My Photos of Hawaii

Old May 5th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default My Photos of Hawaii

I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:

http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

Old May 5th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Please, tell me what you think of them:
http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

I think you should use your eyes more and your camera less.

For example, do we really need to see 31 pics taken from the airplane,
a dark parking lot at night, or the Agricultural form you have to fill
out on the plane?
Try a little more editing. Whatever good pics you may have captured
are drowned in a sea of would-be culls.

Old May 5th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On 4 May 2006 16:01:41 -0700, wrote:

I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:

http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

Dja like Paia? I mean, what's not to like?

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com
Old May 5th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Annika1980 wrote:
Please, tell me what you think of them:

http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

I think you should use your eyes more and your camera less.

For example, do we really need to see 31 pics taken from the airplane,
a dark parking lot at night,

??

I don't know to what you are referring. I have at least 250 pictures
taken from my airplane seat, besides all the photos that I took from
helicopter. To which 31 pics are you referring?

I don't recall putting up a photo of a dark parking lot at night.

or the Agricultural form you have to fill
out on the plane?

Rest assured, the photos collectively tell a story. They may not all be
artistic masterpieces individually, but they all tell part of the story
about my trip.

Try a little more editing. Whatever good pics you may have captured
are drowned in a sea of would-be culls.

Of course, what makes a good picture is often based on what one is
looking for.

Thank you for your comments.

Old May 5th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On 4 May 2006 21:24:40 -0700, wrote:

Raphael Bustin wrote:
On 4 May 2006 16:01:41 -0700,
wrote:

I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:

http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

Dja like Paia? I mean, what's not to like?

What is Paia?

a town on maui

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old May 5th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Raphael Bustin wrote:
On 4 May 2006 21:24:40 -0700, wrote:

Raphael Bustin wrote:
On 4 May 2006 16:01:41 -0700,
wrote:

I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:

http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

Dja like Paia? I mean, what's not to like?

What is Paia?

a town on maui

Paia is on the North Short of Maui. Due to the lack of time, all that I
saw of Maui was from the airport in the North, down South and around to
Lahaina and up North as far as Napili. My travel agent/tour guide/Mom
said she wished she had scheduled us another day on the island, but the
trip served its purpose for me. Maybe, someday, I will spend a week
there?

Old May 5th 06, 06:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

"reSIST the URGE to exPLAIN"
-Screenwriter and Oscar nominee in an AOL chatroom

Old May 5th 06, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

wrote:
Raphael Bustin wrote:
On 4 May 2006 21:24:40 -0700,
wrote:

Raphael Bustin wrote:
On 4 May 2006 16:01:41 -0700,
wrote:

I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:

http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

Dja like Paia? I mean, what's not to like?
What is Paia?

a town on maui

Paia is on the North Short of Maui. Due to the lack of time, all that I
saw of Maui was from the airport in the North, down South and around to
Lahaina and up North as far as Napili. My travel agent/tour guide/Mom
said she wished she had scheduled us another day on the island, but the
trip served its purpose for me. Maybe, someday, I will spend a week
there?

You should have driven to the top of the volcano. Most impressive! Go
back and see that one!