$500 reward for identity of image thief

Old March 28th 06, 11:15 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default $500 reward for identity of image thief

A CASH REWARD IS OFFERED for information leading to the identity of an
Internet thief, proven liar and stalker.

A person posting with the credentials of:

and

Is engaged in theft of my photographs of my web site and defamation of
me and my family. He has conducted a 2 year long campaign against me of
lies, defamation and threats. I am now committed to pursuing and
silencing him through the court system, regardless of the cost.

My name is Douglas MacDonald.
I run a number of web sites the most significant is photosbydouglas.com
and canvasphotos.com.au I am a law abiding Australian business person
with deep involvement community activities. I pay my taxes, register
with all necessary Government departments and provide a legal and valid
warranty and refund procedure in my business activities.

No one should have to contend with lies and defamatory statements from
anyone when they run a legitimate business. I've had enough of this and
now intend to silence him legally.

I offer now a NO-QUESTIONS-ASKED $500 AUD cash reward for information of
the real identity and residential address of the person using these
identities.

The money will be paid by my lawyers at Eagle Street Brisbane on
successful service of summonses on this person. The payment will be cash
and you do not need to identify yourself, just wait until your
information is verified and the court papers served, to be paid.
Old March 29th 06, 02:39 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"D-Mac" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=ma...es&sa=N&tab=iw

optusnet.com.au

Queensland

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...Search& meta=

Old March 29th 06, 03:40 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Mal wrote:
"D-Mac" wrote in message

[...]

So which is he? Faculty of law student (no) or;
Rugby League player (no too).

I doubt this fellow is even using his real name because when he was
posting glowing reviews about his (then) new car, he gave his location
as Port Lincoln in South Australia. This is a (relatively) small town
and I phoned every "Stevens" (Which was the name he used at that time)on
the Electoral roll and none had any knowledge of a Chrlz or Charles
Stevens who owned a daiwoo motor car.

The youth and employment centre he started stalking me from has no
knowledge of anyone by his name although they did give up some
information about the work station being used at the time.

Last year he moved to Brisbane claiming he was associated with the
Elders of The Aboriginal communities within close range of Cleveland
after I produced my commercial permits for restricted areas. He had
posted messages that I was a liar and didn't have them. There was also
mention of my access to tribal lands. That's when he said he was closely
associated with the community which it seems now was just another
figment of his imagination because no one in the community know him by
those names.

No Elder at Logan, Darra or Ipswich confessed to any knowledge of anyone
arriving from South Australia in a green Daiwoo motor car or anyone
arriving from Port Lincoln in the recent past.

He has been very careful to conceal his name and address while posting
totally false lies and defamation with relatively believable names. The
cost of a discovery warrant against Optus is a lot more than $500 and
they are know to be totally uncooperative in these matters but if no one
comes up with any real information soon, I'll pay that and whatever else
it costs to track the swine down.
Old March 29th 06, 06:51 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 02:40:59 +0000, D-Mac proclaimed:

Mal wrote:

snip

[...]

Just be careful you're not being misled right from the start.

If this person has an axe to grind with you /and/ they have half a brain,
combined with a basic understanding of how the internet works, they would
have set up a misleading identity, with what appears to be very
convincing tid-bits of information scattered here and there all over
the net that'll throw you way off their scent.

Despite what many people think, it's very possible to be literally
untraceable on the net these days (especially these days)regardless of
how much money, determination and legal backing you might have at your
disposal.
And until there is an entirely new version of the Internet
itself (which will happen eventually due to the current version being
uncontrollable - and big business/govt don't like that) it will remain
that way.

Of course, there's no accounting for carelessness or stupidity, and maybe
your nemesis fits one or both of these categories?

At this stage I don't know if you really have a legitimate complaint...
no offence, its just that I really don't know you or know exactly what
this other person has done to you - but what other info do you have on
this person - what names have they been posting under, any significant
posts made, etc?
I might find the time to have a sniff around and maybe I'll spot something
significant... My own interest in this is partially curiosity and partly
that I simply enjoy these kind of exercises. I or somebody else might just
come across some crucial info for you... good luck in your quest.

--
/J/
Cut the crap to email me...

Old March 29th 06, 01:09 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Offtopic, but the whole thread is, so who cares?

And seriously who would admit to buying a new Daewoo?

I resemble that statement!!!

For the record, I decided that just once in my life I'd buy a new car
(I'm not a new car sort of person..) I wanted to get a compact, and I
drove all the contenders... The Lanos impressed me, and was the only
one I was comfortable in (I have long legs - the Hyundai, Impresza and
Mirage sucked as far as seating comfort).

