Pictures in airplane cabins

Old May 20th 10, 11:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter[_7_]

Default Pictures in airplane cabins

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 May 2010 15:39:00 GMT, "MC" wrote:

Bruce wrote:

On Wed, 19 May 2010 15:55:55 GMT, "MC" wrote:

May we ask who this lawer is. Maybe, if he is that good someone
here may want to use his services. Please give us some info so we
can look him up.

If you needed his services, you would have no problem finding him.

Self-evidently, you don't.

So, I take it from that reply he does not exist. Makes you look rather
silly doen't it.

Please don't - not for a single second - believe that I care remotely
what you think. Like so many newsgroup trolls, you are a parasite who
contributes nothing here. I pity you.

My concern is that the original poster has received some atrocious
advice that was pure bull**** and needed to be corrected. I was happy
to make a quick call to an expert in the field of IP law and post his
advice here, free of charge.

And the advice was well worth the price

--
Peter

Old May 20th 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , Peter
wrote:

My concern is that the original poster has received some atrocious
advice that was pure bull**** and needed to be corrected. I was happy
to make a quick call to an expert in the field of IP law and post his
advice here, free of charge.

And the advice was well worth the price

it wasn't even worth free.

from the american airlines american way magazine, may, 2010, page 88:

The use of still and video cameras, film or digital, is permitted
only for recording of personal events. Unauthorized photography or
video recording of airline personnel, other customers, aircraft
equipment or procedures is strictly prohibited.

in other words, take all the photos you want, just not of other
passengers, the flight crew, the cockpit or the galley. if asked to
stop, then you must stop. if you don't, that's not following flight
crew requests, which is an entirely different issue.

other airlines may be a little different with the specifics, but not
significantly.
Old May 20th 10, 11:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , Bruce
wrote:

I merely pointed out that your "so called" lawyer's advice is not
credible unless you can subsatitiate the source of the advice. You
cannot.

I can , but I chose not to, out of respect for my lawyer and a wish
not to subject him to timewasters like you and the many other trolls.

you don't have to give his name, just provide citations, case law, etc.
to back it up.

anything at all, other than 'he's famous and he says so.'

but you won't, because you can't.