Newbie - Nikon D200

Old August 15th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marco

Default Newbie - Nikon D200

Hi everybody,

I am new to this group and recently bought a Nikon D200,any suggestion
on where to find useful tips/news/software etc.?
Thanks

Marco
--
Posso insegnare ad un uomo a navigare
ma non potro' mai spiegargliene il perche'
Old August 15th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charlie Choc

www.nikonians.org
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old August 15th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fletis Humplebacker

Charlie Choc wrote:
On 15 Aug 2006 16:02:02 +0200, (Marco) wrote:

Hi everybody,

I am new to this group and recently bought a Nikon D200,any
suggestion on where to find useful tips/news/software etc.?
Thanks

www.nikonians.org

Good advice. That's my favorite one.

Old August 15th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marco

Fletis Humplebacker nope wrote:

Charlie Choc wrote:
www.nikonians.org

thanks I will have a look.
marco
Old August 15th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marco

Ed Ruf wrote:

Start with the manual. But grab an electronic copy in PDF off the
Nikon site. That way you can do keyword searches and find info much
more easily than in the printed version. You might also consider Thom
Hogan's ebook as well.

thanks,I've read the entire manual already,but I am looking for
practical suggestions,things like tricks and workarounds from people
that knows already pros and cons of that camera.
I will have a look to the ebook you suggested.
marco

Old August 16th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shmaryahu b. Chanoch

"Marco" wrote in message
m...
:
: Hi everybody,
:
: I am new to this group and recently bought a Nikon D200,any suggestion
: on where to find useful tips/news/software etc.?
: Thanks
:
: Marco
: --

I am in the same boat, just bought a D200.

From what was said to me, the PhotoShop software seems a bit better than the
Nikon software. I did not know about the www.nikonians.org web site but will
look in to it.

Given that my skills are rusty, I am looking for a good club in my area. Often
they have mentors who help those with weaker skills.

Old August 16th 06, 09:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marco

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:

You've given no information about where
you're coming from to the D200, or what your photographic interests are, so
that leaves an almost infinite vastness. Do you have some specific area in
mind?

you're right,I gave no information about myself.
I am coming from "normal" 35mm reflex cameras,Nikon 601,801,F4,mostly
travel pictures.
About digital this is my 1st professional camera,till now I've been
using only compact cameras,mostly for underwater pictures
http://marcobortignon.125mb.com/,and one of my goals is to bring the
D200 underwater too,but I want to learn to use the camera before that.
Outside water I am interested in landscapes/travels and ..how you call
it in english?street photo???
Just for starting,of course my beautiful one year old nephew pretends
his picts too...:-)

thanks for helping
marco

Old August 16th 06, 09:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marco

Shmaryahu b. Chanoch wrote:

From what was said to me, the PhotoShop software seems a bit better than
the Nikon software. I did not know about the www.nikonians.org web site
but will look in to it.

I am trying the Demo of Nikon Capture NX,till now I think it's very
nice!MIles ahead of Capture 4.4.I was also trying Capture One Pro,less
sofisticated but easy and powerful.
Photoshop is the King in digital photo.

Given that my skills are rusty, I am looking for a good club in my area.
Often they have mentors who help those with weaker skills.

I had a gereal view of nikonians and seems helpful,give it a try.

Marco

Old August 16th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris Dubea

On 15 Aug 2006 19:19:18 +0200, (Marco) wrote:

Fletis Humplebacker nope wrote:

Charlie Choc wrote:
www.nikonians.org

thanks I will have a look.
marco

I find the nikoncafe.com to be useful as well.

Chris
Old August 16th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marco

Chris Dubea wrote:

nikoncafe.com

looks good,i will give it a try too.