film recommendation for WOCA

Old October 16th 05, 04:31 AM

Default film recommendation for WOCA

Hello everybody.
I just got a new WOCA from an online retailer, and i carefully read the
instructions(however short they are). Now it says that WOCA is f8
constant aperture and 1/100 constant shutter speed camera. THe
instruction says that that the camera is designed for the ASA/ISO 100
film. I only have a 200 color film and a 400 Tri-X. If i shoot either
of these films, does it mean will most definitely get an overexposed
film? If so, how do i fix the overexposure?

Old October 16th 05, 05:02 AM
RobGN

This is a sorry excuse for a camera, friend.

For anyone else who is interested, this is a WOCA:
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...t_id=&pid=2682

Old October 16th 05, 05:15 AM

yep, that's what i got
glass lens and all

Old October 17th 05, 02:14 PM
Peter Chant

RobGN wrote:

This is a sorry excuse for a camera, friend.

For anyone else who is interested, this is a WOCA:
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...t_id=&pid=2682

Hmm, I note the way it proudly displays 'optical lens' on the front!

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
Old October 17th 05, 02:19 PM
Dave the Guy

It's wide angle! And noone will suspect that it's an actual camera!
And everyone will laugh at you! So all portraits you take will be of
smiling, happy, laughing people and you can easily fit the entire group
of them!

;-D

Old October 17th 05, 03:48 PM
Robert C.

"Dave the Guy" wrote in message
ups.com...
It's wide angle! And noone will suspect that it's an actual camera!
And everyone will laugh at you! So all portraits you take will be of
smiling, happy, laughing people and you can easily fit the entire group
of them!

;-D

To quote the OP:

"Now it says that WOCA is f8 constant aperture and 1/100 constant
shutter speed camera. The instruction says that that the camera
is
designed for the ASA/ISO 100 film."

Yup, about all it is good for is outdoor Wide Angle landscape photography,
or large group shots.

Old October 17th 05, 04:46 PM
Dave the Guy

I know it's "different strokes for different folks" but why bother
spending the extra money for MF film and processing with a camera like
this? Isn't this 35mm territory?

Old October 17th 05, 05:06 PM
Nick Zentena

Dave the Guy wrote:
I know it's "different strokes for different folks" but why bother
spending the extra money for MF film and processing with a camera like
this? Isn't this 35mm territory?

You're assuming:

1) The price of film and processing matters
2) Don't take this the wrong way but that your narrow view of what
makes a good photo matches everybody elses.

I've seen some very interesting Holga photos. I seriously doubt you
could produce a similar photo with a good camera. It's way too random for me
but other people are willing to put the work into it.

Nick

--
---------------------------------------
"Digital the new ice fishing"
Old October 17th 05, 06:18 PM
Dave the Guy

Nah, I'm not putting anyone down for what they use. I'm partial to
cheap (aka: old and of questionable quality) equipment myself, and just
started out doing MF recently - which means half-assed pictures. I'm
just curious what the attraction is to this sort of set up since it
seems like it's a sort of a point and shoot kind of deal.

Anyway I guess my attempt at some lighthearted comments didn't
translate too well. A couple of more of these probably wouldn't hurt,