Plus it had a three year warranty, and I knew GM were taking over
Daewoo, so what the heck, I thought. In over three years, I drove the
thing into the ground, did over 140,000km and had not a single spot of
trouble with it, it was still humming sweetly when I sold it (to move
interstate). It was amazingly comfortable on long trips, cruised very
happily and safely at a genuine (gps tested) 130 kph and could still
overtake (grin).. (er not that I would ever actually travel that fast,
of course, officer..) I used it to travel from Port Lincoln to Surfers
and back (about 5400km IIRC) *six* times, so i got to know it pretty
well... (O:

Plus, with the addition of a small sub, tweeters and JVC sound system
(less than $700 all up), it was an extra pleasant experience...

So don't be too quick to knock the Woo. I don't have it now, but I
miss it and do not regret my purchase at all..

Now, what was this post about? Oh yes. See my reply below..

Old March 29th 06, 01:09 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

(Offtopic, like this entire posting. Just defending my name. I shall
not respond beyond this, except to Mr MacDonald's solicitors.(grin))

Firstly, it seems that Douglas is not quite getting the response he
wished. He is now recognised for the type of person he is.

A CASH REWARD IS OFFERED for information leading to the identity of an
Internet image thief, proven liar and stalker.

And good luck getting your money. Anyone who bites will have as much
hope as people like Avery, Annika, Rusty and others had, of ever
getting Douglas' free samples. And of course he has performed this
stunt before - a quick search will reveal very similar postings in the
past.

A person posting with the credentials of: and
Is engaged in theft of my photographs off my web site

'Theft' is stealing. I haven't stolen anything. Let me explain this
in words of less than two syl-lab-les.

1. Douglas posted images and text on the In-ter-net.
2. Douglas drew at-ten-tion to them in these groups.
3. People cri-tic-ised his images and in-fer-en-ces.
4. He (cow-ard-ly) withdrew the images and text.
5. People like me reposted the images and text so Douglas can't get
away with it.

That's not stealing. In fact, just about anyone with even a smattering
of legal training will look at that and laugh. 'Fair use', they will
chuckle.

and defamation of me and my family.

Nope. I've called him a liar, because he does lie. I've called him a
fraud, because he has used fraudulent means to try to promote his
business (although it seems his business is almost completely
non-existent - he certainly has no 'Techno Aussie Digital Print Centre'
franchise that he claimed in the laughable 'Graham Hunt' episode). The
difference here is that anyone can look up all those incidents. But
can Douglas post a nice clear simple link to where *I* have lied?
Defamation only applies if one utters untruths.

And of course I've called him a sockpuppet, because he has used many
identities (over 40 at last count) to pretend to be different people of
the same view, and to support his own posts.

I am now committed to pursuing and silencing him through the court
system, regardless of the cost.

So why doesn't he get off his arse and do it? What was this post
supposed to achieve? Make me tremble in my boots? Not gonna happen.

My name is Douglas MacDonald.
I run a number of web sites the most significant is photosbydouglas.com

Isn't that the one he pulled down and said he had completely abandoned
- along with digital photography - only a few months back? (refer to
"Digicams With MF Film Quality" in rec.photo.digital, which contains
more examples of his pulled webpages and ridiculous claims), and also
"Return to film... True!" in rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I offer now a NO-QUESTIONS-ASKED $500 AUD cash reward for information of
the real identity and residential address of the person using these
identities.

'No questions asked'? Let's read on...

The money will be paid by my lawyers at Eagle Street Brisbane on
successful service of summonses on this person.

Oh. So there are in fact quite a few 'questions' and conditions.
Here's a simple solution - if Douglas will post the name of his
lawyer/s, I will happily identify myself to them, and forward to them
every post I've ever made about him in full context. If he has a
problem with that (and he will!), I think we can say his bluff has now
officially been called.

The payment will be cash and you do not need to identify yourself

Hence my request. I'll give my details to an *unbiased* observer, but
I don't wish to be identified by Douglas because he is a *obsessed
borderline psychotic*. If you doubt that, from another post on this
topic, Douglas said, and I quote:

I'll find you soon enough...
Scum like you are the reason shopkeepers keep shotguns under
the counter.

Any questions, folks? That will be one of the first things I show his
lawyer...

just wait until your information is verified and the court papers served, to be paid.

But what if Douglas decides he won't proceed? (Gee, not that it would
be likely, I'm sure that any lawyer would *jump* at the chance to
represent someone like him..) But of course by then he would have my
address... Anyone else feel like giving him their address, after that
shotgun remark??

