Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

Old January 20th 07, 10:10 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
[email protected]

Default Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

Douglas wrote:
Drop in to one of my print centres if you ever come to Queensland and see
first hand which ones are the cheapest to run... Use my measuring gear to
check the prints scientifically too.

Will Douglas give an address, or even just the name in which they can
be found in the phone book??? (The 'famous' 'TechnoAussie' print
franchises never existed, except in Douglas' head.)

Or do we have to look for his market stall..?

.....is typical of every American I have ever met...

Rest of stupid rant snipped. Douglas attacks the messenger when he
loses the plot/debate.

Just ignore him, Wayne. Or for a chuckle, look up his postings on
enlargements (his have 'added detail' and he claims he can achieve a
sharp 36x24 from a 6x4...), perspective (he thinks it is all about lens
focal length, and not about distance from subject), depth of field
calculations (he just gets it wrong), or Panasonic FZ20's that match
medium format quality...

Here's some of his expertise:
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
(like I said, he seems to have problems with controlling d-o-f)
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
(How could a 250Kb jpg be that bad??? And did he really focus on the
tree?)

Any questions? (O:

Old January 20th 07, 10:38 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
MarkČ

wrote:
Douglas wrote:
[...]

Wow... -Nothing like taking your subjects out in WHITE t-shirts...under
MID-DAY SUN(!!!)
That's about as poorly-planned as it gets...

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old January 21st 07, 06:56 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
jack

welcome to our website

http://lihuarong.go3.icpcn.com

Old January 21st 07, 08:18 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Douglas

:
: Here's some of his expertise:
: http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
: (like I said, he seems to have problems with controlling d-o-f)
:
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
: (How could a 250Kb jpg be that bad??? And did he really focus on the
: tree?)
:
: Wow... -Nothing like taking your subjects out in WHITE t-shirts...under
: MID-DAY SUN(!!!)
: That's about as poorly-planned as it gets...
:
:
: --
Here you go again, pathetic moron... Tell me which professional photographer
you know who does not deliberately post such pics to prevent the client (or
fools like you) downloading his/her quality images without paying?

Somehow you seem to think I should post my proofs without compression and in
final edit form so it conforms to your idea of perfect. Unlike you, I have a
vested interest in NOT posting final edit images.

When you actually do grow up. You'll get to understand that not all English
is spelt in the American mangled version of the language and pointing out
spelling mistakes (one of your other moronic traits) is pretty obnoxious
stuff, just as attempting to belittle someone who derives a living from an
industry you don't have the balls to be in.

Get a life child... The one you lead now is absolutely pathetic if trolling
the newsgroups for someone to flame is the highlight of your day. Next time
you decide to hijack someone else's thread... Keep in mind you are behaving
in the classic mould of a troll because that's all you are.
--

Australian Wedding Photography between Kempsy, NSW and Sunshine Coast.
http://www.photosbydouglas.com

Old January 21st 07, 08:47 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
MarkČ

Douglas wrote:
Here's some of his expertise:
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
(like I said, he seems to have problems with controlling d-o-f)

http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
(How could a 250Kb jpg be that bad??? And did he really focus on
the tree?)

Wow... -Nothing like taking your subjects out in WHITE
t-shirts...under MID-DAY SUN(!!!)
That's about as poorly-planned as it gets...

--

Here you go again, pathetic moron... Tell me which professional
photographer you know who does not deliberately post such pics to
prevent the client (or fools like you) downloading his/her quality
images without paying?

So you're saying that you post your crappy photos on purpose?
Why?
That's about as convincing as the kid who trips on his way down the stairs,
and then insists that he "meant to do that..."

Somehow you seem to think I should post my proofs without compression
and in final edit form so it conforms to your idea of perfect. Unlike
you, I have a vested interest in NOT posting final edit images.

Compression has NOTHING to do with lighting, planning, mid-day sun, and
white t-shirts.
Any photog worth his salt knows that you don't take clients out in mid-day,
cloudless sun and shoot portraits--expecially not in white t-shirts. Now
what part of that is trolling?

When you actually do grow up. You'll get to understand that not all
English is spelt in the American mangled version of the language and
pointing out spelling mistakes (one of your other moronic traits) is
pretty obnoxious stuff, just as attempting to belittle someone who
derives a living from an industry you don't have the balls to be in.

You must have me mixed up with someone else, Douglas. I don't point out
spelling mistakes. Maybe never.
There are many Marks here, but only one me. I don't use any other screen
names (unlike yourself). You have this bad habit of assuming you know who
you're talking to (someone else), attaching all sorts of actions and posts
to me that I haven't made.

Get a life child... The one you lead now is absolutely pathetic if
trolling the newsgroups for someone to flame is the highlight of your
day. Next time you decide to hijack someone else's thread... Keep in
mind you are behaving in the classic mould of a troll because that's
all you are.

Again... You seem to have me mixed up with someone else.
You've done this at least twice before.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old January 21st 07, 08:48 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Douglas

I actually take you seriously Mark, about not being able to follow a thread
properly unless it was bottom posted.. Not just more absurd crap from the
master of verbal drivel but a frank admission of his inability to read
proper English.

