Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

Old February 10th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
Tony Polson wrote in
:

"William Graham" wrote:

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
news "William Graham" wrote:

What is this thing you have against Fox News? - Do you even get Fox
News there in Ireland?

Anyone in the UK and Ireland can get Fox News.

Fox is available on free subscription on satellite TV and some
cable. Most people agree the subscription is over-priced.

Very few people watch Fox, because very few Europeans have an IQ
that is low enough.

I am sure it entertains tens of millions of Americans, though.

I watch it because I love the way Neil Hannity puts down Alan
Combs..... -- (Combs is their "token liberal".......:^)

I'm surprised you don't watch CNN, where the anchorman Anderson Cooper
was nominated by - and has his salary paid by - the Republican Party.

Speaking of your sources of information - how is Snoopy and Hagar the
Horrible doing these days?

He is good value for their money, because he never fails to promote
the Republican point of view through his "reporting".

Other people might call it "propaganda".

Either way, the end of free speech is nigh.

If the mutant luckhead fiberals running (amok in what's left of) the
Democrat party have their way - you might get your wish.

Yeah.....Just wait until Hillary takes over......

Old February 10th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Tony Polson wrote:
"William Graham" wrote:

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
Tony Polson wrote in
:

The real economic power has already begun to shift to Asia,
and you will *never* get it back.

Then you better start studying up on your Mao and/or Sharia...

Yeah....They seem to look forward to our demise....They don't know
how well off they are....Wait 'til some REALLY bad guys take over...

Who could be worse than Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld?

That's easy.
Hillary...Rodham...Clinton.
Here's a sample of what we'd have to look forward to if she becomes pres in
a few years...
http://www.autitons.com/telebites/ga...odclinton.html

Old February 10th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in
:

like Berkley, California?

I was thinking along the lines of, China at some point in the future
decides to crush you, and all the black Americans side with China,
what does the white president do as punishment to the black Americans?

Sends them to the same psychiatrist you ~dearly~ need to visit...?

Judging from the Blacks I know, not even 20% would side with China....and
those are the most radical liberal crazies you can find.......

Old February 13th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Tony Polson wrote:

The US-led coalition in Korea was being vanquished until the US
threatened to use nuclear weapons in a first strike. Without that
threat, you would have been in the sea.

When you're wrong Polson, you pull no stops.

The turning point was when enough US Army forces arrived for the Inchon
invasion to be mounted, cutting off the NK forces in the south from
their supply lines in the north and squeezing them between X-corps and
the breakout forces from the Pusan perimeter (that the Americans held
despite overwhelming odds prior to the buildup of forces). The Pusan
perimeter forces that the Americans had held were augmented by British,
Canadian and other forces 2 weeks prior to the breakout (mid-Sept). The
Americans had been held there since July.

That began the re-taking of the peninsula.

Truman threatened the use of nuclear arms only after the Chinese came
across the North Korean border from China. This was long after the war
had moved north of the 38th parallel.

It wasn't the threat of nuclear arms that led to the Pusan breakout, it
was many things including the aid and the support of the Brits.

Odd you don't know that.
Old February 13th 06, 08:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 01:17:01 -0800, "William Graham"
wrote:

I don't lump all democrats together...My wife, and my sister are
democrats......Demented, but still democrats.........:^)

That should be Democrats with a capital D.

Old February 13th 06, 08:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 11:05:33 +0000, Tony Polson
wrote:

The current hardline Iranian President was democratically elected in
preference to a candidate who leaned more to the West and towards a
rapprochement with the USA. That says more than anything else about
the will of the Iranian people.

The nut-job president of Iran got elected because the "politicians"
were considered corrupt and he was not. "All politics is local," as
"Tip" O'Neill, a great Irish-American politician once said.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the Iranians would welcome a
return to the corrupt and decadent days of the US-financed Shah,

quite the contrary, judging by the election results.

Old February 13th 06, 08:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:45:35 -0800, "William Graham"
wrote:

Well, they would say that, wouldn't they?

:-)

I don't know....You might be right. But I have heard (through the
grapevine?) that the Educated Iranians today are very sick of their
religious government, and long for secular leadership that will tolerate
more of the "Western way of life". I suspect that there could be a happy

Quite right. Among the more educated Iranians, there is considerable
sullen resistance to the regime. Parties where young people dress up
in Western style clothes and ... dance together. With someone acting
as lookout for the religious police.

Or blogs that discuss the discontent of people living under the rule
of the mullahs. But the mullahs and the nutjob president are tapping
into a feeling of nationalism with the nuclear "peaceful power" issue.
But does anyone believe for a minute that Iran needs nuclear power for
civilian purposes only?

Old February 13th 06, 08:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 00:40:08 +0000, Tony Polson
wrote:

"William Graham" wrote:

Iran and Palestine are certainly not less democratic than the USA.

Huh. In Gaza gunmen were threatening the local offices of the EU
because of the cartoon issues. All over the Arab world, including
Iran and Gaza, marchers were demanding death to the cartoonists and
editors. How is that democratic?

But none of that worries the American people, over half of whom
apparently still believe that Iraq was in some way linked to 9/11.
Your President and Vice President said it was - they lied through
their teeth.

I doubt that 50%+ of Americans believe that Saddam Hussein was linked
to the 9/11 attacks. If they did then, then by now some of them would
have realized that Bush has no proof to back up that assertion.

As an example of American democracy, all our faults are open for the
world to see. (including the secrecy surrounding Cheney, etc.)

My guess is that you are simply an America-hater. That is your
privilege, but at least you should be honest about that.

Kodak
Old February 16th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Tony Polson" wrote ...

Who could be worse than Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld?

Blair, Brown & Straw ?

Old February 21st 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Those in power will always be under scrutiny. Those with power will
often be able to use vast funds to help get elected. Those in power
will often be tempted to circumvent morality so as to do what they
want. If we were "those-in-power" would we really do any better? Would
we do worse?

Life sucks and then you die. Or my favorite, Scottish proverb I think,
"Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead." It just
sucks there are so many assholes who need to take their own wars onto
people.