Canon 5D4

Old August 26th 16, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Canon 5D4

In article , Davoud
wrote:

Davoud:
I hope the got the GPS right. In my 6D the GPS is always on, always
draining the battery, even when the camera is powered off. If I want to
use GPS I have to remove the battery between uses.

Wally:
You could also turn GPS off in the menu.

Right. But then you're not using the GPS, are you? Too much trouble.
GPS useless. Turn it off and leave it off. It needs to turn off when
the camera powers off. Fortunately, Lightroom takes care of the
problem.

Lightroom controls the GPS receiver on your camera???
--
teleportation kills
Old August 26th 16, 05:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-08-26 15:30:48 +0000, android said:

In article , Davoud
wrote:

Davoud:
I hope the got the GPS right. In my 6D the GPS is always on, always
draining the battery, even when the camera is powered off. If I want to
use GPS I have to remove the battery between uses.

Wally:
You could also turn GPS off in the menu.

Right. But then you're not using the GPS, are you? Too much trouble.
GPS useless. Turn it off and leave it off. It needs to turn off when
the camera powers off. Fortunately, Lightroom takes care of the
problem.

Lightroom controls the GPS receiver on your camera???

If for some reason, (heavy overhead tree coverage, indoors, concete
canyon, or no GPS at all), Lightroom can give you the capabiliy of
adding GPS/GEO tags to your metadata by dragging image thumbnails from
the LR "filmstrip" to a known location using the LR map module. If they
images have been successfully GEO tagged in camera they will show up in
the appropriate location. These were tagged using the Fuji Remote Cam
app
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_247.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_248.jpg

....and these were GEO tagged using the D300S + the GP-1
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_250.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_250.jpg

Savageduck

Old August 26th 16, 05:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-08-26 15:30:48 +0000, android said:

In article , Davoud
wrote:

[...]

Sorry! I gave you duplicate links there.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_249.jpg

Savageduck

Old August 26th 16, 05:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2016-08-26 15:30:48 +0000, android said:

In article , Davoud
wrote:

[...]

But it doesn't turn the GPS on or off in his camera does it? However, it
seems like Davoud have decided to turn it off rather than taking the
batteries out... This software feature must be new to him! :-))
--
teleportation kills
Old August 26th 16, 05:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2016-08-26 16:18:58 +0000, Savageduck

On 2016-08-26 15:30:48 +0000, android said:

In article , Davoud
wrote:

[...]

Sorry, but I didn't look. I understand that software can geotag files.
As said: I sync from .gpx files or tag from stored data.
--
teleportation kills
Old August 26th 16, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wally

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 09:43:32 -0400, Davoud wrote:

Davoud:
I hope the got the GPS right. In my 6D the GPS is always on, always
draining the battery, even when the camera is powered off. If I want to
use GPS I have to remove the battery between uses.

Wally:
You could also turn GPS off in the menu.

Right. But then you're not using the GPS, are you? Too much trouble.
GPS useless. Turn it off and leave it off. It needs to turn off when
the camera powers off. Fortunately, Lightroom takes care of the
problem.

I agree it would be better if GPS turned off with the camera. But it
doesn't.

So turn it off in the menu. It is an extra step, but actually easy to
do. Try it sometime and I think you will agree.

---

Old August 27th 16, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:05:55 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

get one this and people will be able to tell the difference.

https://www.engadget.com/2010/02/14/...es-pink-for-va
len
tines-day-naturally/

Are the still available?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOXED-PE...GITAL-CAMERA-O
NLY-BODY-PINK-/272237631240

'course the are... And the comes in silly red for the 'season too!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-K-30-...-Digital-SLR-C
amera-with-DA-18-55mm-AL-Lens/322060021325?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_
trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26 asc%3D38618%26meid%3D2a
956010ed51408a8ffd99979858b282%26pid%3D100623%26rk %3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D2
72237631240

Doesn't work.

http://tinyurl.com/hyagx5q

Still doesn't work.

no need for tinyurl. snip the tracking info past (and including) the ?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-K-30-...ital-SLR-XCame
ra-with-DA-18-55mm-AL-Lens/322060021325

Continues to not work - for the exactly the same reason:

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please
try again later."

or snip the description too and use just the item number:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322060021325

Still the same.

Ho hum.

the problem is at your end or with ebay.

Yes.

But it now works.

Eric Stevens
Old August 28th 16, 05:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Wally wrote:

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 09:43:32 -0400, Davoud wrote:

Davoud:
I hope the got the GPS right. In my 6D the GPS is always on, always
draining the battery, even when the camera is powered off. If I want to
use GPS I have to remove the battery between uses.

Wally:
You could also turn GPS off in the menu.

Right. But then you're not using the GPS, are you? Too much trouble.
GPS useless. Turn it off and leave it off. It needs to turn off when
the camera powers off. Fortunately, Lightroom takes care of the
problem.

I agree it would be better if GPS turned off with the camera. But it
doesn't.

So turn it off in the menu. It is an extra step, but actually easy to
do. Try it sometime and I think you will agree.

My "M" has a "star" menu there you can make a hotlist. If the 6D have
one then I would put the GPS on/off there...
--
teleportation kills