Firefox becoming increasingly unstable?

Old March 12th 17, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Firefox becoming increasingly unstable?

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| It is your particular anti-Apple stance which provokes my
| response.

Read the posts. Android posted a bratty complaint
that any software not supporting Macs can't be called
good software.

he's right.

I pointed out that he's in a very small
minority and can't expect broad support for Macs.

he's not and he should.

nospam then jumped in with his steamed-up confusion,
absurdly claiming that Mac business usage is in the
90th percentile by twisting the facts and stating them
in a partial way.

nothing was twisted.

My comment that Safari is said to be a junky browser?
I've never tried it.

then you're not in a position to comment.

But I have heard it criticized repeatedly.

for apple products, you only hear criticisms.

plenty of people use safari and find it just fine. it's not perfect
(nothing is) but it's better than some of the other options, such as
opera, sea monkey and the new kid on the block, vivaldi, all of which
are multi-platform.

And I don't know of a single Windows user who uses
Safari.

that's because it doesn't exist on windows and hasn't for 5 years.

it's rather difficult to use a product that is no more.

Don't you think it'd be popular on Windows
if it were better than Firefox and Chrome, or at least
better than IE?

when it was available, it was more popular than pale moon is now.

I'm just here to air info that doesn't see enough
light of day. In this case it's info that riles up
religious zealots, so I have to clarify.

there's a reason it doesn't see the light of day, that being that it's
bogus.

I have no problem with you criticizing Windows, if
it's accurate.

your posts do not support that claim.

That's what you never seem to get.
Windows users are not religious. We just use computers.

if that was even slightly true, then you'd use the computer that is
best for a given task, regardless of whether it's mac, windows, linux,
ios or android.

you consistently bash everything *but* windows.

There's no cult.

oh yes there is. it's the cult that hates apple so much that they
fabricate reasons to hate.

I'd love to criticize Windows 10, Bill
Gates, MS Office, the catastrophic failure of Winphones,
Internet Explorer, the ridiculous and failed Hailstorm
debacle, selling Vista customers down the river to do a
favor for Intel, the horror of Metro.... So many
contemptible Windows issues, so little time... Where
shall we begin?

start with being objective.
Old March 12th 17, 06:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| Consistent with Apple reports, Apple is gaining ground in the
| enterprise. Ninety-one percent of businesses use Mac

You're free to believe as you like and twist
the numbers.

i'm not twisting any numbers. the fact is that macs are not niche.

you're so full of hatred that you can't see reality.

But it remains that all
of your pro-Apple mania is not going to get
you a Mac copy of Pale Moon

it's not apple-mania.

nobody gives a **** about pale moon on *any* platform, including
windows. that's why it's lumped into 'other' in the browser stats.

or the vast number
of other software titles that don't start with "i".

idiotic comment. very few mac apps start with 'i'.

Windows people don't care how special you think
your Mac is. They don't need to care. You're
invisible.

idiotic comment #2.

plus, the fact that you refer to 'windows people' show just how biased
you truly are.

Part of the problem is that Jobs and his gang

apparently you've been in a cave for the past 5 years. jobs is dead.

have exploited their following for many years and
kept their products closed.

nonsense. nobody has been exploited and apple products are more open
than microsoft.

microsoft is the very definition of closed, with platform lock-in,
including internet explorer, active-x, .net and c#, and much more.

meanwhile, substantial portions of apple products are open source,
including macos and ios. very little of microsoft products are.

But a big part of the
issue is simply in being a minority. All minorities
have the same difficulty. You have to deal with
Windows because the world runs on Windows.

that used to be true. it's not anymore.

But Windows people don't need to be aware of
Macs. It's just plain logistics. You like to think
that Windows users are against you, but it's
actually worse than that: Windows users don't
notice and don't care. Macs are not part of their
world.

oh, they notice and care.

those 'windows people' over at microsoft released visual studio for the
mac:
https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-mac/

another group of 'windows people' at microsoft released microsoft
office for ipad *before* they released it for surface:
http://www.computerworld.com/article...microsoft-scra
ps--windows-first--practice--puts-office-on-ipad-before-surface.html

the 'windows people' over at ibm deploy 1300 macs per *week*, over 100k
macs so far (~25% of employees) and saving them $543 per system:
http://www.cio.com/article/3133945/h...-save-up-to-54
3-per-user.html
By the end of 2016, roughly one in four IBM employees will use a
Macintosh computer. The tech giant, which employs 400,000 people,
bought and provisioned 90,000 Macs since it started to support Apple
laptops in June 2015. It expects to have at least 100,000 Macs
deployed by 2017.
Old March 12th 17, 07:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| It's just plain logistics. You like to think
| that Windows users are against you, but it's
| actually worse than that: Windows users don't
| notice and don't care. Macs are not part of their
| world.
|
| Strange. Ever since I retired Windows machines are not a part of my world.

