50D and 5D II Whitepaper Released

Old December 18th 08, 11:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Allen Smithee

Default 50D and 5D II Whitepaper Released

For anyone who's interested, the 50D and 5D II white paper has now been
released.
http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedima...%20II%20WP.pdf

Old December 18th 08, 12:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

"Allen Smithee" wrote in message
For anyone who's interested, the 50D and 5D II white paper has now been
released.
http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedima...%20II%20WP.pdf

Thanks Allen!
However, Canon wrote this paper...
While it is very informative, I must admit the paper cannot be judged
objective.
Mind you, I'm waiting for my MkII with kit lens to be delivered, hopefully
before Xmas...
Marcel

Old December 18th 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Allen Smithee

"Celcius" wrote in message

For anyone who's interested, the 50D and 5D II white paper has now been
released.
http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedima...%20II%20WP.pdf

Thanks Allen!
However, Canon wrote this paper...
While it is very informative, I must admit the paper cannot be judged
objective.

Absolutely. Canon white papers are afterall brochures with a bit more tech
info than you would expect in a normal sales brochure. Most serious people
will already know all they need to know by now anyway, but still worth a
read though.

Old December 19th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA[_3_]

"Allen Smithee" wrote in message
For anyone who's interested, the 50D and 5D II white paper has now been
released.
http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedima...%20II%20WP.pdf

Canon pulled the file because it failed to mention the "black dot" feature.

Old December 19th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

RichA wrote:
"Allen Smithee" wrote in message

For anyone who's interested, the 50D and 5D II white paper has now been
released.
http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedima...%20II%20WP.pdf

Canon pulled the file because it failed to mention the "black dot" feature.

Sour grapes.

The file is still there.

--
Ray Fischer

Old December 19th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA[_3_]

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
RichA wrote:
"Allen Smithee" wrote in message

For anyone who's interested, the 50D and 5D II white paper has now been
released.
http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedima...%20II%20WP.pdf

Canon pulled the file because it failed to mention the "black dot"
feature.

Sour grapes.

The file is still there.

Yes, you are right, it did load the second time I tried it. Having read it,
I'm wondering if the gapless microlenses might be the reason for the black
dots adjacent point and non-point areas of saturation? They seem to be
implying that the actual pixel sensing area on the new cameras is larger,
despite the smaller size of the pixels in the case of the 5D II versus the
5D. It's possible that using the entire or nearly all the microlens surface
area for imaging was a mistake as unforseen aberrations have possibly
cropped up.

Old December 20th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

RichA wrote:
"Allen Smithee" wrote in message

For anyone who's interested, the 50D and 5D II white paper has now been
released.
http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedima...%20II%20WP.pdf

Canon pulled the file because it failed to mention the "black dot"
feature.

Sour grapes.

The file is still there.

Yes, you are right, it did load the second time I tried it. Having read it,
I'm wondering if the gapless microlenses might be the reason for the black

Sour grapes.

As usual you're just grasping at some reason to whine about Canon.

--
Ray Fischer

Old December 22nd 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA[_3_]

RichA wrote:
"Allen Smithee" wrote in message

For anyone who's interested, the 50D and 5D II white paper has now
been
released.
http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedima...%20II%20WP.pdf

Canon pulled the file because it failed to mention the "black dot"
feature.

Sour grapes.

The file is still there.

Yes, you are right, it did load the second time I tried it. Having read
it,
I'm wondering if the gapless microlenses might be the reason for the black

Sour grapes.

As usual you're just grasping at some reason to whine about Canon.

Good thing there IS something to whine about, as usual, with Canon.

Old December 22nd 08, 06:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

RichA wrote:
"Allen Smithee" wrote in message

For anyone who's interested, the 50D and 5D II white paper has now
been
released.
http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedima...%20II%20WP.pdf

Canon pulled the file because it failed to mention the "black dot"
feature.

Sour grapes.

The file is still there.

Yes, you are right, it did load the second time I tried it. Having read
it,
I'm wondering if the gapless microlenses might be the reason for the black

Sour grapes.

As usual you're just grasping at some reason to whine about Canon.

Good thing there IS something to whine about, as usual, with Canon.

There's something to whine about with nearly every camera made. So
what? You're an anti-Canon bigot and so you exaggerate issues with
Canon cameras and minimize problems with other cameras.

--
Ray Fischer