Need recommendation for a book on posing

Old April 19th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Need recommendation for a book on posing

Hi,

Can some recommend a book which illustrates how to pose people for
portraits. I would love a book that would show full body poses and posing
shots outside the studio. I saw a few books that show lots of upper body
indoor type portraits, but they were too focused as such.

I want to learn where, for example a model should keep her hands while
standing. Or, where her feet should be positioned.

Thanks for any and all help.

Dave

Old April 19th 06, 11:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Dave wrote:
Hi,

Can some recommend a book which illustrates how to pose people for
portraits. I would love a book that would show full body poses and posing
shots outside the studio. I saw a few books that show lots of upper body
indoor type portraits, but they were too focused as such.

I want to learn where, for example a model should keep her hands while
standing. Or, where her feet should be positioned.

I got this book a couple of weeks ago (it's new) and it covers hands and
feet posing extensively. I like it because it shows three or four
incremental examples so that you can see each posing technique getting
better.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1584281707/

Old April 20th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"C J Southern" wrote in message
I've heard Playboy always has good examples, although I can't speak from
experience as I only used to buy it to read the articles

playboy has articles???

Old April 20th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Here's a very helpful online source:
http://www.msnusers.com/Asktheolepro...ezeltsman.msnw
Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson Photography

Old April 21st 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

loopy livernose wrote:
"C J Southern" wrote in message
I've heard Playboy always has good examples, although I can't speak
from experience as I only used to buy it to read the articles

playboy has articles???

It's a euphimism: " 'Ja see the articles on _that_ one? "

On the other article, you seen one article, you seen 'em all...

--
Frank ess