No where in the world is there more quasi "standards" than on the Internet.
Everyone here has a perception of how it has to be and not a single one has
a clue how to make it that way.

If the largest manufacturer of software in the world defaults their news
reader to top posting, that's good enough for me. "Stick your request for
comments" in the same mail box you use to receive all the other spam.

One day you and a couple of other militant morons will discover you have no
right to even attempt to impose your ideas of correctness on anyone else and
(hopefully) stop the practice... Although that might actually be asking too
much from those with such feeble powers of deduction as you have Mark.
--

Australian Wedding Photography between Kempsy, NSW and Sunshine Coast.
http://www.photosbydouglas.com
Digital photos enlarged and printed on Canvas
http://canvas.photosbydouglas.com
-----------------

It's not about scrolling. It's simply about knowing exactly what a
person's
comments are responding to.
This becomes especially important in conversations between several people,
where there are many comments about portions of other posts.

Old January 21st 07, 08:54 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
MarkČ

Douglas wrote:
I actually take you seriously Mark, about not being able to follow a
thread properly unless it was bottom posted..

What's funny about your comment there is that you can't even keep track of
who PEOPLE are, Douglas!
I've NEVER flamed anyone for top-posting.

Not just more absurd
crap from the master of verbal drivel but a frank admission of his
inability to read proper English.

No where in the world is there more quasi "standards" than on the
Internet. Everyone here has a perception of how it has to be and not
a single one has a clue how to make it that way.

If the largest manufacturer of software in the world defaults their
news reader to top posting, that's good enough for me. "Stick your
request for comments" in the same mail box you use to receive all the
other spam.

One day you and a couple of other militant morons will discover you
have no right to even attempt to impose your ideas of correctness on
anyone else and (hopefully) stop the practice... Although that might
actually be asking too much from those with such feeble powers of
deduction as you have Mark.

Once again, Douglas, you have me confused with someone else, as you've done
many times.
I have never...NEVER...jumped on someone for top-posting.
Not one SINGLE time.
In this instance, I merely explained why it can be helpful.
If you really think you're talking to someone (me) who has flamed people for
top-posting, then I officially challenge you to find a post from me where I
do so.
I haven't.

Old January 21st 07, 08:57 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
[email protected]

Off topic.

Douglas wrote:
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
: (How could a 250Kb jpg be that bad??? And did he really focus on the
: tree?)
:
: Wow... -Nothing like taking your subjects out in WHITE t-shirts...under
: MID-DAY SUN(!!!)
: That's about as poorly-planned as it gets...
:
:
: --
Here you go again, pathetic moron... Tell me which professional photographer
you know who does not deliberately post such pics to prevent the client (or
fools like you) downloading his/her quality images without paying?

All of them.

It's only Douglas that believes:
- anyone is even remotely interested in downloading and using dead-set
boring and poorly executed family portraits
- that you can somehow usefully enlarge an image that is only .. wait
for it.. 640 x 430 pixels. To Douglas of course, that would easily
enlarge to 36" x 24", with 'added detail' from his magical, still
untested algorithm.
(see at the bottom of this page:
http://hannemyr.com/photo/interpolation.html)
- that he can best display his work by deliberately (haha!) damaging
it.

Somehow, I'm more inclined to believe it is more about lack of
experience. Example, here, he uses a fairly good jpg as his title
image (at top of page).
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/example-index.htm

Yet here - ON HIS TITLE PAGE!!!, he uses a GIF version (!!!), with
dithering, blown highlights, etc.
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/

?????
Yes, he's fiendishly clever, is Douglas.

Somehow you seem to think I should post my proofs without compression and in
final edit form so it conforms to your idea of perfect.

'Final edit form' is 640 x 430 pixels, is it? I'd choose slightly
higher resolution originals, if I was him...

Unlike you, I have a
vested interest in NOT posting final edit images.

Yep, because Sooo Many people would want to take those gooooorgeous
images and use them as their desktop wallpapers, or sell them on the
black market... (O:

When you actually do grow up. You'll get to understand that not all English
is spelt in the American mangled version of the language and pointing out
spelling mistakes (one of your other moronic traits) is pretty obnoxious
stuff, just as attempting to belittle someone who derives a living from an
industry you don't have the balls to be in.

(rant snipped)

As usual, he attacks the person rather than the facts.

Anyway, I'm off comet chasing!! Bye.

Old January 21st 07, 09:12 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
MarkČ

wrote:
Off topic.

Douglas wrote:
[...]

Now Douglas... (since you're surely reading this)...I would like to simply
point out that is NOT me. I hate to break it to
you, but Mark is a rather common name, and there are many many Marks in the
world. Not just one. I'm MarkČ...ONLY MarkČ...and ONLY post as MarkČ.

So...if you want to rail away at Mark Thomas, then have at it. Just do
yourself a favor, and stop assuming that all people in the world named Mark
are one person.

www.pbase.com/markuson