[SI] New mandate needed

Old March 29th 12, 05:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default [SI] New mandate needed

On 2012-03-19 14:02:56 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.

After all the bickering I thought I might as well add some food for
thought if we are going to keep this thing going.

I was thinking that we might steal some ideas from the G+ Photography
circles weekly themes.
I have removed reference to the G+ day of submission and tweaked the
titles, but have left the spirit of intent intact. Remember, those G+
themes are set and have contributions made weekly.
Here are some (...or restatements of some) to ponder:
SkyScape
StreetArt
Birds of Prey
Signs (that is street signs or other types worthy of being immortalized on SI)
Zen (any expression of simple beauty)
Mountains (Sorry Tony, Florida mole hills don't count!)
Music (performance, musician, or instrument)
Doors
Monochrome study
Military (any shot with a military element)
Mirror (any shot where reflections are part of the composition)
Mystery (any shot which sparks the question, "What is it?")
Midair (any shot where the subject is a person, pet, or object captured
in mid air)
My Town
Decay (consider shots of abandoned, or forgotten architecture,
engineering, infrastructure, etc.)
Archi-Texture (Architecture is the subject with an emphasis on
structural texture)
Transport (all and/or any forms of transport excluding automobiles)
Candid capture
Theoretical (a shot which conceptualizes an idea, or is in the form of
abstract art)
In Motion (any shot showing motion and movement using panning, blur,
zoom effects, and intentional camera movement)
Food
Feet
Rural

Savageduck

Old March 29th 12, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-03-29 10:10:33 -0700, tony cooper said:

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:03:48 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Mountains (Sorry Tony, Florida mole hills don't count!)

Hey! There are many photographable scenes in Mount Dora although the
city is only 184 feet above sea level.

Don't forget to take supplemental oxygen with you when you go to
capture that alpine majesty. ;-)

Savageduck

Old March 29th 12, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Tim Conway[_2_]

--

Well, there's always Mt Trashmore in Virginia Beach (former landfill).

Old March 30th 12, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

wrote:

Mountains (Sorry Tony, Florida mole hills don't count!)

Hey! There are many photographable scenes in Mount Dora although the
city is only 184 feet above sea level.

Don't forget to take supplemental oxygen with you when you go to capture
that alpine majesty. ;-)

Well it is needed for climbing Mt. Trashmore.

--
Peter
Old April 1st 12, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2012-03-19 14:02:56 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

[...]

Some good suggestions, though some may be a little off the ranch. Here
it is not easy to get close to birds of prey, for example - and Tony
would be hard pressed for a mountain. There are a few that we've done
(directly or tangentially).

I'll keep these in the hat for reference...

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.