drive mode and it's 30
seconds to wait on an E10 and 40 seconds on an E20.

The *disadvantages* of the E10 are

1. 11% less resolution in each direction
2. Older models don't have automatic pixel mapping [if buying 2nd hand
then make sure yours has because there were other manual focussing
issues which were solved at the same time]
3. There is an undocumented button press on the E20 which will change
the ISO without using menus. This doesn't work on an E10.

Oh, yes, and the disadvantage of both types is the incredibly high price
of accessories. Like nearly £60 for a cable release? Like £600 for the
big add-on Lithium battery? Who's kidding who?

Anyway for me, I reckon I'd take an E10 over an E20 even at the same
price because of the points above, but when you consider it's £200
cheaper...

I certainly love my E-10.

Bernard Hill
Selkirk, Scotland