Velvia 50

Old June 20th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Toni Nikkanen

Default Velvia 50

So Velvia 50 hasn't been manufactured for a while due to a required
component being unavailable. And most, if not all, stores have run out
of it in 135 format. However it seems it's still fairly available at
120 format - is this just because 120 format film stock moves slower
or is this version still actually being manufactured? I bought some
rolls last month without noticing the 135 format version was gone -
and now when doing eBay searches, there's a lot of it in 120 format
with reasonable prices, and smaller amounts in 135 format with a
relatively high going price.

Old June 21st 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
ftran999

--

I don't know if your aware, but Fuji is introducing a newer version of
Velvia 50. Probably the best place to check for more info would be

Old June 21st 07, 08:31 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Toni Nikkanen

"ftran999" writes:

I don't know if your aware, but Fuji is introducing a newer version of
Velvia 50. Probably the best place to check for more info would be
apug.org.

I know they are going to introduce a newer Velvia 50 but am not aware
they have done so just yet.. I'll go and check apug.org. (and place an
order for the old stuff in 120 format so I'll at least have it in that
format).
Old June 21st 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Rod Smith

In article ,
Toni Nikkanen writes:

"ftran999" writes:

I don't know if your aware, but Fuji is introducing a newer version of
Velvia 50. Probably the best place to check for more info would be
apug.org.

I know they are going to introduce a newer Velvia 50 but am not aware
they have done so just yet.. I'll go and check apug.org.

Check this thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...ikes-back.html

Apparently the new product is being shipped out in sample quantities and
should be in stores within a month or two, at least in the US (I'm not
sure of European availability). Fuji might send you some samples if you
ask for them.

--
Rod Smith,
http://www.rodsbooks.com
Old June 25th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Toni Nikkanen

I contacted Fuji Finland and they told me Velvia 50 is coming back
between July and August for 135 format and in the beginning of
September for 120 format. Too late for my summer vacation pics,
but I'll manage

Old July 24th 07, 10:04 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Toni Nikkanen

Toni Nikkanen writes:

I contacted Fuji Finland and they told me Velvia 50 is coming back
between July and August for 135 format and in the beginning of
September for 120 format. Too late for my summer vacation pics,
but I'll manage

....and it seems the new Velvia 50 is priced higher than the old one
was, about the same price as the new Velvia 100. Oh well, I'll manage
somehow. I only shoot it during the summer, which is short in Finland
anyway

Old July 24th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
jeremy

Toni Nikkanen writes:

I contacted Fuji Finland and they told me Velvia 50 is coming back
between July and August for 135 format and in the beginning of
September for 120 format. Too late for my summer vacation pics,
but I'll manage

...and it seems the new Velvia 50 is priced higher than the old one
was, about the same price as the new Velvia 100. Oh well, I'll manage
somehow. I only shoot it during the summer, which is short in Finland
anyway

Ken Rockwell has already received his initial supply, in both 120 and 35mm,
and he says on his web site that it is every bit identical to the original
emulsion. The difference seems to be in the base, not the emulsion.

He has some comparison images: when you click the link, scroll down to see
the images:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm

Old July 25th 07, 09:07 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Toni Nikkanen

"jeremy" writes:

Ken Rockwell has already received his initial supply, in both 120 and 35mm,
and he says on his web site that it is every bit identical to the original
emulsion. The difference seems to be in the base, not the emulsion.

Well that's a relief, I am sure. I actually liked the old base, it was
nice and rigid. Dunno about the new one until I get to try some. It's
not that important, anyway, the way it looks is the thing

Did anyone else notice the original Velvia had a tendency to NOT
gather dust as much as other films? Or am I just crazy?

Old July 26th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

In article ,
Toni Nikkanen wrote:

...and it seems the new Velvia 50 is priced higher than the old one
was,

Just be happy that you can get it at all.