Olympus C-770 Ultra Zoom your thoughts on it ?

Old August 29th 04, 11:27 AM
OCZ Guy

I think it does 30fps at 640by480 , i can't right about everything
you know

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:05:18 +0100, "Steve B"
sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

The 770 is a lot better than the older 720 for image quality that's compared
with the Pan FZ10 by another replier. The FZ10 is about the same quality as a
750 and I would rate the 770 as being similar or slightly better than the 750
(I've got one) for image quality. Any purple fringing is less than or similar
to other x10 zoomers, is only in the corners and is easily corrected for with
either -0.3EV or in Paint Shop Pro with the moire filter which gives perfect
results. The choice is mainly down to whether you really need x10, the price,
and size, it's the smallest x10 which is worth a lot for convenience. I thought
it did 30fps by the way ..........
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ol..._770uz-review/

"OCZ Guy" wrote in message
.. .

Just want to buy a Digital Camera, never had one, i want a good one
and one that takes movies is a must as well, even if they are low res.

640by480 15fps 25 minutes on a 512meg Xdcard is ok i suppose, beats
having a camcorder with you as well

Anyway was going to buy the 3.2mp version, but now the 4mp versions
price has come down to a price i can afford well could afford the
higher price but the lower price makes me want it more now

Ive read some reviews it seems good, just want some first hand,
reviews on it.

Thanks.

/ps Can you connect and external LCD to it, you know so you can point
the camera, but not look where its pointing at the LCD on the camera ?

Just like to know any camera have that ?

Thanks again.

HELLO NURSE.

HELLO NURSE.
Old August 29th 04, 03:12 PM
Peter

Default Olympus C-770 Ultra Zoom your thoughts on it ?

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:53:01 +1000, OCZ Guy wrote:

Just want to buy a Digital Camera, never had one, i want a good one
and one that takes movies is a must as well, even if they are low res.

640by480 15fps 25 minutes on a 512meg Xdcard is ok i suppose, beats
having a camcorder with you as well

Anyway was going to buy the 3.2mp version, but now the 4mp versions
price has come down to a price i can afford well could afford the
higher price but the lower price makes me want it more now

Ive read some reviews it seems good, just want some first hand,
reviews on it.

Thanks.

I have one of the earlier Oly 7XX models, but I like my newer Panasonic
FZ10 much better. It has 4MP, 12X zoom, f/2.8 over full zoom range, Leica
lens, and optical image stablization. You can find my detailed comparison
of the two, with sample pics, at

http://www.seanet.com/~pgm/panasonic.htm

HTH

Peter

--
For the best in image resizing software, try
JpegSizer at www.tangotools.com/jpegsizer
Old August 29th 04, 05:23 PM
Dave Busch

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:53:01 +1000, OCZ Guy
wrote:

I liked the C-770 Ultra Zoom for sports photography, but did not like
the purple fringing and blooming.

http://www.digital4dummies.com/OlympusC770-08.jpg