Another Hummer

Old February 28th 16, 08:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Another Hummer

Here is one I shot this morning.

…and Peter, I didn’t have time to change the color of the blossom, or
crop it out. So deal with the white.
https://db.tt/rI6hKgwq

Savageduck

Old February 28th 16, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2/28/2016 3:01 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Here is one I shot this morning.

…and Peter, I didn’t have time to change the color of the blossom, or
crop it out. So deal with the white.
https://db.tt/rI6hKgwq

As long as you like the image. To me the hummer does indeed look sharper
than in some of the others.

--
PeterN
Old February 28th 16, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article 2016022812014598413-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck wrote:

Here is one I shot this morning.

?and Peter, I didn?t have time to change the color of the
blossom, or crop it out. So deal with the white.
https://db.tt/rI6hKgwq

Fun fact, "hummer" is "lobster" in Swedish

So the civilian version of the Humvee is named quite funny here in Sweden.

"Hummer" is directly derived of "genus Homarus", the latin name of the common
edible lobster.

--
Sandman
Old February 28th 16, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-02-28 20:43:15 +0000, Sandman said:

In article 2016022812014598413-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck wrote:

Here is one I shot this morning.

?and Peter, I didn?t have time to change the color of the
blossom, or crop it out. So deal with the white.
https://db.tt/rI6hKgwq

Fun fact, "hummer" is "lobster" in Swedish

Then I guess for the Swedish edition of this post I should have used
"Hummingbird".

So the civilian version of the Humvee is named quite funny here in Sweden.

"Hummer" is also a trademark name owned by GM.

There are several other uses for "hummer" in English urban slang.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hummer

Old February 28th 16, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 12:01:45 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

Here is one I shot this morning.

…and Peter, I didn’t have time to change the color of the blossom, or
crop it out. So deal with the white.
https://db.tt/rI6hKgwq

Objects in the background (particularly twigs) have a strange fringe,
particularly in the lower-left. Any idea which caused that?

Eric Stevens
Old February 28th 16, 09:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 15:38:36 -0500, PeterN
wrote:

On 2/28/2016 3:01 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Here is one I shot this morning.

…and Peter, I didn’t have time to change the color of the blossom, or
crop it out. So deal with the white.
https://db.tt/rI6hKgwq

As long as you like the image. To me the hummer does indeed look sharper
than in some of the others.

And the hummer's colors are better.

Eric Stevens
Old February 28th 16, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:
On 2/28/2016 3:01 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Here is one I shot this morning.
Â…and Peter, I didnÂ’t have time to change the color of the blossom, or
crop it out. So deal with the white.
https://db.tt/rI6hKgwq

As long as you like the image. To me the hummer does indeed look sharper
than in some of the others.

And the hummer's colors are better.

Different bird. I have 40-60 hummingbirds feeding here.

Savageduck

Old February 28th 16, 09:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

Here is one I shot this morning.

Â…and Peter, I didnÂ’t have time to change the color of the blossom, or
crop it out. So deal with the white.
https://db.tt/rI6hKgwq

Objects in the background (particularly twigs) have a strange fringe,
particularly in the lower-left. Any idea which caused that?

Well that area is OoF, the point was to have the bird in focus. As to
why that particular fringe...???
I guess next time I should shoot at f/16-f/22.

Savageduck

Old February 28th 16, 11:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

Here is one I shot this morning.

Â…and Peter, I didnÂ’t have time to change the color of the blossom, or
crop it out. So deal with the white.
https://db.tt/rI6hKgwq

Objects in the background (particularly twigs) have a strange fringe,
particularly in the lower-left. Any idea which caused that?

Well that area is OoF, the point was to have the bird in focus. As to
why that particular fringe...???
I guess next time I should shoot at f/16-f/22.

I have checked, and it seems that I might have over tweaked the
Highlights and White Point in LR. Addressing that reduced the fringe
somewhat, but not completely.

Savageduck

Old April 8th 17, 10:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Savageduck Wrote in message:
Here is one I shot this morning.

?and Peter, I didn?t have time to change the color of the blossom, or
crop it out. So deal with the white.
https://db.tt/rI6hKgwq

And I expected 4x4...
--