New Mamiya 645 may influence DSLR prices

Old October 2nd 04, 04:30 PM
McLeod

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 08:46:46 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

TP wrote:

"David J. Littleboy" wrote:

Been there, done that: http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/33533884/large

(Except that I thought about it for 2 years, got up at 4AM, and walked.)

You thought about it for **two years**, got up at **4AM** ...

... and that is the best you could do?

Don't give up the day job.

We're waiting for your inspirational examples ... oh, it's TP blabbering,
nothing inspiring and certainly no examples.

You know, for the number of years TP has been pretending to be a
photographer he could have actually gone out and learned enough to at
least take one image that would have silenced some of his critics.
Just the fact that he hasn't makes me believe that he just isn't
capable of it.
Old October 2nd 04, 09:10 PM
TP

McLeod wrote:

You know, for the number of years TP has been pretending to be a
photographer he could have actually gone out and learned enough to at
least take one image that would have silenced some of his critics.

Even Ansel Adams couldn't silence you lot; none of
you can recognise a good photo, let alone take one.

The SI has done us a great service; it has revealed
the "critics" as a group of no-hopers who cannot even
master a simple brief - or any brief, as the latest
"backlit" group of dire, amateurish crap demonstrates.

When shots aren't even backlit, it indicates a level of
ignorance that is truly profound.

I find it amusing that, as the level of incompetence of
the snapshooters becomes ever clearer, the mandates
become less and less demanding, and yet those taking
part still cannot even begin to address them.

The funniest thing of all is reading the comments on
each SI posted here. I suppose that, when no-one can
even master the brief, I should expect that no-one can
provide competent critique. But the comments are
even more risible than the pathetic snaps that are
submitted with total seriousness but prove only that
no-one even cared to think what the mandate meant.

As someone who has attended meetings at many
photo clubs, I have never seen such a collection of
incompetent nonsense as the SI has brought together.

Congratulations guys!

;-)

Old October 2nd 04, 10:00 PM
Alan Browne

TP wrote:

Even Ansel Adams couldn't silence you lot; none of
you can recognise a good photo, let alone take one.

*yawn*... put up or shutup TP.

--
"There is no such thing as inaccuracy in a photograph.
All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth."
Old October 3rd 04, 06:51 AM
McLeod

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 21:10:07 +0100, TP wrote:

But the comments are
even more risible than the pathetic snaps that are
submitted with total seriousness but prove only that
no-one even cared to think what the mandate meant.

I saw some pathetic snaps of a choo-choo once. Why don't you put
those ones back up on the 'net again?
Old October 3rd 04, 08:04 AM
Ken Nadvornick

"TP" unfortunately wrote:

as the latest "backlit" group of dire, amateurish
crap demonstrates.

Don't go there Tony...

Old October 7th 04, 08:47 AM
Magnus W

TP wrote in
news
As someone who has attended meetings at many
photo clubs, I have never seen such a collection of
incompetent nonsense as the SI has brought together.

Your images at Shuttercity were clearly inferior to most everything posted
at the SI. Why did you remove them, Tony?
Old October 7th 04, 06:18 PM
Alan Browne

Magnus W wrote:

TP wrote in
news

As someone who has attended meetings at many
photo clubs, I have never seen such a collection of
incompetent nonsense as the SI has brought together.

Your images at Shuttercity were clearly inferior to most everything posted
at the SI. Why did you remove them, Tony?

He was shooting 50 rolls per average *week* and he mistakenly posted the wrong
images. He really meant to post good stuff, but screwed up. It's hard managing
some 1800 images per average *week* you know Bill, so give him a break already.

Cheers,
Alan

--

"I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist.
Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist,

Old October 7th 04, 11:10 PM
Skip M

"TP" wrote in message
news
McLeod wrote:

[...]

This coming from one who has resolutely refused to show any of his own work.
TP, I've tolerated your drivel, and the occasional insight for several
years, both here and at rpe.35mm. But you've crossed a line here. You
deride images with a broad brush, my own included, yet you have never
allowed anyone to see, criticize or even praise your own images. You are
either afraid to have your work seen, and possibly criticized, which makes
you a coward, or you've never produced anything worth showing, which makes
you a liar.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com