ping Sandman

Old January 20th 16, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default ping Sandman

Last week you said you were thinking of visiting NYC. Please let us all
know which part of our East Coast. Few of us thought it would be like this:

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-jonas-forecast

--
PeterN
Old January 20th 16, 12:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 19, 2016, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

Last week you said you were thinking of visiting NYC. Please let us all
know which part of our East Coast. Few of us thought it would be like this:

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-jonas-forecast

We have been warned. Jonas to hit the East Coast.

Savageduck

Old January 20th 16, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 1/20/2016 10:06 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 January 2016 00:43:03 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 19, 2016, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

Last week you said you were thinking of visiting NYC. Please let us all
know which part of our East Coast. Few of us thought it would be like this:

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-jonas-forecast

We have been warned. Jonas to hit the East Coast.

but he'll turn up on the west coast and tell you that you have the map upside down ;-)

And that there are no good restaurants.
Old January 20th 16, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 1/20/2016 11:24 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:54:58 -0500, PAS wrote:

On 1/20/2016 10:06 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 January 2016 00:43:03 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 19, 2016, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

Last week you said you were thinking of visiting NYC. Please let us all
know which part of our East Coast. Few of us thought it would be like this:

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-jonas-forecast
We have been warned. Jonas to hit the East Coast.
but he'll turn up on the west coast and tell you that you have the map upside down ;-)

And that there are no good restaurants.

We need to be pro-active and inform him in advance of where to go for
a good meal. He can try this for a taste of home when away.

http://www.aquavit.org/

Yelp, Sandman's travel companion, rates it four out of five so it must
be good.

Sandman can expect to drop about $700 for dinner for two (Chef's
Tasting, wine pairing, and a tip) at Aquavit, but the herring is
supposed to be good.

What's their slogan, "Arrive hungry, leave hungry"? Talk about small
portions. This place will do better

http://www.virgilsbbq.com/
Old January 20th 16, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

[...]

Now that place is a pretentious tourist trap.

--
PeterN
Old January 20th 16, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 20, 2016, PAS wrote
(in article ):

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:54:58 -0500, wrote:

[...]

I guess I better represent the West Coast, just in case we are visited by the
jet-setting Jonas.
Bay Area, not exactly family resturaunts, but superb dinning:
http://www.chezpanisse.com/menus/restaurant-menu/
http://www.thomaskeller.com/tfl
http://houseofprimerib.net

....and the California Central Coast (Specifically Paso Robles and Templeton).
This local recommends all of these for food enthusiasts and family:
http://www.mcpheesgrill.com
http://www.bistrolaurent.com
http://www.villacreek.com
http://www.panolivo.com
http://www.ajspurs.com

Joe’s Place in Paso Robles doesn’t have a web site, just a Facebook
presence.
A great place for breakfast, brunch, and lunch, no dinner hours or menu.
https://www.facebook.com/Joes-Place-Paso-Robles-129633157108950/

Then there are many other great eating places to be found in San Luis Obispo,
Cambria, Morro Bay, Pismo Beach-Five Cities area.

Savageduck

Old January 20th 16, 05:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 20, 2016, Savageduck wrote
(in news.com):

On Jan 20, 2016, PAS wrote
(in article ):

I forgot to add Vic’s Cafe;
http://www.vicscafepasorobles.com

Savageduck

Old January 20th 16, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 1/20/2016 12:11 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 20, 2016, PAS wrote
(in article ):

[...]

When I eventually make my way to SF some day, I will surely go to "House
of Prime Rib", that place looks wonderful!
Old January 20th 16, 06:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

[...]

I don't remember all the places we ate at in CA, but a few stood out.
1. Shabu-Shabu in Carmel. We had an enjoyable meal there,with the kids.
(Who were teenagers at the time.)
About three years later, we went there without the kids and without
reservations. The owner greeted us by name. A few days later we were
eating at the Pebble Beach Lodge, and the owner of Shabu-Shabu, was
eating at the next table. He bought us a drink and invited us back, as
his guests. Unfortunately, we could not go as we were leaving the next day.

We also had a really good meal at The sardine Factory in Monterrey.

At Los Gatos we had a nice brunch, but I don't remember the name of the
place. I was on a corner, and had yellow door posts.

I really don't think we had a bad meal there. I had some unusual meals
in LA. One where we went formal, and ate in the kitchen. (The locals
said it was a big deal to eat in the kitchen.) I was not impressed.

--
PeterN