What is the oldest digital pic you have on your computer?

Old December 13th 11, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rwalker

Default What is the oldest digital pic you have on your computer?

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 18:29:44 -0800 (PST), Annika1980
wrote:

This question got me to thinking. I started shooting digitally about
10 years ago, but many of my early efforts (taken with a 2.1MP Kodak)
are stored away on some CDs somewhere or in an old hard drive I don't
even have easy access to these days. I do have pretty much everything
from late 2002 on, which is when I got my Canon D60. The only problem
is storage space since they take up a few Terabytes.

I used to shoot quite a lot of film as well and I still have many
negatives and slides, very few of which have been scanned. I don't
even think my old scanners and software will work on my new computer.

I wonder how many of these images will still be around in another 10
or 20 years?
An even scarier thought is what if something happens to the drive(s) I
have them backed up on?
Poof! The last 10 years of photography gone forever. But on the
other hand, if I haven't used or profited from those pix by now, what
does it matter? Very few of the photos I've taken have been seen by
anyone besides me, despite the fact that I post a good number of
photos online. So who really cares if they go away?

I was even thinking of doing a book of photos that nobody else has
ever seen.
Of course, I'd probably be the only one who looks at the book.

I'll file that on the shelf right beside all those other projects
I'll never do.

This is one of my earliest:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5164668...57600513297369

A photo of a model I was building of my father's ship from WWII.

Completed he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5164668...57600513297369