Software for the D200

Old July 23rd 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shmaryahu b. Chanoch

Default Software for the D200

I have a new D200 and was wondering if I should stay with the Nikon software or
use something like Photoshop.

BTW, how is this new camera going to compare to the D200?

Old July 23rd 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
JTS Brown

"Shmaryahu b. Chanoch " wrote in
message m...

I have a new D200 and was wondering if I should stay with the Nikon software
or
use something like Photoshop.

BTW, how is this new camera going to compare to the D200?

The new camera will be considerably better than the D200 at a much lower
price.

Old July 23rd 06, 08:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
cjcampbell

Shmaryahu b. Chanoch wrote:
I have a new D200 and was wondering if I should stay with the Nikon software or
use something like Photoshop.

Most people would expect that someone who buys a D200 would be a highly
experienced photographer who would know the answer to that question.
But then, you might just be a rich beginner who has evidently gotten in
way over his head.

In that case, get Photoshop and a couple of "Tips and Tricks" books to
go with it. Nikon Capture NX is not a substitute for Photoshop and
PictureProject is worth every penny you paid for it (which is nothing).

BTW, how is this new camera going to compare to the D200?

Until the camera is actually announced, no one knows. Be happy with the
D200. The new camera will probably fall somewhere between the D200 and
the D70s in Nikon's lineup. So, cheaper, in some ways maybe even
better, but without all the features or durability of the D200.

Old July 23rd 06, 11:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Adrian Boliston

"Shmaryahu b. Chanoch " wrote in
message m...

I have a new D200 and was wondering if I should stay with the Nikon
software or
use something like Photoshop.

BTW, how is this new camera going to compare to the D200?

I understand that the D200 comes bundled with PictureProject which I have
tried out and did not like at all. You might like to try Nikon View which
is a free download from Nikon's website, which includes a thumbnail viewer,
browser and Editor (called "Nikon Editor"). Nikon Editor is similar to
Nikon Capture but with some advanced features removed, but it still does a
good job of converting a NEF to a TIF, which can then be opened in another
application for further editing. I use Irfanview for resizing and for
conversion to a jpeg, but if I wanted to do more advanced editing I'd
probably load the tif into Gimp.

Old July 23rd 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[BnH]

What are you using the Photoshop for ?
Photoshop is a full featured photo (art) EDITING software whilst Nikon
already have Capture 4.4 [and NX soon] as a photo developer software.

IF you only want to snap your pictures, tweak them a bit and send it off to
a printing shop, Nikon Capture is your tool.
If you want to artistically retouch your photo , Adobe Photoshop is the way
to go.
For start, you can try the Nikon Picture Project as 70% of the time , I only
need to use the Picture Project to retouch my photos and send the retouched
photos to my designer for final artwork.

Old July 24th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bigguy

Download the trial of Adobe Lightroom and give it a try... Excellent RAW
convert + file/project manager etc.
Capture 4.4 or NX are both excellent RAW converters too.
PS has a steep learning curve - try PS Elements or Paintshop Pro.

What do you want this software to do exactly?

Guy

Old July 25th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
"Shmaryahu b. Chanoch "
wrote:

I have a new D200 and was wondering if I should stay with the Nikon software
or
use something like Photoshop.

BTW, how is this new camera going to compare to the D200?

Whatever works best for you is what you should use. Do you own
Photoshop? If not, try the software Nikon provides. You can decide for
yourself if that software does everything you need or if you need to
invest in Photoshop or somme other photo editing software.
Old August 6th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Nazar

In article . com,
"k-man" wrote:

New camera will be better than the D200? I don't think so.

I think he was teasing too.

I'm also waiting to see what the new camera offers - if the sensor is
the same as the 200, I will be overjoyed.

As for processing software. I've been using Elements for several year
and just bought 4 (Mac). It's more than adequate for my needs. Once in a
while I think it would be nice to have CS, but cost benefit analysis and
adjusting to a retirement income keep me with Elements.

The next question after processing is printing. The D200 would be a huge
waste of money with anything less than an Epson 2200. Just MO and I'm
sure Canon has something just as good now. I haven't been in the market
for a printer for some time. My 1280 is more than I need for the images
produced by an E-20.
Old November 30th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
LuvLatins

What an Ass. I am not rich and bought one last week, His question is
a good and simple one. What software are you using ?

I would get a few books, teh Nikon Digital Field Guide by David Busch
and the Magic Lantern Guides are good and have a list in the back
about what software is good.

Old December 1st 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
LuvLatins

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:06:33 -0400, "Shmaryahu b. Chanoch
" wrote:

I have a new D200 and was wondering if I should stay with the Nikon software or
use something like Photoshop.

BTW, how is this new camera going to compare to the D200?

How is the new D200 going to compare to a D200 ? ? ?

Question regarding newly shipped D200 in US GTO Digital Photography 5 November 30th 06 02:25 AM
D2X v D200 Bill K Digital Photography 25 June 12th 06 01:59 AM
Looking for a D200 tomm42 Digital SLR Cameras 24 February 16th 06 05:11 PM
substituting lighting changes for software edit David Virgil Hobbs Digital Photography 2 November 18th 04 07:31 PM
Photo memory card transfer software size problem Graham Archer Digital Photography 3 November 16th 04 07:16 PM