Photographs from facebook

Old March 21st 17, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Photographs from facebook

https://www.facebook.com/tuenz/photo...type=3&theater
or http://tinyurl.com/kt37uyl

.... although I think the images tend to have been pushed a little too
much.

Eric Stevens
Old March 21st 17, 10:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-03-21 20:08:04 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

https://www.facebook.com/tuenz/photo...type=3&theater

or

http://tinyurl.com/kt37uyl

... although I think the images tend to have been pushed a little too
much.

Those actually seem to be quite presentable and reasonably processed by
the photographer. There are quite a few where he has used an ND and
long exposure at capture, and I know that the long exposure smoothing
of water effect is not to everybody's liking.

What do you actually mean by "pushed a little too much" or is it just
your particular taste?

Savageduck

Old March 21st 17, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 15:07:37 -0700, Savageduck

On 2017-03-21 20:08:04 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

https://www.facebook.com/tuenz/photo...type=3&theater

or

http://tinyurl.com/kt37uyl

... although I think the images tend to have been pushed a little too
much.

Those actually seem to be quite presentable and reasonably processed by
the photographer. There are quite a few where he has used an ND and
long exposure at capture, and I know that the long exposure smoothing
of water effect is not to everybody's liking.

What do you actually mean by "pushed a little too much" or is it just
your particular taste?

Probably my taste. Colours are too saturated, too contrasty. It looks
good but it doesn't look natural.

Eric Stevens
Old March 21st 17, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-03-21 20:08:04 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

https://www.facebook.com/tuenz/photo...type=3&theater

or

http://tinyurl.com/kt37uyl

although I think the images tend to have been pushed a little too
much.

Those actually seem to be quite presentable and reasonably processed by
the photographer. There are quite a few where he has used an ND and
long exposure at capture, and I know that the long exposure smoothing
of water effect is not to everybody's liking.

What do you actually mean by "pushed a little too much" or is it just
your particular taste?

Probably my taste. Colours are too saturated, too contrasty. It looks
good but it doesn't look natural.

I have a sneaky feeling that he wasn't trying for natural.

Savageduck

Old March 22nd 17, 04:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 2017-03-21 20:08:04 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

https://www.facebook.com/tuenz/photo...type=3&theater

or

http://tinyurl.com/kt37uyl

although I think the images tend to have been pushed a little too
much.

Those actually seem to be quite presentable and reasonably processed by
the photographer. There are quite a few where he has used an ND and
long exposure at capture, and I know that the long exposure smoothing
of water effect is not to everybody's liking.

What do you actually mean by "pushed a little too much" or is it just
your particular taste?

Probably my taste. Colours are too saturated, too contrasty. It looks
good but it doesn't look natural.

I have a sneaky feeling that he wasn't trying for natural.

In that case he succeeded. :-)

Eric Stevens
Old March 22nd 17, 10:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Eric Stevens
says...

https://www.facebook.com/tuenz/photo...type=3&theater
or http://tinyurl.com/kt37uyl

It insists that I have to create a Facebook account, otherwise it won't
show me the pictures.
--
Alfred Molon

Old March 22nd 17, 10:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/tuenz/photo...1828.712929502
153892/1172477739532397/?type=3&theater
or http://tinyurl.com/kt37uyl

It insists that I have to create a Facebook account, otherwise it won't
show me the pictures.

no it doesn't.

no facebook account is required.
Old March 23rd 17, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 23:34:01 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
says...

https://www.facebook.com/tuenz/photo...type=3&theater
or http://tinyurl.com/kt37uyl

It insists that I have to create a Facebook account, otherwise it won't
show me the pictures.

I'm sorry. I didn't realise that.

Many of the photographs are good but I'm not sure that they are worth
getting a Facebook account. :-(

Eric Stevens
Old March 23rd 17, 01:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:05:33 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 23:34:01 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
says...

https://www.facebook.com/tuenz/photo...type=3&theater
or http://tinyurl.com/kt37uyl

It insists that I have to create a Facebook account, otherwise it won't
show me the pictures.

I'm sorry. I didn't realise that.

Many of the photographs are good but I'm not sure that they are worth
getting a Facebook account. :-(

You don't need a FB account to see them. It's not obvious how to get
to them after you close the FB nag, but you can get there.
Old March 23rd 17, 03:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/tuenz/photo...41828.71292950
2153892/1172477739532397/?type=3&theater
or http://tinyurl.com/kt37uyl

It insists that I have to create a Facebook account, otherwise it won't
show me the pictures.

I'm sorry. I didn't realise that.

it's not true.

Many of the photographs are good but I'm not sure that they are worth
getting a Facebook account. :-(

no need.