Unreadable card

Old December 3rd 05, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Unreadable card

Hey, everyone. Battery died during writing (stupid, I know - wasn't
paying attention). I was already expecting to lose the data, but now
the card is unreadable by the camera or Windows XP using a card reader.
Windows sees it, but won't access or format it. Tried FDisk, Card Wiper
(which gives me write error messages), etc. Both detect the card and
inform it's correct size (1GB), so I'm still hopeful.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Russell

Old December 3rd 05, 06:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Brad escreveu:

Have you tried to format it in the camera?

Yes, it acts as though there is no card.

Old December 3rd 05, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"steele" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey, everyone. Battery died during writing (stupid, I know - wasn't
paying attention). I was already expecting to lose the data, but now
the card is unreadable by the camera or Windows XP using a card reader.
Windows sees it, but won't access or format it. Tried FDisk, Card Wiper
(which gives me write error messages), etc. Both detect the card and
inform it's correct size (1GB), so I'm still hopeful.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Russell

Try a recovery program such as PhotoRescue, this will attempt to read
sectors from the card bypassing the format. This doesn't help as to why you
can't format the card. Sounds like the electronics of the card may have got
hit, although a low battery write shouldn't do that. Some cards have a
lifetime warranty so mfgr may be able to help.
Dave Cohen

Old December 6th 05, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"steele" wrote in news:1133633307.688342.228440
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Brad escreveu:

Have you tried to format it in the camera?

Yes, it acts as though there is no card.

"Do not try and read the card. That's impossible. Instead ... only try to
realize the truth."
"What truth?"
"There is no card."
"There is no card?"
"Then you'll see that it is not the card that reads, it is only yourself."

Misqoute from 'The Matrix". I thought it somewhat appropriate. (c:

RobG