Android app to remove all location data in bulk

Old June 25th 18, 10:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Android app to remove all location data in bulk

On 6/25/2018 4:32 PM, Bill W wrote:

snip

I didn't follow this thread closely, but it appeared to me that you
got sucked into it just like me. I know that some people here have
issues with nospam, but an awful lot of the arguments with him are
absurd. It's like some people are determined to prove him wrong on
something, anything, no matter what it takes.

He/she argues, just to argue. When he makes incorrect statements that
could easily mislead a newbie, or tries to give me an analysis of my
needs, without knowing what my needs are,

I agree with very little of what he says on some subjects, examples
including the threads on autonomous cars, and recently backup cameras.
I don't bother arguing because he's clearly expressing strongly held
opinions, and to be honest, even though I disagree, I consider his
opinions to be valid. There is no "right" or truth in some of his
statements, but some people argue as if there were. It's just silly,
especially with off topic threads.

He just says those tings while trying trolling. e.g. "airplanes don't
have brakes. I didn't bother to contradict his statement that Perl can't
be run under Windows. (It may not be the best way, but it can be done.)
I was doing that before I go a Raspberry Pi. I have too many interests,
than to get involved with his crap.

--
PeterN
Old June 25th 18, 10:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I didn't bother to contradict his statement that Perl can't
be run under Windows.

i never said it couldn't. in fact, i said it *could*.
Old June 26th 18, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:31:59 -0400, nospam wrote:

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

However I can't find a bulk EXIF remover for Android. In fact all
I want
is a bulk EXIF location tag remover for Android and I haven't come
across one.

then you haven't looked.

I have looked and installed several of the apps I found but none do
what I asked for.

then keep looking, or refine your search terms to get better results.

Why don't you even name one? You claim there are such tools, you must
have used or known them. So please say which and don't tell the asker to
google it.

i gave sufficient clues for search terms to be able to find such an
app. it's not that difficult. really, it isn't.

i am not going to spoon feed him or anyone else, especially one who has
a stick up his ass about searching.

Prove it: prove that those tools exist. Provide the exact name of the
tool, prove a google search query that finds that tool.

I know I know: you have not the foggiest idea.

It took me about 10 seconds on Google - including batch removal, but
I'm not about to get in the middle of this little dispute. It would
appear that there is a bit of an issue between nospam and the OP.

that's about how long it took me for an initial set of results.

further tweaking the query terms helped refined those results.

Can you confirm you found a bulk EXIF eraser which works on Android?

yes. several of them, in fact.

Will you name them please. i would appreciate that.

I mean other than the clumsy semi-batch EZ unEXIF I mentioned elsewhere.

you did not say anything about not being clumsy.

your original claim was:
However I can't find a bulk EXIF remover for Android. In fact all

which turns out to be false.

If I can't find something and then later I come across something (recall I
said I searched on different days) then one statement supplants the other.
They are not contradictory. They do not refer to the same time.

as for clumsy, batch processing photos on a mobile device is itself a
clumsy workflow. i gave two suggestions on a much better workflow, but
so far, you've ignored both.

it's clear that you are not interested in an actual solution.

You claimed it was easy to find an app but when I asked you to tell me what
you found you claimed I was too lazy.
Old June 26th 18, 01:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:32:00 -0400, nospam wrote:

In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

It took me about 10 seconds on Google - including batch removal, but
I'm not about to get in the middle of this little dispute. It would
appear that there is a bit of an issue between nospam and the OP.

I have several Windows apps to do batch or bulk removal but not Android.
Can you confirm what you found on Google is actually an Android app?

My issue here is that I think I caught a whiff of trolling, and the
way nospam is replying to you, I get the idea that you might be a
known troll to him. But I'll take my chances one time, but with a fair
warning that I didn't try this app, and that I am not going to
thoroughly read up on every app on the play store. This one took me
about 10 second to find in a Google search:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.photoexifedi
tor

You can't really win on this one. If that app is exactly what you're
looking for, it just confirms what no spam said about your search
abilities. If you tell me it sucks for this or that reason, it just
confirms my suspicions that you're trolling.

I don't know Jim, but I do know "nospam", and he often claims things
that he later can not support with data.

bogus accusation.

i *never* claim things that cannot be supported.

I'm sorry to say that I as a newcomer don't believe that. Prove you found
several bulk EXIF apps on Android, other than the one I subsequently came
across, by posting their names.

On many posts he talks as if he
knows everything and everybody else is wrong, specially on the Android
group. Thus when he claims something strongly I doubt.

another bogus accusation.

i have never claimed to know everything, certainly not about android. i
do use android, but not as much as ios.

Other times he may be right, but knowing his history I have problems
distinguishing them.

in other words, you haven't bothered to search either.

You have made factual two errors, so far, in this thread. (1) That is it
easy to find a bulk EXIF location removerfor Android. (2) That the Windows
version of ExifTool does not suppoort drag and drop but 3rd party tools
might.

Both are wrong.
Old June 26th 18, 01:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:31:58 -0400, nospam wrote:

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

It took me about 10 seconds on Google - including batch removal, but
I'm not about to get in the middle of this little dispute. It would
appear that there is a bit of an issue between nospam and the OP.

I have several Windows apps to do batch or bulk removal but not Android.
Can you confirm what you found on Google is actually an Android app?

