THE Difference Between Good Quality and Poor Quality Pictures!

Old September 23rd 03, 01:50 AM
N.E.1.

Default THE Difference Between Good Quality and Poor Quality Pictures!

Below is a note I previously tried to post. I originally tried to attach
the two pictures I mention but since these are not Binaries newsgroups, they
went nowhere. I am sending this note (but with the pictures attached) to
alt.binaries.photos.originals so everyone who can *please* go there and
review the pictures and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Nathan

What is the measure of quality between these two picture clips? The one is
labeled "Splotchy" because that's how it looks (taken with a 3.2MP Pentax
Optio S), and the other is labeled "Quality" because that's what I want in a
digital Point and Shoot (taken with a Canon EOS 10D). Does ANYONE make a
Point and Shoot camera that can output a picture anywhere near that quality
level? Keep in mind that these pictures have been cropped to make them show
up as Actual Size on everyone's monitors. Thanks for any clarification
anyone can provide!

Nathan

Old September 23rd 03, 01:59 AM
Constantinople

"N.E.1." wrote in
:

[...]

Technically, the second picture is gorgeous. Are these details both
unretouched, direct-from-camera? And are they full-size?

Old September 23rd 03, 02:10 AM
Constantinople

"N.E.1." wrote in news:FNMbb.10481$iJ.5210
@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

What is the measure of quality between these two picture clips?

The main difference seems to be NOISE. Though there might also be a degree
of difference in fine shading (the first shot seems almost to be posterized
relative to the second).

Old September 23rd 03, 03:14 AM
N.E.1.

Thanks for the kind words! They are both straight from the cameras. I just
cropped them. I only adjust for brightness levels in my pictures (if
needed) and these didn't need any tweaking.

Nathan