Photoshop CS3 Beta review of Photoshop, parts 1, 2 and 3

Old December 28th 06, 10:31 PM posted to alt.graphics.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Rich

Default Photoshop CS3 Beta review of Photoshop, parts 1, 2 and 3

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi All,

As part of my ongoing review of the CS3 Beta I've uploaded three new
articles on my site on Photoshop, looking at the user interface,
ImageReady, Smart Filters and Black and White:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/pscs3.php

More to follow.

Cheers,

Wayne

I've never tried this with it, but suppose someone (to speed-up the
processes) wanted outfit PS with only toolbars and functions that
pertained to their personal work and get rid of (keep them offscreen)
any others. Is this possible? Reason is, PS is not as fast to use as
some other programs when it comes to doing various things. Being able
to have functions and even macros at a button's touch on the front
screen rather than buried in menus or consisting of multiple steps
(like a good camera body) would help.

Old December 31st 06, 09:57 PM posted to alt.graphics.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
KatWoman

"Rich" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
[...]

the menus are easily customizable in terms of displaying what you want only
save as your worskspace or make several for differing jobs

uhh ACTIONS??
for multiple steps processes this seems to have worked for most of us so far
it is also highly customizable
if you use it often don't keep it hidden!

for myself
I dragged the menus I use most often to one palette (Layers, actions,
history)
I rarely use channels or paths so I keep them off screen
I use navigator with swatches and styles on one palette
I keep the text palette hidden for most jobs
saved as my workspace

in actions I have a set called MY ACTIONS
I make ones for resizing and saving in several formats, I have to do often
and other actions I know will re-use for several images like color
correcting a large batch for example