I tried this and all I got was "EZ unEXIF" buit it is cllumsy and it's
approach to batch is not to select a folder but t use "select all". Try
it. It's not user friendly.

in other words, you *did* find a batch removal tool, contrary to your
claim of not being able to find one.

you also don't get to dismiss it because it's 'clumsy'.

i also suggested two alternate options, which you have ignored, one of
which is easy and will do what you want in a more reliable and more
efficient way.

You are playing to the audience. I though it strange you were distorting
facts in a message but presenting them as truths which put you in a good
light.

Now that I see it happening several times in a row, I see it is not a
mistake but it is your way of saving face.
Old June 26th 18, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:06:21 -0700, Bill W wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 13:16:28 +0100, Jim-P
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 19:19:54 -0700, Bill W wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 03:48:13 +0200, "Carlos E.R."

On 2018-06-25 00:28, nospam wrote:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hotoexifeditor

You can't really win on this one. If that app is exactly what you're
looking for, it just confirms what no spam said about your search
abilities. If you tell me it sucks for this or that reason, it just
confirms my suspicions that you're trolling.

Thank you for the link. The app is not what really I want and I think
that's maybe because I haven't explained my need in detail but got drawn in
to a fruitless exchange.

I want an app which will remove all EXIF location data. I may have to
settle for removing all EXIF data of any sort and this distinction has got
a bit lost in the messages although I am as guilty as anyone in this
respect.

Initially I took some pictures containing EXIF location data on my
smartphone and later set the camera app not to store location. As I tested
several other camera apps (I am new to taking pictures on a smartphone) I
found some of these apps had defaulted to storing EXIF location data. So I
have perhaps 80% without location data and 20% with.

So I would like an app which I can point at one of my photo folders on
Android (there's only a few of them) and ask the app to bulk clean all the
EXIF (location) data in that folder. Your app allows me to go into the
photo directory and then "select all". I suppose maybe that's how I have
to do it in Android but I was hoping for something a bit like a file
explorer which would allow me to specify the directory to be cleaned.

I guess Nospam will take me to task for not explaining this and the fault
is partly mine but I wish he didn't have such a defensive and accusatory
attitude which prevents communication.

One app I saw showed a list of photos and flagged which ones had location
data which is very useful as, in truth, it is only location data about my
home I want to clean and not the location of a bridge or whatever. However
it had no erase facility.

On 2018-06-25 00:28, nospam wrote:
In , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

[...]

Not being an Android user I am not in a position to check any of the
suggested apps, but it seems that Photo EXIF Editor Pro will do all you are
looking for, including bulk editing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....photoexifedit
or.pro&hl=en_US

https://tinyurl.com/yc8n72cj

Savageduck

Old June 26th 18, 05:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

You have made factual two errors, so far, in this thread. (1) That is it
easy to find a bulk EXIF location removerfor Android. (2) That the Windows
version of ExifTool does not suppoort drag and drop but 3rd party tools
might.

Both are wrong.

they are *not* wrong.

your understanding (or lack thereof) is what's wrong, as well as your
refusal (or inability) to learn.

once again (not that this time will be any different), exiftool is
*cross-platform* and as such, it does not support drag/drop. period.

drag/drop is a platform-specific function. drag/drop on a mac is
implemented very differently than on windows, for example.

a platform-specific version of exiftool is a *wrapper* around exiftool
itself, and it's the *wrapper* that provides drag/drop, not exiftool.

it's also very easy to find apps to do all sorts of things and not just
on android, however, it may take more than one or two search queries to
find it given that there are currently more than 3 million apps on the
google play store alone.

removing location data is not an obscure task and you're not the first
person to want to do it. that means there *are* existing solutions, and
not necessarily apps that batch remove it.
Old June 26th 18, 05:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

[...]

you did say bulk exif remover initially:

However I can't find a bulk EXIF remover for Android. In fact all
I want
is a bulk EXIF location tag remover for Android and I haven't come
across one.

Initially I took some pictures containing EXIF location data on my
smartphone and later set the camera app not to store location. As I tested
several other camera apps (I am new to taking pictures on a smartphone) I
found some of these apps had defaulted to storing EXIF location data. So I
have perhaps 80% without location data and 20% with.

either don't use the apps that ignores the location setting (a bug) or
find a camera app that explicitly omits adding location data (a
feature).

So I would like an app which I can point at one of my photo folders on
Android (there's only a few of them) and ask the app to bulk clean all the
EXIF (location) data in that folder. Your app allows me to go into the
photo directory and then "select all". I suppose maybe that's how I have
to do it in Android but I was hoping for something a bit like a file
explorer which would allow me to specify the directory to be cleaned.

the app mentioned fits your description, plus you shouldn't be
micromanaging folders anyway.

since you keep changing what you want the app to do, it's not possible
for anyone to make a good suggestion because you'll just say "no,
that's not what i want".

the key is to learn how to effectively search for exactly what you want
rather than rely on others to make suggestions only to be told 'that
won't work'.

On 2018-06-25 00:28, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

[...]

You sound more like a troll by the minute. If you tell a tool to
remove location data from a photo that has none, nothing happens, so
just select all, and have at it. Worse yet, you are going on and on
about this, and in the time you've spent here on this, you could have
easily used a Windows app to get the job done many times over. It's a
trivial matter to copy the photos to your PC, and you might even be
able to work on them with the phone connected to your PC without even
copying them. You clearly have some technical knowledge on this
subject, you're not stupid, and getting the job done on a PC is a
no-brainer. All of the signs of trolling are here.