Thermal/dye sublimation printer recommendations

Old June 4th 04, 06:40 AM
Roger Hull

Default Thermal/dye sublimation printer recommendations

Does anyone have any recommendations for the thermal or dye sublimination
printers? Are there any that can do more than one size of print? I NEED 4x6,
but 5x7 and 8x10 would be nice also. And, like everyone else lately, I'm on a
limited budget and don't want to make an expensive mistake. Thanks,
everyone.

Roger in Vegas
Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer

Old June 4th 04, 09:41 PM
grenner

In my opinion you get much better picutres from a basic ink jet than a cheap
dye sub printer. Olympus had or maybe still has one that did most of the
sizes you wanted. The quality of print is ok a nice inkjet being better,
the supplies costly and the 8x10 was just a little smaller than 8x10. The
price was around $400 that last time I looked at them a year or so ago. I
ended up with an Epson 960 and am very happy with that.

Greg
s.net...

Old June 5th 04, 01:05 AM
SteveJ

Try the new Canon I9900, 8 colors of ink, much better heads.

I in return like the Dye Sup printers like the HiTi series much better than
Ink Jets . No Idea on the new Canon I9900 though.

"grenner" wrote in message
In my opinion you get much better picutres from a basic ink jet than a

cheap
dye sub printer. Olympus had or maybe still has one that did most of the
sizes you wanted. The quality of print is ok a nice inkjet being better,
the supplies costly and the 8x10 was just a little smaller than 8x10. The
price was around $400 that last time I looked at them a year or so ago. I
ended up with an Epson 960 and am very happy with that.

Greg
s.net...

Old June 5th 04, 01:18 AM
Arthur Small

A good 4x6 is the HiTi dye sub printer.

Old June 5th 04, 03:47 PM
Gngphoto

It depends on the budget....Of course..
Kodak 8500 is a phenominal 8x10 Dye Sub Printer that is capable of glossy and
matte finishes. At about $850.00 new it is quite an impressive performer.

The Olympus P-440 is also a capable printer, now able to print full size 8x10.
Both of these printers are USB both win and mac compatible.

Any questions or if you need to purchase one email me.

George