Dpreview apparently declares Nikon's forlorn System 1 DEAD!(Mercy killing?)

Old August 22nd 16, 11:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Dpreview apparently declares Nikon's forlorn System 1 DEAD!(Mercy killing?)

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 10:02:06 +0100, David Taylor
wrote in
:

On 22/08/2016 06:46, android wrote:
[]
I also think that they are waiting in vain since any sensor smaller
than halfframe (APS-C) is silly for serious photography.

Have you actually used any recent micro four thirds kit?

Why??? Bigger is better!

They said that full-frame 35 mm was too small for serious photography
too, once.

My Zeiss Nettar (6x6) produced some really nice negs. Those are
mysteriously lost unfortunately... :-P

--
teleportation kills
Old August 22nd 16, 03:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 22/08/2016 11:28, android wrote:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 10:02:06 +0100, David Taylor
wrote in
:

On 22/08/2016 06:46, android wrote:
[]
I also think that they are waiting in vain since any sensor smaller
than halfframe (APS-C) is silly for serious photography.

Have you actually used any recent micro four thirds kit?

Why??? Bigger is better!

They said that full-frame 35 mm was too small for serious photography
too, once.

My Zeiss Nettar (6x6) produced some really nice negs. Those are
mysteriously lost unfortunately... :-P

You should try one of the MFT cameras and see whether they meet your
needs. I've used cameras from 2 1/4 square down to MFT and find that
MFT meets my needs for "serious" photography, but of course it may not
meet yours. Actually, the smartphone camera is good enough for me for
many purposes, when actually having the camera to hand is more important
than the last step in image quality.

--
Cheers,
David
Old August 22nd 16, 03:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:02:27 +0100, David Taylor
wrote in
:

[...]

Oki... No way! The M with the 22/2.0 and OVF would fit nicely in a ladies
purse. If I need to bring a camera then it's ready to go. Never again
will I pay for a system with smaller sensor than halfframe.

I agree with you on the Phonycams (TM) though. They are the Pocket
Instamatics of today...

--
teleportation kills
Old August 22nd 16, 03:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

I also think that they are waiting in vain since any sensor smaller
than halfframe (APS-C) is silly for serious photography.

Have you actually used any recent micro four thirds kit?

Why??? Bigger is better!

They said that full-frame 35 mm was too small for serious photography
too, once.

My Zeiss Nettar (6x6) produced some really nice negs. Those are
mysteriously lost unfortunately... :-P

You should try one of the MFT cameras and see whether they meet your
needs. I've used cameras from 2 1/4 square down to MFT and find that
MFT meets my needs for "serious" photography, but of course it may not
meet yours. Actually, the smartphone camera is good enough for me for
many purposes, when actually having the camera to hand is more important
than the last step in image quality.

somehow i highly doubt you used a 2 1/4 medium format digital camera or
even a digital full frame slr.

do not confuse film cameras with digital.
Old August 22nd 16, 03:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

I also think that they are waiting in vain since any sensor smaller than
halfframe (APS-C) is silly for serious photography.

Have you actually used any recent micro four thirds kit?

They said that full-frame 35 mm was too small for serious photography
too, once.

not for digital, they didn't.
Old August 22nd 16, 03:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2016-08-22 01:25:40 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/21/2016 8:08 PM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

Anything is possible. Now that I have adopted the Fuji X-series, along
with four useful Fuji XF lenses I am eyeing the X-T2, and at least two
to three more XF lenses. If I ever buy another Nikon it is most likley
to be a D500 or one of its descendants.

I have friends with the Fuji X series who are absolutely delighted.
Another fellow CC member uses the Sony series, and was as excited as
a teen aged virgin with his first topless date, when Sony announced
the latest converter for Nikon lenses.

Just as there are X-mount converters for Nikon, Conon, and "M" lenses.

Meanwhile i am really happy with my 500 & 800 combinations. I just
wonder why they didn't use the CF card for the D500/

I guess the reason for SD rather than CF is, they have been able to
achieve equal or better performance out of modern SD cards to that
provided by CF cards. Add to that the bonus of being able to design a
more compact 2 slot memory port.

It uses an a XQD pus and an SD. Nikonw slams it provides much faster
processing.

--
PeterN
Old August 22nd 16, 03:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 10:39:09 -0400, PeterN wrote
in :

On 2016-08-22 01:25:40 +0000, PeterN said:

[...]

CF is leaving in favor for CFast and XQD and that's not a bad thing IMHO.

--
teleportation kills