Modifying A 'Gaussian Blur' Tool Use Question

Old March 14th 11, 12:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

Default Modifying A 'Gaussian Blur' Tool Use Question

On 03/14/2011 03:17 AM, LOL! wrote:

The fun (and great) thing about Photoline is that there's so very many ways
to get from A to B. There's not just one best-method, and they're all
available with this software.

This is true of other software as well. But of course since you used
only one how could you know...

--
Bertrand
Old March 14th 11, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
LOL![_3_]

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:53:52 +0100, Ofnuts
wrote:

On 03/14/2011 03:17 AM, LOL! wrote:

The fun (and great) thing about Photoline is that there's so very many ways
to get from A to B. There's not just one best-method, and they're all
available with this software.

This is true of other software as well. But of course since you used
only one how could you know...

Lets see ... I presently have installed on my PC:

Photoline - the main workhorse that does most everything I need.

Canvas-X - Because it can do a few things with certain filetypes that
Photoline can't handle. Rarely used but an excellent editor in all regards.
Extremely handy when having to access and use shapefiles from government
sources for planimetric projects.

PhotoAcute Studio - For obtaining ultra-high resolution images from more
than one frame.

Dynamic Photo HDR - Because it's much better than that ridiculous and
rudimentary Photomatix that everyone blindly recommends.

Gimp (Portable) - Because I need to be able to tell someone how to use one
of its features when asked, and it has a fun few filters in it you won't
find anywhere else.

Irfanview - Has a nice batch editor in it that comes in handy for things
like converting all icons to a type that GPS units can understand.

PaintShopPro 9, X, X2, X3 - Because it used to be the best all around
editor until I finally understood all the complexities of Photoline. And it
still has one of the best sensor-blooming correction tools in it. As well
as being able to correct blue, green, yellow, and orange-eye in animal
shots. I don't take photos of people unless I'm paid greatly, so red-eye is
someone else's problem. Though now that I've become more familiar with
using Photoline, I can do that using it as well, just not as quickly.

PhotoBrush 5 - Because its Wratten Filter emulator can't be beat.

PhotoImpact X3 - Because it's fun little doo-dads for adding things like
realistic 3D frames comes in handy when someone asks me to frame one of
their images for a web-graphic or other.

RAW Therapee - Because, on the rare occasion, that I want to dabble with
RAW files, it is excellent for that. Though Photoline works just as well in
all regards.

Serif Photoplus 11 - Because its image extraction tool is one of the best
I've found.

Hugin, PTGUI Pro, Panorama Plus, Pano Factory, etc. - For obvious reasons
(some handle panos better than others, no matter how good one might be in
only one instance, dependent on lens focal-length used and how many frames
and in which orientation they are taken)

ACDSee Pro - Because it's an excellent browsing and cataloging system,
though I don't use its editing functions at all, except for its auto-rotate
button. It's early incarnations of things like FotoSlate being excellent
for multi-image layouts for printing, better than Q-Image, though FotoSlate
lacks the excellent resampling system in Q-Image.

ThumbsPlus Pro (and portable version) - My main-stay off-line cataloger for
all my several hundred backup DVDs.

CorelDraw 11 Portable - There's just some Corel filetypes that no other
software will open. Used for converting those to more universal formats.

PictureWindow Pro - Because it has a couple tools at which it excels.

Zoner Photo Studio Pro - Because during my searches when people were asking
me which software might be a good replacement for PaintShopPro, after Corel
bought it and trashed it, and they didn't want to learn or were able to
comprehend all that Photoline can do, I found this one to be quite
comparable to PSP.

Mosaic Creator - Because it's the best one that I found out there for that
task. After testing them all.

PhotoSlop CS5 Portable (& Lightroom) - For those RARE one or two plugins
that won't work on any other platform. Otherwise neither are ever booted up
and I dread doing so even when needed for those one or two plugins.

Add in about 20 others that I left installed after testing them, and about
50 other editing utilities, like Q-Image, PhotoZoom Pro (S-Spline 2,
excellent upsampler), CleanerZoomer, and others, then you'll have a meager
comprehension of all the software I have used, use, or am at least familiar
with using.

Got it?

LOL!!!!!!

Old March 14th 11, 06:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
LOL![_3_]

wrote:

On 03/14/2011 03:17 AM, LOL! wrote:

The fun (and great) thing about Photoline is that there's so very many ways
to get from A to B. There's not just one best-method, and they're all
available with this software.

This is true of other software as well. But of course since you used
only one how could you know...

BTW: I forgot to thank you! For snipping out that all important update. So
SneakyPee The Moron, who lives a life of self-induced ignorance by poking
his own eyes out and encouraging everyone else to be just as stupid and
ignorant as he is, the very one who required that information, STILL
REMAINS just as stupidly ignorant as he ever was!

ROFLMAO!

Oh ****, this is F-U-U-U-U-N-Y!

You have NO idea of how many laughs you MORONS provide!

LOL!

You now have my permission to re-quote the pertinent info to educate
SneakyPee The MORON, now that it has served its entertainment purposes for
myself. Though a MORON he (and you) shall ever remain.

LOL!

Old March 14th 11, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

wrote:

[...]

Then how come we have never seen a good picture out of all that software?

--
Bertrand
Old March 14th 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

On 03/14/2011 07:32 PM, LOL! wrote:

You now have my permission to re-quote the pertinent info to educate
SneakyPee The MORON, now that it has served its entertainment purposes for
myself. Though a MORON he (and you) shall ever remain.

What important info? To quote you: "There's not just one best-method".

--
Bertrand
Old March 14th 11, 08:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:33:16 -0800 (PST), otter
wrote:

works pretty well, and there are third-party plug-ins like noise
ninja. But if spending money is out of the question, good luck with
your experiments.

While I haven't looked in a long time given I own a copy of Neat
Image, both NI and NN had free versions of their SW which worked in
limited batch mode.
Old March 14th 11, 08:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

wrote:

[...]

He's too busy editing that photo of a rare moth trying to make the
moth discernable.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old March 14th 11, 08:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
LOL![_3_]

wrote:

Then how come we have never seen a good picture out of all that software?

Just what I want to do, is to make your mommy's-basement life worth living.

LOL!

Old March 14th 11, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
LOL![_3_]

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 21:41:51 +0100, Ofnuts
wrote:

On 03/14/2011 07:32 PM, LOL! wrote:

You now have my permission to re-quote the pertinent info to educate
SneakyPee The MORON, now that it has served its entertainment purposes for
myself. Though a MORON he (and you) shall ever remain.

What important info? To quote you: "There's not just one best-method".

Quoting out of context again to make yourself look like the idiot TROLL
that you are, and that we all know you to be? He requested an exact and
quick method do what he wanted. I posted that. One of the only pieces of
software able to accomplish it as precisely and easily as needed. There's
another that has a similar built-in tool, but that dedicated software for a
different task costs more than Photoline (which can do so very much more).
But no sense wasting anymore time trying to educate you fools on this
subject further. That's what makes you a moron: non-educable.

LOL!

btw: THANKS AGAIN! For another good laugh! I just LOVE how deeply you all
desperately adhere to your bliss of self-induced ignorance. LOL!

Old March 14th 11, 11:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:23:30 +0100, Ofnuts
wrote:

On 03/12/2011 06:03 AM, LOL! wrote:

I use PhotoLine with its built-in "Variable Blur" filter. Most often used
to create realistic DOF effects by using a depth-mask,

Holy cow... you add DOF effects to your tack-sharp-everywhere photographs?

He's lying.

He's already told us he is content with the JPGs as they emerge from
his camera.

Regards,

Eric Stevens