Screwed by Canon Rebate

Old December 31st 06, 06:47 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
M Berger

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

I think you jumped into the middle here. We were talking
about CREDIT CARD companies making it difficult to opt out
of mailings. We were not talking about rebate processors
doing that. Stop tilting at windmills!

Bill wrote:
Frank wrote:
Bill wrote:

M Berger wrote:

As you know, they use the information for sales solicitations so they
can make more money. See #1 above. Of course they don't want to make
it easy for you to keep them from doing it.

Once again, except for isolated cases, there is no evidence that
this is done.

Bill

You gotta be kidding! You got it backwards. The reason you opt out is so
that your private info is not sold to the marketing companies otherwise
when you sign up for their services you agree to allow the info to be sold.
Next time read the fine print as almost every time you sign up for a
service you have to call/write and request to opt out of your personal
info being sold to all marketing companies.
It's just another way for companies to make money off you by selling
your personal information you had to give to them in order to get their
services.
Frank

Let me repeat again what I have already said in this thread. I
do a LOT of rebates. Except for one company (Peachtree), I do
not get any obvious mail/email as a result of my rebate
submissions. Others have confirmed this in earlier threads.
Unless you can prove otherwise FROM YOUR OWN PERSONAL
EXPERIENCE, please stop making claims that cannot be
substantiated.

Bill

Old December 31st 06, 11:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Bill

M Berger wrote:

I think you jumped into the middle here. We were talking
about CREDIT CARD companies making it difficult to opt out
of mailings. We were not talking about rebate processors
doing that. Stop tilting at windmills!

That appeared to be an isolated rant as part of an overall reply
about rebates.

If you want to discuss something else, go start another thread
(or at least change the title of your post).

Bill
Old January 28th 07, 09:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
David Combs

In article ,
Bill wrote:
Buck Turgidson wrote:

Reading this thread raised my blood pressure. I have always suspected
rebates were a scam, and our Federal agencies don't seem to have much
interest in protecting us.

Not to start a political discussion, but why is our goverment for business
and not the people?

There are a couple of companies in California who are known to
be rebate scammers (6+ months to pay, don't pay until you go
after them). They've done it for years, and to the best of my
knowledge no government agency has attempted to go after them.
And I don't think that the Virginia AG has gone after Circuit
City for some of their shady practices, despite a large number
of complaints. That's a real shame.

Bill

Maybe.

But I bet that one thing they *are* is "good citizens",
in that they contribute lots of money to political parties,
thus helping to preserve the democracy they love so much.

David

Old January 29th 07, 09:05 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
measekite

David Combs wrote:
In article ,
Bill wrote:

Buck Turgidson wrote:

[...]

While our democracy does have problems in many areas and on many
occassions we have the best system in the world.

Thank God for our founding fathers.

While because of our great country we have a bunch of relabelers who
love screwing the idiots who love being screwed. Now that is a match
made in heaven.

Old January 29th 07, 11:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Frank

David Combs wrote:
In article ,
Bill wrote:

[...]