That's fine if it works for you. Yet you harbor
a grudge.

the only one with a grudge is you.
Old March 12th 17, 07:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
"Mayayana" wrote:

"Savageduck" wrote

| It is your particular anti-Apple stance which provokes my
| response.

Read the posts. Android posted a bratty complaint
that any software not supporting Macs can't be called
good software. I pointed out that he's in a very small
minority and can't expect broad support for Macs.
nospam then jumped in with his steamed-up confusion,
absurdly claiming that Mac business usage is in the
90th percentile by twisting the facts and stating them
in a partial way.

android with a lowercase a. Please!

My comment that Safari is said to be a junky browser?
I've never tried it. But I have heard it criticized repeatedly.
And I don't know of a single Windows user who uses
Safari. Don't you think it'd be popular on Windows
if it were better than Firefox and Chrome, or at least
better than IE?

Why not try it?

http://appldnld.apple.com/Safari5/04...SafariSetup.ex

I'm just here to air info that doesn't see enough
light of day. In this case it's info that riles up
religious zealots, so I have to clarify.

I have no problem with you criticizing Windows, if
it's accurate. That's what you never seem to get.
Windows users are not religious. We just use computers.
There's no cult. I'd love to criticize Windows 10, Bill
Gates, MS Office, the catastrophic failure of Winphones,
Internet Explorer, the ridiculous and failed Hailstorm
debacle, selling Vista customers down the river to do a
favor for Intel, the horror of Metro.... So many
contemptible Windows issues, so little time... Where
shall we begin?

Forced updates and upgrades?
--
teleportation kills
Old March 12th 17, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

My comment that Safari is said to be a junky browser?
I've never tried it. But I have heard it criticized repeatedly.
And I don't know of a single Windows user who uses
Safari. Don't you think it'd be popular on Windows
if it were better than Firefox and Chrome, or at least
better than IE?

Why not try it?

http://appldnld.apple.com/Safari5/04...SafariSetup.ex

a major reason is because safari 5 is ancient and won't work on very
many sites anymore.
Old March 12th 17, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

My comment that Safari is said to be a junky browser?
I've never tried it. But I have heard it criticized repeatedly.
And I don't know of a single Windows user who uses
Safari. Don't you think it'd be popular on Windows
if it were better than Firefox and Chrome, or at least
better than IE?

Why not try it?

http://appldnld.apple.com/Safari5/04...SafariSetup.ex

a major reason is because safari 5 is ancient and won't work on very
many sites anymore.

Trying it would give Mayayana, who is a webdev a chance to be
familiarized with the basic functions of Safari. I'm a nice person...
--
teleportation kills
Old March 12th 17, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"android" wrote

| So many
| contemptible Windows issues, so little time... Where
| shall we begin?
|
| Forced updates and upgrades?

Indeed. That's a good one. The entire
Windows 10 SOHo user base as an unpaid
beta testing army for corporate customers.
Most don't realize that's what it is.

Old March 12th 17, 08:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

My comment that Safari is said to be a junky browser?
I've never tried it. But I have heard it criticized repeatedly.
And I don't know of a single Windows user who uses
Safari. Don't you think it'd be popular on Windows
if it were better than Firefox and Chrome, or at least
better than IE?

Why not try it?

http://appldnld.apple.com/Safari5/04...SafariSetup.ex

a major reason is because safari 5 is ancient and won't work on very
many sites anymore.

Trying it would give Mayayana, who is a webdev a chance to be
familiarized with the basic functions of Safari. I'm a nice person...

it's obsolete. it is of no benefit.
Old March 12th 17, 08:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| So many
| contemptible Windows issues, so little time... Where
| shall we begin?
|
| Forced updates and upgrades?

Indeed. That's a good one. The entire
Windows 10 SOHo user base as an unpaid
beta testing army for corporate customers.
Most don't realize that's what it is.

most realize that's complete rubbish.
Old March 12th 17, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 12:56:26 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

"nospam" wrote

| Consistent with Apple reports, Apple is gaining ground in the
| enterprise. Ninety-one percent of businesses use Mac

You're free to believe as you like and twist
the numbers. But it remains that all
of your pro-Apple mania is not going to get
you a Mac copy of Pale Moon or the vast number
of other software titles that don't start with "i".
Windows people don't care how special you think
your Mac is. They don't need to care. You're
invisible.

Part of the problem is that Jobs and his gang
have exploited their following for many years and
kept their products closed. But a big part of the
issue is simply in being a minority. All minorities
have the same difficulty. You have to deal with
Windows because the world runs on Windows.
But Windows people don't need to be aware of
Macs. It's just plain logistics. You like to think
that Windows users are against you, but it's
actually worse than that: Windows users don't
notice and don't care. Macs are not part of their
world.

For the first time ever, I ran into a business which used an all-Mac
computer system. It was an up-market cardiologist with up-market
designer premises.

Eric Stevens