Orthodox Jews Selling Consumer Electronics

Old February 17th 07, 03:40 PM posted to soc.culture.jewish,nyc.general,rec.photo.digital
Prisoner at War

Default Orthodox Jews Selling Consumer Electronics

On Feb 15, 2:55 pm, Pat O'Connell wrote:

Some storefronts are in Manhattan (42nd St. Photo for instance), but
warehouses are in Brooklyn. I'll guess this is because property (or
rent) is cheaper.

Very astute hunch -- rent is indeed much cheaper, which is why
starving artists have lofts in Williamsburg, etc. (though those cheap
rents are going fast since there are plans to really develop Queens,
since Manhattan is...well, you know -- Manhattan).

The retailers are probably in New York City because
that's where many ships offload their cargo, including electronics. Some
stores that sell electronics are located in Caliifornia (cargo ports
again), or in the Midwest (central location, cheaper shipping to
customers). I remember buying an astronomy accessory from J&R that was
shipped from Brooklyn. Parcel post to Albuquerque took about 5 days.

Heh, how 'bout them Pony Express riders, eh? Didn't know they were
Jewish...I thought the only Jewish cowboy was Mel Brooks!

I know nothing about the ethnicity/religion of camera dealers in
general, except that the clerks at Albuquerque camera stores are a mix
of ethnicities. Probably a lot of Jewish store owners in NYC because
there's a lot of Jewish people in NYC.

But what I'm getting at is that this is outside of NYC proper -- on
the Net, where search engines pull up these places that all turn out
to be based around here (damned state sales taxes!!! Though I feel so
much better about paying them now that the seriously reform-minded
Spitzer is in office) and closed on the Sabbath.

--
Pat O'Connell
[note munged EMail address]

Old February 17th 07, 11:15 PM posted to nyc.general,rec.photo.digital,soc.culture.jewish
[email protected]

*+-They JUST got into the camera business? Thirty-three years ago I remember
*+-you couldn't buy a camera anywhere in New York City on a Saturday . . .

The German Protestant behind Leica (Ernst Leitz) sent his Jewish
employes to New York, each with an expensive camera on his neck, and
the NY office placed them not only in their business but in
competitors and in independent camera stores. This is developing into
another "Schindler's List" story after research by Rabbi Frank Smith.

- = -
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]
Old February 17th 07, 11:20 PM posted to soc.culture.jewish,nyc.general,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

In t by babaloo
on Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:50:03 -0800 we perused:
*+-It all begins with the international banking conspiracy . . .

Not to mention squirrels:

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:01:15 -0700 (PDT)

Govt men in black are breeding superaggressive black Bronx squirrels
originally to control pidgeons and rodents but now to control poverty
births. Muffled black AWACS helos drop them into homes and babies disappear
to Nellis AFB, Groom Lake, NV. These squirrels have eight instead of the
usual four (A,G,C,T) DNA base pairs, because the UFO-derived bases of
hazinine, vudanine, quikunine and shugimine are included. UFOs also passed
on their W and Z heterogametic chromosomes to snakes, birds and moths.
Translucent blue-skinned, pointed-ear, subterranean reptile-human-hybrid
aliens (aka subters), whose white-hair-covered elders are mistaken for
sashquatch, also have these eight base pairs, and it was by experimenting
with them that the squirrels were developed. These subterraneans were bred
by the reptoids from fallen blues, from which commonly known as angels or
fairies. The fallen blues were sent to help humans ascend to a higher plane
but instead conspired with the reptoids and became what we commonly think of
as demons and witches. These subterraneans have a complex underground world
of tunnels which connect them to major secret underground archives of many
powerful organisations. Their central offices are in fact hidden unerneath
Vatican Hill and connect to the Vatican archives, where cloaked aliens are
mistaken for apparitions of dead popes. The pyramids of Egypt have long been
laboratories where they experiment on humans. The aliens thusly manipulate
Vatican, White House and Kremlin archives to control world events. Their
peculiar-shaped single eye, surrounded with pyramid-like horn-bone structure
has served as the symbol for the masonic and illuminatist movements, whose
highest-ranking members attend the councils of the subterranean masters. The
horn-bone is also the basis of the unicorn myth. They had also fooled the
Jewish people into thinking they were a tribe, and so actually form the
mythical "lost tribe" of Israel, as well as the supposed lost continent of
Atlantis. Petroleum is actually synthetically produced from their sewage and
they pipe it into reserviors we mistakenly call oilfields, and by
manipulating the appearance of oil, they further control world events by
sending oil mostly to Islamic countries succeptible to subterranean-inspired
superstitions - The famous meteor of Muhammad was actually fired by the
reptoids to help the subterraneans do so. Common UFO drones are greys which
were bred to serve the reptoids, and some have been bred for earth and
disguised as some, but not all, monkeys. The monkeys which spread AIDS to
humanity were actually greys, as were the Ashanti who sold African slaves to
the West. The fallen blues fought a nuclear war with the reptoids on earth
which led to the extinction of reptoid-derived dinosaurs, allowing humanoids
to first settle the earth. The time-travelling Pleiadians are the source of
Judeao-Christian deity, and the Haryapans (commonly called "Aryans" and after
whom Harappa was named) are the source of Hindu-Graeco-Nordic deity.
Humanoids from Sirius are the combined source of the Mongolian, Shinto and
AmerIndian deities, and those from Vega are the source of African animist
deities.

