Difficult technical question on ISO & light

Old November 3rd 04, 12:02 AM
Gymmy Bob

You really are an antique dealer then...LOL

"Frank Pittel" wrote in message
In rec.photo.darkroom Gymmy Bob wrote:
: Take the PCB out of your camera and see what it does then.

My cameras work find without any PCBs. No electronics of any kind.

: "Frank Pittel" wrote in message
: ...
: In rec.photo.darkroom Gregory W Blank wrote:
: : In article ,
: : "Gymmy Bob" wrote:
: :
: : My pictures have no grain and I don't have to pollute the

environment
: with
: : chemicals to print them.
:
: : Beep wrong answer!!! Digital photography is way way more costly
: : to the environment than film will ever be. Most chemicals for film
: : processing are biologically sound or can readily be made so with

proper
: : care. Producers of Printed circuit boards are some of
: : the worst enviromental offenders in existance & coupled with the lbs

of
: lead in that
: : key board your sharing your "knowledge" with :-) , you haven't a leg

: stand on.
:
: The chemicals involved in making the semiconductors make the ferric
: chloride used for
: the PC boards look enviro friendly.
: --
:
:
:
:
: Keep working millions on welfare depend on you
: -------------------
:

-------------------

Old November 3rd 04, 04:25 AM
Gymmy Bob

What difference does it make how it is done? The fact is I can do multiple
exposures in my camera which dickwad troll says I can't.

He is just trolling and rolls his argument to keep the troll going.

"Harvey" wrote in message

"Tom Phillips" wrote in message

Dave Martindale wrote:

Tom Phillips writes:

[...]

And CCDs are quite capable of multiple exposures, as long as you leave
the charge in the CCD between exposures. Why do you think they are not
capable of this?

They *aren't* capable of doing this *as yet* - the charge leaks away quite
quickly on all [photographic] CCD sensors on the market - its one of the
many current limitations of CCD manufacture - pack too many sensors in,

the
capacitors become small and the charge leaks away before you get time to
read it out.

Things are changing though - CCD image area sizes are getting larger -

that
allows the charge capacitors to be bigger and hold the charge longer,

making
true multiple exposure a possibility.

Old November 3rd 04, 10:49 PM
Gymmy Bob

Did you mean "you're"?

"Udie Lafing" wrote in message

Your a twit, and ever so close to being kill filed"MORON".
--
LOL!!!

Old November 8th 04, 10:10 PM
Rainman

Default Difficult technical question on ISO & light

Frank Pittel wrote:
In rec.photo.darkroom William Graham wrote:

: "Frank Pittel" wrote in message
: ...
: In rec.photo.darkroom John wrote:
: : On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 02:42:16 GMT, "William Graham"
: : wrote:
:
: : I have spent 1000s on a 80386 computer too and it sickens me to see
: it
: : rotting after all that monery I spent.
: :
: : I started out with a 386 too....But I upgraded it over the years....I
: am
: : using an ancestor of that same machine even today, although I believe
: : everything that was in that original machine has been replaced by now,
: so
: : there is no part of it left......
:
: : My 486 bit the dust when I did the wonderful static zap to the
: : motherboard. Just got the whole thing working and one little tiny
: : spark and it never booted again. *** sigh ***
:
: : So now I'm running AMD64 3K w/1024 MB PC2700 !! Shortly the
: : 64bit versions of Linux are going to make another lunge ahead and I
: : just might finally migrate (I know Jean-David I know !) to SUSE Linux.
: : I've been trying the Fedora Core 3 Test 3 for AMD64 it really does run
: : better than XP Pro on my system.
:
:
: I'm still trying to get all my PCs migrated to Fedora Core 2. I've got one
: machine
: left and I'm afraid to even try. :-) I've got a lot running on it
: including my mail
: server. I first loaded Caldera on it when Caldera was first released and
: I've been
: adding software by downloading the source and compiling it. This includes
: the kernel.
:
: I just know that most of it isn't going to work when I scrub the drives
: and install
: Fedora. To make matters worse it's my main fileserver and as a result it
: does my
: backups. I can't be without this machine. I'm thinking of buying another
: pc and
: migrating all the services over to it and when I get everything off of it
: then I
: can reload the OS.
:
: If you ever read me tell someone that they shouldn't load all their
: network services
: onto a single machine it's because I've learned the hard way. :-)
:

: Reloading operating systems is always a loser.....The last time I did it, I
: lost all of my "sent email files". this was over 8000 emails that
: represented all of my thoughts and aspirations for the last ten
: years.......Now I know where they are, and how to back them up, but I didn't
: know then, and now it's too late......

It can be a challenge to reload an OS. :-) There are times when it preferable to
start over. Proper layout of the OS and partitioning of the disks can make it
easier.

The idea is to have as much of the OS and OS only on isolated partitions. This way
in theory you can scrub those partitions and reload the new OS on those partitions
in such a way that you don't "upset" user data and other non-OS related software.
Unfortunatly that can be hard to do and unfortunatly it's hard to know how much of
the software is OS dependent.