ANTIQUE ?

Old February 20th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default ANTIQUE ?

While digging thru my box of "olde junque"
I came across my first digital camera.
An AGFA-CL18. The user manual printed in 2000.

2meg internal memory. No expansion slot.
Produces 32 .jpg pics No focus, no viewscreen.

I think it cost $38 new.

I put in batterys, and it still takes a useable pic.

What to do with this 6(?) yr old relic ??

Anyone have anything older ?
rj
Old February 20th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:43:51 -0700, "RJ"
wrote:

While digging thru my box of "olde junque"
I came across my first digital camera.
An AGFA-CL18. The user manual printed in 2000.

2meg internal memory. No expansion slot.
Produces 32 .jpg pics No focus, no viewscreen.

I think it cost $38 new.

I put in batterys, and it still takes a useable pic.

What to do with this 6(?) yr old relic ??

Anyone have anything older ?
rj

I have a 1940s era Russian Zenith, the Soviet version
of the Leica, 35mm reflex.
Old February 20th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:43:51 -0700, RJ wrote:

While digging thru my box of "olde junque"
I came across my first digital camera.
An AGFA-CL18. The user manual printed in 2000.

2meg internal memory. No expansion slot.
Produces 32 .jpg pics No focus, no viewscreen.

I think it cost $38 new.

I put in batterys, and it still takes a useable pic.

What to do with this 6(?) yr old relic ??

Anyone have anything older ?
rj

Don't know about precise age, but my Kodak DC210+ which I bought
refurbished fairly soon after production on it ceased. It still works just
fine. It's a one MP (1152x864) with 2x zoom - takes quite nice pictures.
As I recall, it may have been in the neighborhood of $100-$200.

Old February 20th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

RJ wrote:
While digging thru my box of "olde junque"
I came across my first digital camera.
An AGFA-CL18. The user manual printed in 2000.

2meg internal memory. No expansion slot.
Produces 32 .jpg pics No focus, no viewscreen.

I think it cost $38 new.

I put in batterys, and it still takes a useable pic.

What to do with this 6(?) yr old relic ??

Have your wife dye her hair blond, cut of a few strands and auction both
on ebay as 'Britney's hair and her first digicam'. Those idiots will bid
on anything.
Dave Cohen

Anyone have anything older ?
rj

Old February 20th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Harrington

"RJ" wrote in message
While digging thru my box of "olde junque"
I came across my first digital camera.
An AGFA-CL18. The user manual printed in 2000.

2meg internal memory. No expansion slot.
Produces 32 .jpg pics No focus, no viewscreen.

I think it cost $38 new.

I put in batterys, and it still takes a useable pic.

What to do with this 6(?) yr old relic ??

Anyone have anything older ?
rj

Yep. I still have my first digital camera, an Agfa ePhoto CL30 which I
bought in 1999. List price was $400 when I bought it, I paid $300 and got a
$60 rebate. What a bargain, eh?

It's one megapixel. A WHOLE MEGAPIXEL! So proud of that was Agfa that
MEGAPIXEL is printed in spaced letters across the entire top of the camera.

How I wish I'd put it up on eBay a few years ago, when it was still worth
something.

Neil

Old February 20th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Little Juice Coupe

Anyone remember:

DYCAM MODEL 1 / Logitech FotoMan - 1990
http://www.digicamhistory.com/1990.html

Ah, the good old days. Ugly, poor quality pictures, but digital none the
less.

ljc

Old February 20th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Justin C

wrote:

While digging thru my box of "olde junque"
I came across my first digital camera.
An AGFA-CL18. The user manual printed in 2000.

2meg internal memory. No expansion slot.
Produces 32 .jpg pics No focus, no viewscreen.

I think it cost $38 new.

I put in batterys, and it still takes a useable pic.

What to do with this 6(?) yr old relic ??

Anyone have anything older ?
rj

I have a 1940s era Russian Zenith, the Soviet version
of the Leica, 35mm reflex.

I've got a Kodak Retina (Mk1 IIRC) that stll works very well. Keep
thinking about sticking it on ebay - got the original manual and
receipt, I'm hoping one day it'll be worth more than 50 quid novelty
value.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old February 20th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

wrote:

While digging thru my box of "olde junque"
I came across my first digital camera.
An AGFA-CL18. The user manual printed in 2000.

2meg internal memory. No expansion slot.
Produces 32 .jpg pics No focus, no viewscreen.

I think it cost $38 new.

I put in batterys, and it still takes a useable pic.

What to do with this 6(?) yr old relic ??

Anyone have anything older ?
rj

I don't have it anymore, but my first digital was an Oly D600-L; I got
it in (IIRC) October of 97 for $800.
1.3MP, used SM.
I had it modded to take 16MB SM cards.
We gave it to our granddaughter, and it got dropped & broken by her
father.
He never replaced it.

--
The Weather Channel reported a
blizzard in Washington D.C.
Old February 20th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Karl Winkler

On Feb 20, 1:47 pm, "Little Juice Coupe" wrote:
Anyone remember:

DYCAM MODEL 1 / Logitech FotoMan - 1990http://www.digicamhistory.com/1990.html

Ah, the good old days. Ugly, poor quality pictures, but digital none the
less.

ljc

That's a cool site!

Back in 1982, I was using some kind of camera that had 282K Pixel
resolution, B&W only, at the University of New Mexico engineering
department. If we wanted color, we took three exposures, each through
a red, green and blue filter, respectively. Obviously, it was only for
fixed subjects and it was set up on a copy stand. We were writing
programs in C to manipulate the image files, doing things like
sharpening, etc. At the time, I was pretty proud of that 0.28 MP!!!

My first digicam purchase was in early 2002 before my daughter was
born: I could see that even a basic camera (this was a 1.3MP Canon)
would be great for sticking photos on the web for relatives, etc.

My oldest camera is an Ica from 1922, originally designed for glass
plates, but I've used it with 9x12cm sheet film.

http://www.karlwinkler.com/Ica.html

-Karl

Old February 28th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

"" wrote:

While digging thru my box of "olde junque"
I came across my first digital camera.
An AGFA-CL18. The user manual printed in 2000.

2meg internal memory. No expansion slot.
Produces 32 .jpg pics No focus, no viewscreen.

I think it cost $38 new.

I put in batterys, and it still takes a useable pic.

What to do with this 6(?) yr old relic ??

Anyone have anything older ?
rj

Hello, RJ:

I purchased my first digicam (Largan "Lmini 350"), late in 2000. Its
specifications, and the price I paid for it, are very similar to your
Agfa CL18.

Incidentally, I still own the Largan; I haven't used it, in nearly five
years. Subsequent Kodak upgrades have rendered it rather obsolete, and
yet, its compact size encouraged me to take the Lmini 350, along with me
(on shopping trips, etc.).

Conversely, my somewhat bigger, more expensive Kodak cameras haven't
traveled, nearly as often.

Cordially,
John Turco