Woman confuses cameras with machine guns and calls the police

Old March 7th 21, 06:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Woman confuses cameras with machine guns and calls the police

(German only, but you could use Google translate):

https://www.n-tv.de/der_tag/Frau-hae...ruestung-fuer-
Maschinengewehr-Grosseinsatz-am-Flughafen-article22408522.html

Happened yesterday near Frankfurt airport and the result was a
major police operation.
The photographers were plane spotters. The police said that some
of their lenses "were very long".
Perhaps they were using full frame cameras, where tele lenses
can sometimes be really big.

--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site
Old March 17th 21, 03:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 07/03/2021 17:57, Alfred Molon wrote:
(German only, but you could use Google translate):

https://www.n-tv.de/der_tag/Frau-hae...ruestung-fuer-
Maschinengewehr-Grosseinsatz-am-Flughafen-article22408522.html

Happened yesterday near Frankfurt airport and the result was a
major police operation.
The photographers were plane spotters. The police said that some
of their lenses "were very long".
Perhaps they were using full frame cameras, where tele lenses
can sometimes be really big.

As Dave says, easy mistake. Back in the distant past (Vietnam war?)
there was a press photographer whose final photograph shows the soldier
with a rifle who not unreasonably mistook him for a sniper.
Old March 17th 21, 05:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ramsman

On 17/03/2021 15:08, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 14:58:29 UTC, newshound wrote:
On 07/03/2021 17:57, Alfred Molon wrote:
(German only, but you could use Google translate):

https://www.n-tv.de/der_tag/Frau-hae...ruestung-fuer-
Maschinengewehr-Grosseinsatz-am-Flughafen-article22408522.html

Happened yesterday near Frankfurt airport and the result was a
major police operation.
The photographers were plane spotters. The police said that some
of their lenses "were very long".
Perhaps they were using full frame cameras, where tele lenses
can sometimes be really big.

As Dave says, easy mistake. Back in the distant past (Vietnam war?)
there was a press photographer whose final photograph shows the soldier
with a rifle who not unreasonably mistook him for a sniper.

In the mid 70s I bought a rifle grip for when using my 400mm f6.3 lens,
I also used it for closeups as I could mount 2 flashguns on it.

I still use a rifle grip with my EOS 7D and Sigma 50-500 at air shows.
It originally had a mechanical shutter release which was used with a
Pentax ME Super. I modified it to have an electrical release and also
extended it to fit my arm more comfortably as I'm somewhat taller then
average.

--
Peter

Guns for Cameras: Toronto Police & Henrys U*U[_2_] Digital Photography 7 October 26th 08 10:47 PM
Flash guns clickey Digital Photography 5 September 6th 08 02:04 PM
Samsung gx1-L & flash guns??? Me Digital SLR Cameras 1 December 28th 06 11:46 AM
FA: lots of specialized cables for lenses, cameras, machine vision, etc. Gene Larson General Equipment For Sale 0 August 30th 03 10:41 PM