Fuji goes to 24mp and sticks with X-Trans sensor

Old January 15th 16, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Fuji goes to 24mp and sticks with X-Trans sensor

In article , Rich
A says...

I'm glad they didn't go Bayer.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1682763...rorless-camera

Why don't they give the camera a decent grip? The OVF is also a joke.
--
Alfred Molon

Old January 15th 16, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 15, 2016, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In , Rich
A says...

I'm glad they didn't go Bayer.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1682763...-flagship-24-m
egapixel-x-pro2-mirrorless-camera

Why don't they give the camera a decent grip? The OVF is also a joke.

You haven’t handled or used one have you?

Savageduck

Old January 15th 16, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 15/01/2016 17:58, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 15, 2016, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In , Rich
A says...

I'm glad they didn't go Bayer.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1682763...-flagship-24-m
egapixel-x-pro2-mirrorless-camera

Why don't they give the camera a decent grip? The OVF is also a joke.

You haven’t handled or used one have you?

When I was trying to decide between X-Pro 1 and X-E1 it seemed to me
that the straight EVF was so good that there was little benefit from the
OVF, particularly as it doesn't "zoom". Also the X-Pro was rather more
chunky. I would agree that the "grip" on both is not so good, but with
the little leather half-case which was thrown in for free when I was
buying, the X-E1 grip is somewhat better.

I'm slightly surprised they are upping the pixel count. IIRC Canon
dropped the count between the G10 and G12 to reduce the noise.
Old January 15th 16, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 15, 2016, newshound wrote
(in ):

On 15/01/2016 17:58, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 15, 2016, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In , Rich
A says...

I'm glad they didn't go Bayer.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1682763...-flagship-24-m
egapixel-x-pro2-mirrorless-camera

Why don't they give the camera a decent grip? The OVF is also a joke.

You haven’t handled or used one have you?

When I was trying to decide between X-Pro 1 and X-E1 it seemed to me
that the straight EVF was so good that there was little benefit from the
OVF, particularly as it doesn't "zoom". Also the X-Pro was rather more
chunky. I would agree that the "grip" on both is not so good, but with
the little leather half-case which was thrown in for free when I was
buying, the X-E1 grip is somewhat better.

Back when I was doing my mirrorless research the X-Pro1 was up there on my
wish list. However, after making a feature-for-feature comparison weighed
against price, there was little to argue. I found the better value with the
X-E2. I understood that I was reducing size and anticipated a reduction in
“grippability”, and I am OK with that. I agree, the half-case adds just
enough make things better without sacrificing the compact advantage.
....and it looks good.

I'm slightly surprised they are upping the pixel count. IIRC Canon
dropped the count between the G10 and G12 to reduce the noise.

I am not that surprised. They have some very good APS-C competition,
especially the D7200/D7100 at a similar price point.
So I think we shall have to see how the new sensor perform, and I think we
might well see it in the future updates to the X-T and X-E series.

Savageduck

Old January 16th 16, 08:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article m,
Savageduck says...
Back when I was doing my mirrorless research the X-Pro1 was up there on my
wish list. However, after making a feature-for-feature comparison weighed
against price, there was little to argue. I found the better value with the
X-E2. I understood that I was reducing size and anticipated a reduction in
?grippability?, and I am OK with that. I agree, the half-case adds just
enough make things better without sacrificing the compact advantage.
...and it looks good.

A plastic grip, even a magnesium one, doesn't add much to the weight of
the camera and improves a lot the usability, especially with heavier
lenses.

The Oly E-M5 has also a not so big grip, but Olympus offer the option to
attaching a larger grip.
--
Alfred Molon