DISTAGON CF 4/50 FLE

Old May 21st 04, 07:47 PM
Magister

Default DISTAGON CF 4/50 FLE

Wich is the best hood?
Tanks
Old May 21st 04, 08:01 PM
Magister

Sorry ... lens hood

Old May 21st 04, 08:10 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Magister wrote:

Wich is the best hood?

There is only one fixed size hood that will work, and that's the "60/38-50"
(cat.no.40668).

The variable length compendiums are a bit better, but they cost a lot more,
only two of the four compendiums Hasselblad ever produced will fit, and you
will need to have adapters even then.
The two that will fit are the no longer available "Professional Lens Shade
50-70" (cat.no. 40676), the also discontinued "ProShade 6093" (cat.no.
40738) or the still current version of that one, the "ProShade 6093T"
(cat.no. 40739). You will need "Lens Mounting Ring 60" (cat.no. 40681) with
the first, and "Proshade Adapter 6093/60" (cat.no. 40741) with the other
two.

Old May 23rd 04, 01:12 PM
Daniel ROCHA

"Q.G. de Bakker" a écrit dans le message news:
There is only one fixed size hood that will work, and that's the

"60/38-50"
(cat.no.40668).

I think the 60/38-60 lens hood is useless on a 50mm !
It's too small ! I'll be more interested by a compendium !

I have not decided between the LEE Filter compendium and the Hassy
6093T...

--
Daniel Rocha - Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old May 24th 04, 05:48 PM
Magister

Il Sun, 23 May 2004 14:12:40 +0200, "Daniel ROCHA"
ha scritto:

"Q.G. de Bakker" a écrit dans le message news:
There is only one fixed size hood that will work, and that's the

"60/38-50"
(cat.no.40668).

I think the 60/38-60 lens hood is useless on a 50mm !
It's too small ! I'll be more interested by a compendium !

I have not decided between the LEE Filter compendium and the Hassy
6093T...

In my opinion, indoor is better the second solution (the compendium)
but outdoor ... the second solution, its easy and not to heavy to
carriy.
Regards

Old May 24th 04, 08:03 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Daniel ROCHA wrote:

I think the 60/38-60 lens hood is useless on a 50mm !
It's too small !

You'd think so, yes. But in fact, it is only a mm or two too short for its
focal length. So no, it's not useless. Not quite perfect, but not useless.

I'll be more interested by a compendium !

Well, for longer lenses i would certainly agree. Those plastic thingies,
while being narow, are too short. A compendium isn;t narrow, but you can put
a mask in front of it.
But i'm not convinced that my compendium is a better shade for the 50 mm
Distagon.

I have not decided between the LEE Filter compendium and the Hassy
6093T...

I don't know the Lee compendium mself, but should you ever want to use
graduated filters, do not (!) get the Hasselblad compendium. It just cannot
accomodate those.

Old June 2nd 04, 02:13 PM
Daniel ROCHA

Magister, à écrit :
In my opinion, indoor is better the second solution (the compendium)
but outdoor ... the second solution, its easy and not to heavy to
carriy.

It's why I have not already bought one...
But for landscape graduated filters is very usefull, and I don't want to
to buy a compendium (wich allow graduated filters) and also a lens
hood ! All is too much money !

Old June 2nd 04, 02:13 PM
Daniel ROCHA

Q.G. de Bakker, à écrit :
I don't know the Lee compendium mself, but should you ever want to use
graduated filters, do not (!) get the Hasselblad compendium. It just
cannot accomodate those.

Right...

I'm thinking about that... Not decided to buy, but the Lee has
my favour !