Bye Bye RawShooter Premium

Old June 26th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Bye Bye RawShooter Premium

"In a brief statement Adobe has announced that it has purchased the
'technology assets' of Pixmantec, the Danish company behind the
RawShooter raw workflow and conversion application. Adobe states that
this acquisition "strengthens Adobe's leadership position in raw
processing" and that that Pixmantec's raw processing technology will be
integrated into Lightroom and other Adobe products. RawShooter Premium
will be discontinued although the Essential edition will continue to be
available and support for existing RawShooter customers will be
available from Adobe."

"Adobe believes this acquisition will not have a material financial
impact on the company."

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0606/06...ypixmantec.asp

Hmmm, I wonder what that was all about then? Lightroom likely to have
proven too appealing, so quit while you can?

Old June 26th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Siggy wrote:
"In a brief statement Adobe has announced that it has purchased the
'technology assets' of Pixmantec, the Danish company behind the
RawShooter raw workflow and conversion application. Adobe states that

Well, doesn't that just suck!? Now some form of this product will cost three
times as much.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old June 26th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Siggy" wrote in message
. uk...
"In a brief statement Adobe has announced that it has purchased the
'technology assets' of Pixmantec, the Danish company behind the

Great. Don't like the competition?
Then buy it out and stop selling it.
Looks like bye to my favourite RAW tool then.
I'll still never use Adobe's RAW stuff.

Old June 27th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

In article , Siggy
wrote:

"In a brief statement Adobe has announced that it has purchased the
'technology assets' of Pixmantec, the Danish company behind the
RawShooter raw workflow and conversion application. Adobe states that
this acquisition "strengthens Adobe's leadership position in raw
processing" and that that Pixmantec's raw processing technology will be
integrated into Lightroom and other Adobe products. RawShooter Premium
will be discontinued although the Essential edition will continue to be
available and support for existing RawShooter customers will be
available from Adobe."

We Mac people don't care. I've used RSE on a PC briefly and didn't like
it. I guess you have to use the right kind of computer when editing
images. :-)
Old June 27th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
In article , Siggy
wrote:

"In a brief statement Adobe has announced that it has purchased the
'technology assets' of Pixmantec, the Danish company behind the
RawShooter raw workflow and conversion application. Adobe states that
this acquisition "strengthens Adobe's leadership position in raw
processing" and that that Pixmantec's raw processing technology will be
integrated into Lightroom and other Adobe products. RawShooter Premium
will be discontinued although the Essential edition will continue to be
available and support for existing RawShooter customers will be
available from Adobe."

We Mac people don't care. I've used RSE on a PC briefly and didn't like
it. I guess you have to use the right kind of computer when editing
images. :-)

I guess now Lightroom will be just as bad. :-) Of course, those PC guys
still haven't been able to even try Lightroom....

Old June 27th 06, 06:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

RW+/- wrote:
On 26 Jun 2006 20:06:17 -0700, cjcampbell wrote:

Randall Ainsworth wrote:

In article , Siggy
wrote:

[...]

ROTFL

With Mac a dead/dying breed I'm in absolutely no hurry to try the VW of
computing.

Dying, yeah, right. Final Cut Pro setups are the fastest growing
editing stations on the market. And at my employer of 300,000 people
we're rolling out Macs left and right.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old June 27th 06, 10:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default ...and bye bye Corel PSP too?

Helen wrote:
"Siggy" wrote in message
. uk...
"In a brief statement Adobe has announced that it has purchased the
'technology assets' of Pixmantec, the Danish company behind the

Great. Don't like the competition?
Then buy it out and stop selling it.
Looks like bye to my favourite RAW tool then.
I'll still never use Adobe's RAW stuff.

Killing 2 birds with one stone?

I think this also has something to do with taking a shot (a broadside,
even) at a major competitor here. It would seem that Corel use the
Rawshooter engine in their PaintShop Pro product, which as we all know,
is a great deal more value for money than Photoshop is.

Anyone for Bibble? ;-)
Old June 27th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

RW+/- wrote:
I guess now Lightroom will be just as bad. :-) Of course, those PC guys
still haven't been able to even try Lightroom....

ROTFL

With Mac a dead/dying breed I'm in absolutely no hurry to try the VW of
computing.

While I am a dedicated IBM Compatible computer user -- and indeed, I earn my
living developing software for this platform, I can honestly say that the Mac
OS and its hardware platform is definitely NOT a dying breed. In fact, its
adoption rate has been growing and a large retailer like Best Buy has taken
notice and is testing a program in consideration of again selling Apple
computers chain wide.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old June 27th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default OT: Mac vs PC

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote in message
RW+/- wrote:
I guess now Lightroom will be just as bad. :-) Of course, those PC guys
still haven't been able to even try Lightroom....

ROTFL

With Mac a dead/dying breed I'm in absolutely no hurry to try the VW of
computing.

While I am a dedicated IBM Compatible computer user -- and indeed, I earn
my
living developing software for this platform, I can honestly say that the
Mac
OS and its hardware platform is definitely NOT a dying breed. In fact,
its
adoption rate has been growing and a large retailer like Best Buy has
taken
notice and is testing a program in consideration of again selling Apple
computers chain wide.

Until Steve Job's gets over his arrogant "must control everything" attitude
and finally does a full port of OSX so it will run on any Intel platform OSX
and Macs will continue to trail far behind the Wintel platform. As with
you, I've been a dedicated Winteler and also make my living on the platform
but I can tell you without hesitation that if I could buy a copy of OSX
today and put it on one of my Dell's I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm certain
that Steve and Apple could grab a huge market segment if IT directors could
deploy OSX w/o going thought the expense of replacing all their hardware.

--

Rob
"A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

Old June 27th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Siggy wrote:
[snip]
I think this also has something to do with taking a shot (a broadside,
even) at a major competitor here. It would seem that Corel use the
Rawshooter engine in their PaintShop Pro product, which as we all know,
is a great deal more value for money than Photoshop is.

[snip]

I believe they use ImageGear toolkit in PSP X itself? Then they supply
RSE as an additional product.

--
Barry Pearson
http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/