taking pics in sunny day

Old August 3rd 04, 12:18 AM
Paul W. Ross

Default taking pics in sunny day

"Flash Fill" does the trick on killing the heavy shadows.
Old August 3rd 04, 12:18 AM
Paul W. Ross

"Flash Fill" does the trick on killing the heavy shadows.
Old August 3rd 04, 06:00 AM
zeitgeist

I have Kodak CX6330.
When I do pics in very sunny day (on beach specially) most of the time

there
is shade on the face.
I try not to do pics directly to the sun.
Any advice appreciated

don't take pix in the sun.

no seriously.

100 years ago when Mr Kodak invented the point and shot (brownie box camera,
you click and we do the rest) film was very slow and the lenses were small.
The only way to get a printable image was to shoot in the full bright sun.
Ever since then people seem to think that's the only way to take photos,
despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Look at most of the photos you see in magazines, the sports illustrated
bikini issue, how many of those shots were taken in the freakn sun? at high
noon?

most all are shot at twilight, or under huge scrims to diffuse the light, or
in shade,

when its cloudy are you safe? no, the light is still coming down so you
have bright noses and foreheads and eyes in deep shadow, raccoon eyes

the only solution is to use a fill flash.

Old August 3rd 04, 07:00 PM
jazu

"zeitgeist" wrote in message

I have Kodak CX6330.
When I do pics in very sunny day (on beach specially) most of the time

there
is shade on the face.
I try not to do pics directly to the sun.
Any advice appreciated

don't take pix in the sun.

You know I really agree with. When I do pics in cloudy day the come mutch
more better

the only solution is to use a fill flash.

Old August 3rd 04, 07:00 PM
jazu

"Paul W. Ross" wrote in message
om...
"Flash Fill" does the trick on killing the heavy shadows.

Thanks I will try.