Help Needed - Cabin projector question

Old August 9th 06, 10:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
PRP

Default Help Needed - Cabin projector question

Hi, I am trying to find out which bulb would go in a Cabin 1000A slide
projector. The manual says it is 240V 300W with a G17q base, looking I see 2
possible bulbs one is an A1/178 (CFS) the other is an A1/201 (CXH) but can't
figure out which is the right one. The bulb in the projector has the marking
KP-TF/10 but I can't match this up to the either of the bulbs I see listed.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Old August 11th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Joe Morris

"PRP" writes:

Hi, I am trying to find out which bulb would go in a Cabin 1000A slide
projector. The manual says it is 240V 300W with a G17q base, looking I see 2
possible bulbs one is an A1/178 (CFS) the other is an A1/201 (CXH) but can't
figure out which is the right one. The bulb in the projector has the marking
KP-TF/10 but I can't match this up to the either of the bulbs I see listed.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

A bit of poking yielded notes that both the A1/178 and A1/201 are 240V,
300W, in a G17q base. The notes I see for the KP-TF/10 show (correctly
or not; I can't vouch for the info) numerous flavors of KP-TF/10, with
various voltages and power ratings, identified by additional characters
following "KP-TF/10". (Try http://www.donsbulbs.com for an index of
various flavors of this type of bulb.)

Joe Morris
Old August 12th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
PRP

"Joe Morris" wrote in message
"PRP" writes:

[...]

Thanks for the help, unfortunately I still can't confirm which bulb it is of
those two but based on what I see i'm gonna take a stab at the A1/178.