Kodak dc 4800 with Compact Flash Card

Old August 30th 04, 06:06 PM
jim

Default Kodak dc 4800 with Compact Flash Card

I've got this old kodak which takes Compact Flash Cards for memory.
Does anyone know if it matters now if I want to buy another Compact
Flash Card if it says "Compact Flash Card High Speed" ? Does the high
speed present any problem?

It doesn't matter to me if I can't take advantage of the extra speed
as long as I don't hurt the camera and I can fit this card in the slot
of this camera. I assume the card's measurements are the same as a
non high speed card ??

Thanks.
Old August 30th 04, 07:24 PM
Mark Weaver

Any old CF card should work--they do in my DC4800 anyway (which, BTW, is
still a pretty nice 3MP camera with that 28mm wide angle and 3:2 image
ratio). The measurements of all CF cards are the same except for
microdrives (mini hard disks inside CF casing) which are thicker. The
DC4800 doesn't support microdrives, but you don't need to worry about
that--you're not going to need one or buy one accidentally.

Mark

Old August 30th 04, 08:11 PM
jim

jim wrote in message ...
I've got this old kodak which takes Compact Flash Cards for memory.
Does anyone know if it matters now if I want to buy another Compact
Flash Card if it says "Compact Flash Card High Speed" ? Does the high
speed present any problem?

It doesn't matter to me if I can't take advantage of the extra speed
as long as I don't hurt the camera and I can fit this card in the slot
of this camera. I assume the card's measurements are the same as a
non high speed card ??

Thanks.

Thanks Mark I thought so. And yes I still like the Kodak. I never
want to get rid of it but I'm thinking in about 2 or 3 years to get
another digital camera maybe when they are in the 9+ megapixel range.
My one daugher has a E (??) 70 Canon (3.2 megapixel) camera and it
takes probably as nice pictures or nicer than the Kodak but I like the
kodak because to me, it's easier to change settings and experiment.
I'm still a beginner and at the rate I take pictures I'll never get
above that grin (one month I might take 100 pics and then the next 6
months or more no pictures so I'll forget what I already learned).

Thanks again.

Old August 31st 04, 03:02 AM
Don

Speed of card should not make a diff.

Re the DC4800 we have one, my wife uses it for pictures of houses she
reveiws (28mm lens is a must). It is a really great camera. Lots of neat
features good quality pictures and sooo easy to use. I got an Olympus
5060wzl this spring - an inordinate amount of features and not so esy to use
ut really great quality pictures.

Old August 31st 04, 03:17 PM
Ron Baird

Greetings Jim,

I can appreciate your interest.

Actually, You can use any size CFC memory card with your Kodak digital
camera. As long as compact flash cards display the 'CF' logo (which means
they have passed all the standard tests and are fully certified) and are
"Type 1" (3.3 mm thick), they will work in Kodak digital cameras, regardless
of card capacity or manufacturer. The CF logo is a diamond containing the
letters 'CF.' All Kodak cameras have been tested to work with KODAK Memory
Cards, this would include cards that are noted as 'faster.' The camera
works at one speed as do all Kodak cameras and most others, so the fast
cards will not be an advantage for you. If there is a choice you can use a
slower card quite well.

Talk to you soon, Jim, let me know if you have questions.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company