AF SLR with Most Powerful Built-In Flash

Old October 8th 04, 02:47 AM
John Smith

Default AF SLR with Most Powerful Built-In Flash

At one time I thought Nikon N60 had a pretty good flash, but it is no longer
available.

Any recommendations among the current offerings?

Thanks.

Old October 8th 04, 11:58 AM
Joseph Meehan

John Smith wrote:
At one time I thought Nikon N60 had a pretty good flash, but it is no
longer
available.

Any recommendations among the current offerings?

Thanks.

If you want a really powerful flash, why limit yourself to built in
flash?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old October 8th 04, 04:54 PM
Alan Browne

John Smith wrote:

At one time I thought Nikon N60 had a pretty good flash, but it is no longer
available.

Any recommendations among the current offerings?

No idea and I won't lash you with the standard about how badly built in flash is
from several points of view.

See www.photozone.de and look at the GN numbers.

Cheers,
Alan

Old October 8th 04, 06:29 PM
Mike

Minolta 800si. Not only is it the most powerful, it zooms.

Mike
Old October 8th 04, 06:29 PM
Mike

Old October 8th 04, 07:30 PM
Joseph Meehan

John Smith wrote:
For portability.

I understand and I use mine often out of convenience. However there are
so many advantages, like real power, that for serious things, I tend to
ignore the built in.

Sorry I can't offer any suggestions, I am not up on the current models.

Old October 9th 04, 06:48 AM
Richard H. Weiner

Mike wrote:
Minolta 800si. Not only is it the most powerful, it zooms.

Mike

I had once looked at going with the 800si, but I found that not only was
this old (ie, no productions anymore) technology but the prices for it
used was nearly as much as a newer model camera.

RHW
Old October 9th 04, 06:21 PM
Duncan J Murray

I've tried the one on the Dynax 7xi, but it was very disappointing - it also
threw the metering off, resulting in many underexposed and useless prints.

Duncan.