New development in photography

Old May 4th 14, 01:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default New development in photography

On 2014.05.03, 17:18 , Tony Cooper wrote:
What's this describe?

"A photo that exists physically - IRL. A photo that is a
one-of-a-kind original that can be shared, exhibited and preserved. A
photo that no longer needs an electronic device to be seen."

Something new and innovative?

First off it would behoove you to add a link.

Secondly, above the paragraph you quote above is the following:
"Melt those iPhone Pixels into a True Analog Photograph.... "

Which is descriptive enough along with a similar statement in the photo
appearing with the product higher up on the same page.

Thirdly, having read other entries on the Adorama website it appears
people with pretty poor writing skills are doing many of them (or
copying the Chinese co's (whatever) English material verbatim).

Last, having read the description of the product I doubt many people
will want something as technically sketchy as this widget.

http://www.adorama.com/IMPILAB.html?src=iToolshed

--
"Big data can reduce anything to a single number,
but you shouldn’t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude."

Old May 4th 14, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2014.05.04, 09:16 , Tony Cooper wrote:
On Sun, 04 May 2014 08:32:30 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 2014.05.03, 17:18 , Tony Cooper wrote:
What's this describe?

"A photo that exists physically - IRL. A photo that is a
one-of-a-kind original that can be shared, exhibited and preserved. A
photo that no longer needs an electronic device to be seen."

Something new and innovative?

First off it would behoove you to add a link.

I stated, in the original post, that the information appeared in
Adorama's mini-catalog. I received this catalog in the mail. If the
same information does appear online, I haven't seen it and wouldn't
bother to look it up.

Fair enough.

It's kinda indicative of the times that you should think that it's a
reference to something online. We forget that there are other ways we
obtain information and news.

Anything Adorama sells in its catalog is almost certainly on their website.

Secondly, above the paragraph you quote above is the following:
"Melt those iPhone Pixels into a True Analog Photograph...."

Which is descriptive enough along with a similar statement in the photo
appearing with the product higher up on the same page.

Yes, I know. I think what I saw in this is not what you're seeing:
the humor of the bizarre. To me, it's bizarre and humorous to see a
print described in a way that implies that it is something new,
special, and innovative.

The image in the advert and the top line of the advert makes it clear
that it provides a print. ("analog instant photos").

The method is innovative or at least shows practical simplicity. Sort
of a Polaroid contact sheet (and probably delivers mediocre quality) -
but then I haven't seen the actual result.

If some maker of a compact camera comes out with an ad that says their
product includes a viewfinder, and describes this feature as a new and
innovative feature, I would find it be in the same vein of humor.

Thirdly, having read other entries on the Adorama website it appears
people with pretty poor writing skills are doing many of them (or
copying the Chinese co's (whatever) English material verbatim).

I wasn't looking at that aspect at all.

Clearly.

Old May 4th 14, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

[...]

It sounds like the old Polaroid system applied to a screen display.

Eric Stevens
Old May 4th 14, 10:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

wrote:

[...]

That's my read. Just need an app to mirror flip the image.

Old May 4th 14, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-05-04 21:43:17 +0000, Alan Browne

wrote:

[...]

It appears that this is the delivery side of a Kickstart project:

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/755...-now-available

Savageduck

Old May 4th 14, 11:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2014-05-04 21:43:17 +0000, Alan Browne

wrote:

[...]

Well, that's something at least. I bet most buyers will end up using
the widget through 1 or 2 media packs and then the dust gathering phase
will begin.

I funded a more useful widget: https://www.breathometer.com/ on
indiegogo ($20 funding, $20 S&H for Canada got me one).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dplj220fm...40213_0001.jpg