- = -
Old February 17th 07, 11:22 PM posted to misc.consumers,soc.culture.jewish,nyc.general,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

When I went to high school in Flushing, there was a J&R in Flushing, which
later became "The Wiz" (now "Joe's Best Burger"). What happened? Was The Wiz
a spinoff from J&R. Or did they use the proceeds from dumping their retail
stores to build up their downtown store?

- = -
Old February 17th 07, 11:25 PM posted to misc.consumers,soc.culture.jewish,nyc.general,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

FSSP was terrific. Not only excellent prices, but they knew their
stuff and their service was incredibly good. I think they got demolished
by the Clinton-Walmart-China scam.

- = -
Old February 17th 07, 11:35 PM posted to soc.culture.jewish,nyc.general,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

*+-warehouses are in Brooklyn. I'll guess this is because property (or

Williamburg is becoming upscale now. It's close enough to Manhattan that it's
becoming an "extension" of Manhattan, like Brooklyn Hts, JC and LIC.

A classmate's gramps founded the top Canal St parts store.
My friend moved it to the net and out to Jersey.

Still, at one time Koreans and ex-soviet Jews were
assembling PCs in Brooklyn at rates that competed with Asia.

Before WW2 half of all SIC codes were represented in NYC.

- = -
Old February 18th 07, 12:55 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.culture.jewish,nyc.general,rec.photo.digital
jerryl

wrote in message
When I went to high school in Flushing, there was a J&R in Flushing,
which
later became "The Wiz" (now "Joe's Best Burger"). What happened? Was The
Wiz
a spinoff from J&R. Or did they use the proceeds from dumping their
retail
stores to build up their downtown store?

The Wiz was originally owned by a fellow by the name of Lawrence. His father
started in a little store and Lawrence built it up to what it was and then
he sold it to the Dolans who own Cablevision.

Old February 18th 07, 02:51 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.culture.jewish,nyc.general,rec.photo.digital
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"jerryl" wrote in message
.. .

wrote in message
When I went to high school in Flushing, there was a J&R in Flushing,
which
later became "The Wiz" (now "Joe's Best Burger"). What happened? Was The
Wiz
a spinoff from J&R. Or did they use the proceeds from dumping their
retail
stores to build up their downtown store?

The Wiz was originally owned by a fellow by the name of Lawrence. His
father started in a little store and Lawrence built it up to what it was
and then he sold it to the Dolans who own Cablevision.

They sure did wonders for that chain didn't they? I think the only thing
they wanted from it was an outlet to sell their cable internet service.

Old February 18th 07, 02:58 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.culture.jewish,nyc.general,rec.photo.digital
jerryl

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" wrote in message
"jerryl" wrote in message
.. .

wrote in message
When I went to high school in Flushing, there was a J&R in Flushing,
which
later became "The Wiz" (now "Joe's Best Burger"). What happened? Was
The Wiz
a spinoff from J&R. Or did they use the proceeds from dumping their
retail
stores to build up their downtown store?

The Wiz was originally owned by a fellow by the name of Lawrence. His
father started in a little store and Lawrence built it up to what it was
and then he sold it to the Dolans who own Cablevision.

They sure did wonders for that chain didn't they? I think the only thing
they wanted from it was an outlet to sell their cable internet service.

Exactly. I use to sell to Lawrence, owner of the Wiz. He was a dedicated
merchant in a very, very competitive market.
You were right about the Dolans. They used it to promote their cable system
but knew nothing of the electronics business. They milked it and ran it into
the ground. The Dolans went on to buy Madison Square Garden among other
things.

Old February 18th 07, 03:20 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.culture.jewish,nyc.general,rec.photo.digital
Bill

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:
"jerryl" wrote in message
.. .
The Wiz was originally owned by a fellow by the name of Lawrence. His
father started in a little store and Lawrence built it up to what it was
and then he sold it to the Dolans who own Cablevision.

They sure did wonders for that chain didn't they? I think the only thing
they wanted from it was an outlet to sell their cable internet service.

When Cablevision bought The Wiz, the chain was already in bankruptcy.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...39/ai_68709698

Bill