iPhone images to television?

Old December 15th 20, 11:40 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
dale

Default iPhone images to television?

On 12/15/2020 7:33 AM, RJH wrote:
On 15 Dec 2020 at 12:31:59 GMT, "dale" wrote:

On 12/15/2020 3:34 AM, Chris wrote:
dale wrote:
Is there any way to display my iPhone images on my television?

still and motion?

my television has an HDMI port and a coaxial port

I have a Roku device, an Amazon Fire stick, and a Sony blu-ray that is
also a smart tv device.

What's your TV?

Phillips

Model number? To help, I'd need to know what features the TV has.

its not a smart device, I have three that are connected by an HDMI splitter

we got it at a thrift store for $40

it is HD and is rather large, but there is a narrow vertical band on the
screen

I guess it is LED

--
Minister Dale Kelly, Ph.D.
https://www.dalekelly.org/
Old December 16th 20, 02:19 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 2020-12-15 02:11:56 +0000, dale said:

Is there any way to display my iPhone images on my television?

still and motion?

my television has an HDMI port and a coaxial port

I have a Roku device, an Amazon Fire stick, and a Sony blu-ray that is
also a smart tv device.

Depends on how "smart" those Smart devices are.

The easiest way is via an Apple TV set-top box, but that's not on your
list of devices.

If any of them support AirPlay you can stream videos and mirror the
iPhone's display to a TV (the TV itself or via a set-top box):

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device's screen
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289

If the smart TV / set-top box uses Android, then there's probably an app
(some free, some pay-for) you can install on both devices to get them
talking to each other. For example:

Best Ways to Mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV
https://letsview.com/mirror-iphone-to-tv-without-apple-tv.html

Depending on the make and model of smart TV / set-top box, there may be
an app for it even if it isn't running Android.

Or you can use a Lightning Digital AV Adapter plugged into the iPhone
along with a normal HDMI cable. See option 1 at:

How to connect your iPhone to your TV
https://www.allconnect.com/blog/how-to-connect-your-iphone-to-your-tv

It's doubtful, but some TV's (smart or otherwise) *may* also work if you
plug the iPhone in directly using a Lightning - USB adaptor.

I have a USB-C to HDMI adaptor cable that works fine - simply plug it in
at either end and Bob's your uncle.

Surely there is an Apple equivalent ?

geoff
Old December 16th 20, 02:20 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 16/12/2020 3:38 am, Lewis wrote:
In message nospam wrote:
In article , Your Name
wrote:

Depends on how "smart" those Smart devices are.

no it doesn't.

The easiest way is via an Apple TV set-top box, but that's not on your
list of devices.

nope. the easiest way is an hdmi cable, and his list of devices *did*
include an airplay compatible device.

Depends on the model of Roku. Not all of them get updated to support
Airplay 2.

WTF is a Roku ?

geoff
Old December 16th 20, 02:22 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 16/12/2020 2:18 am, nospam wrote:
In article , RJH
wrote:

What's your TV?

Phillips

Model number? To help, I'd need to know what features the TV has.

that doesn't matter.

It does if is a 15 CF 5211/19B

geoff
Old December 16th 20, 02:39 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , geoff
wrote:

I have a USB-C to HDMI adaptor cable that works fine - simply plug it in
at either end and Bob's your uncle.

Surely there is an Apple equivalent ?

that adapter should work fine with ipads that have usb-c.

iphones have lightning, therefore a lightning-hdmi adapter is needed.
Old December 16th 20, 02:39 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , geoff
wrote:

What's your TV?

Phillips

Model number? To help, I'd need to know what features the TV has.

that doesn't matter.

It does if is a 15 CF 5211/19B

no it doesn't.

he said his tv has hdmi, so all that's needed is a suitable hdmi
adapter to connect via an hdmi cable, or for wireless, an apple tv or
roku, both of which connect to the tv's hdmi port and wirelessly to a
phone, tablet or computer (plus a ****load of other features).

he also said he has a firestick, which requires an app, although that
probably will not work particularly well.
Old December 16th 20, 02:39 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , geoff
wrote:

WTF is a Roku ?

https://www.roku.com
Old December 16th 20, 02:51 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Lewis

In message geoff wrote:
On 16/12/2020 3:38 am, Lewis wrote:
In message nospam wrote:
In article , Your Name
wrote:

Depends on how "smart" those Smart devices are.

no it doesn't.

The easiest way is via an Apple TV set-top box, but that's not on your
list of devices.

nope. the easiest way is an hdmi cable, and his list of devices *did*
include an airplay compatible device.

Depends on the model of Roku. Not all of them get updated to support
Airplay 2.

WTF is a Roku ?

It's very similar to a Google.

--
24 hour banking? I don't have time for that.
Old December 16th 20, 03:48 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Ant[_2_]

On 2020-12-15, dale wrote:
Is there any way to display my iPhone images on my television?

still and motion?

my television has an HDMI port and a coaxial port

I have a Roku device, an Amazon Fire stick, and a Sony blu-ray that is
also a smart tv device.

AirPlay support is what you want:

https://www.apple.com/airplay/

Apparently Roku has support:

https://newsroom.roku.com/news/2020/11/apple-airplay-2-and-homekit-support-now-available-on-select/opznb23p-1605107875#!

I wonder if 28" TCL Class 3-Series Simply Smart LED (28S305), with its Roku (smart), has it. I don't think it
does since I didn't see it in the manual and screens.

--
Life's so loco! ..!.. *isms, sins, hates, (d)evil, z, tiredness, my old body, (sick/ill)ness (e.g., COVID-19 & SARS-CoV-2), deaths (RIP), interruptions, issues, conflicts, obstacles, stresses, fires, out(r)ages, dramas, unlucky #4, 2020, greeds, bugs (e.g., crashes & female mosquitoes), etc. D: Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
| |o o| |
Old December 16th 20, 07:47 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
SMS

snip

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MCXDG73/