Anyway, these silly threats might work on someone with little
intelligence, and maybe Douglas thinks everyone thinks just like him.
But they ain't working on me. If he continues to post rubbish and then
withdraw it, I will continue to *repost* it for posterity, and to
ensure he doesn't get away with his ridiculous claims.

To prove that he won't stop me keeping him honest, here's another of
the Douglas classic posts, which deserves another showing:

http://www.geocities.com/chrlzs/flinders-20D

Herein Douglas tried to show how badly a Canon performs with shadow
detail. But take a careful look at the EXIF data which shows the
exposure mode he used (partial, which is similar to spot), and then
look at the histogram. Remembering, this is a sunlit beach scene, and
he effectively used spot metering off the guy's sunlit white pants,
shirt and beach sand, with no compensation...!!! Does anyone here
think the problem is the camera, or is it the photographer? I can post
more - is Douglas going to summons the Wayback Machine too? There are
many other ways to get cached data, so no-one can escape their history.
I'm happy for any of *my* work to be reposted, by the way - I'll be
flattered! And my old stuff is actually not that hard to find...

(O:

So remember - these are his *publicly posted webpages*, complete with
all copyright messages, reposted for educational purposes.

Contact me through my web sites.

Any takers yet? I hope no-one beats me to my $500.

(O:

I'm waiting for your lawyer's name, Douglas.

Old March 29th 06, 01:24 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Sam wrote:

i think hywel jenkins might be mark thomas

I think Sam might be Hywel Jenkins

--
Hywel

Old March 29th 06, 01:43 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I think Sam might be Hywel Jenkins

Doesn't anyone want to be Douglas?

(O:

I shouldn't be flippant - I get the impression that the poor man's
sense of humour has run out completely. For me anyway.

Why *would* he get so upset about his webpages being reposted for
posterity? I'm only doing it to keep him honest, and to help out
latecomers to his famous threads. For instance, I think it is required
reading for anyone to visit the classic "Enlarged digital images with
more detail than the original" thread (yes, I'm serious, that was his
title):

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....dff1d6c6425889

Before taking Douglas too seriously, and believing all that he doth
accuseth me of, I strongly suggest readers do a little homework. Then
make up your own mind.

And to cover all his posts, you will have to search on the following
identities:

ryadia, technoaussie, auspics, big guy, ormiston, sebastian po, doug,
douglas, douglas macdonald, stool pigeon, duncan donald, an interested
bystander, one million pics, one million pictures, alan jones,
alienjones, alienjones himself, alvie, the yowie, bigpix, pix on
canvas, the administrator, pixby, henretta, joe bailey, graham hunt,
healthypcs, random user 12987, MoioM, go go dancer, maddy, huey fong,
wilder and wilder, tekoaussie, justintyme, snaps, kakadu, HPC, deciple
of EOS, child of EOS, call me any name, keep_it_simple, notsimple,
not_just_Simple, tropical treat, d-mac, wraped in canvas...

Sadly I'm NOT kidding. They (and others) are all Douglas MacDonald.

Old March 29th 06, 02:12 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

i think hywel jenkins might be mark thomas

www.promineo.blogspot.com

wrote in message
oups.com...

D-Mac wrote:

A CASH REWARD IS OFFERED for information leading to the identity of an
Internet thief, proven liar and stalker.

I have the information you need, but I need you to prove those
statements.

Is engaged in theft of my photographs of my web site and defamation of
me and my family. He has conducted a 2 year long campaign against me of
lies, defamation and threats. I am now committed to pursuing and
silencing him through the court system, regardless of the cost.

I very much doubt that you're really going to do "this regardless of
the cost". Do you really have £100,000 to waste on this? I doubt it.
Which jurisdiction are you intending to sue under?

My name is Douglas MacDonald.
I run a number of web sites the most significant is photosbydouglas.com
and canvasphotos.com.au I am a law abiding Australian business person
with deep involvement community activities. I pay my taxes, register
with all necessary Government departments and provide a legal and valid
warranty and refund procedure in my business activities.

Irrelevant.

No one should have to contend with lies and defamatory statements from
anyone when they run a legitimate business. I've had enough of this and
now intend to silence him legally.

I'll wager the people you're after a worried sick now. I know I would
be, especially as you've gone to so much trouble to find them. Usenet
is such a great place to track people down.

Douglas, give it up. You just don't have the resources to do this.
Unless you're the RIAA, that is.

--
Hywel