How do I remove jpg data from photo i.e owner name

Old July 28th 04, 02:39 AM
BoredSilly

Default How do I remove jpg data from photo i.e owner name

Hi,

I have heaps of digital pictures I've shot using a canon digital ixus v3
that contain my name in the o'wners name' EXIF field of the jpg files. I'd
like to remove just this field from all my digital photos but can't seem to
find a tool that can do that. Ideally i'd like some form of batch tool that
could run through the lot and simply erase my name from them all. ... Any
ideas?

TIA,

BoredSilly

Old July 28th 04, 04:01 AM
Mark M

"BoredSilly" wrote in message
Hi,

I have heaps of digital pictures I've shot using a canon digital ixus v3
that contain my name in the o'wners name' EXIF field of the jpg files.

I'd
like to remove just this field from all my digital photos but can't seem

find a tool that can do that. Ideally i'd like some form of batch tool

that
could run through the lot and simply erase my name from them all. ... Any
ideas?

Perhaps if you'd stop being a peeping tom, you wouldn't have to worry that
your name is on your photos...

Seriously... ACDSee can do this EXIF editing, and I'm sure there are
others...but I'm only familiar with the above for this.

Old July 28th 04, 06:01 AM
Renato V.

"Mark M" ha scritto nel messaggio

"BoredSilly" wrote in message
Hi,

I have heaps of digital pictures I've shot using a canon digital ixus v3
that contain my name in the o'wners name' EXIF field of the jpg files.

I'd
like to remove just this field from all my digital photos but can't seem

find a tool that can do that. Ideally i'd like some form of batch tool

that
could run through the lot and simply erase my name from them all. ...

Any
ideas?

Perhaps if you'd stop being a peeping tom, you wouldn't have to worry that
your name is on your photos...

Seriously... ACDSee can do this EXIF editing, and I'm sure there are
others...but I'm only familiar with the above for this.

How do you operate with ACDsee?
Thanks
Renato

Old July 28th 04, 06:58 AM
Paul Bartram

"Renato V." redvalterza @ aruba.it wrote

[Exif] How do you operate with ACDsee?

Click on 'Properties' in either the browser or viewer. The Exif items that
are displayed in bold writing can be changed via the keyboard, including the
'Artist' and 'Copywrite' fields. All the others are fixed.

Not sure why the OP had his name in there - he must have instructed the
camera to write it in the first place, my Nikon can't do it.

Paul

Old July 28th 04, 01:54 PM
Al Denelsbeck

"Paul Bartram" p.bartram AT OR NEAR optusnet.com wrote in
u:

"Renato V." redvalterza @ aruba.it wrote

[Exif] How do you operate with ACDsee?

Click on 'Properties' in either the browser or viewer. The Exif items
that are displayed in bold writing can be changed via the keyboard,
including the 'Artist' and 'Copywrite' fields. All the others are
fixed.

Not sure why the OP had his name in there - he must have instructed
the camera to write it in the first place, my Nikon can't do it.

The key question is, of course, is it *his* name?

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to separate G and I in the domain